Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

But yes I generally agree all procedurals and all multi-cam sitcoms should end. I despise laughtracks. "Oh, there's a fake audience laughing, I guess that means there was a joke. I guess I should laugh too." Ugg... Single cam sitcoms are the way to go. Community, My Name is Earl, Freaks and Geeks etc.

Incredible Member

I wish someone would put a stake in the Vampire Diaries. It's not a bad show but considering the show is built around a love triangle, it's either Elena/Damon or Elena/Stefan. I'd say switch it up and have one of the brothers truly move on from Elena. Or if the show's feeling freaky, just have them share Elena and put all the angst to rest.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I wish someone would put a stake in the Vampire Diaries. It's not a bad show but considering the show is built around a love triangle, it's either Elena/Damon or Elena/Stefan. I'd say switch it up and have one of the brothers truly move on from Elena. Or if the show's feeling freaky, just have them share Elena and put all the angst to rest.
    I had to stop watching that show, they depowered the main witch on there and just made her feel pain periodically, and Elena is still alive. That chick annoys the hell out of me, and the fact that they won't put her down made me quit the show.

Quote Originally Posted by harpier View Post
    Re: Supernatural. Several months ago a similar observation was made by Tim Surrette, a TV critic on tv.com, who similarly concluded that Supernatural really needed to wind up. I responded with "Re-discovering Purpose in Supernatural" (here). You're absolutely right about the Leviathans, but as @KurtW95 mentions, it has now mostly righted the ship, but that doesn't excuse it from its chronic lack of foresight. I think, like Seasons 1-5, Supernatural needs to recover a bigger picture, an end-game. Whether that be next season or in another three or four, it needs to mark its conclusion.
    The Leviathan season was for the most part cringe-worthy. But Carver is doing a good job bringing it back. I hope it continues for as long as it can.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Boisterously Confused

Revenge was a great idea for one or two seasons. The plot was so intense drawing it out interminably robbed it of its early cache.

BANNED

Pretty much all reality shows, especially those sullying the Learning Channel and Discovery Channel. Also the similarly mean-spirited, shallow afternoon talk shows. 99% of the E! network. 100% of Fox News.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Pretty much all reality shows, especially those sullying the Learning Channel and Discovery Channel. Also the similarly mean-spirited, shallow afternoon talk shows. 99% of the E! network. 100% of Fox News.
    Add all of MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. news talk shows and news programs and I'm right there with you. Shut out all the noise and let CSPAN just show what's really happening in Washington D.C without spin from either side.

The American people might actually figure out that letting politicians stay more than one term is an incredibly bad idea and we'd be a hell of lot better off for it.

Castle, and the Big Bang Theory same crap every week for yeas now, they need to change up or get gon, i dont know how TBBT is supposed to go for another 3 seasons and Supernatural hs been jumping the shark since season 5 it suffers from once you beat Satan where is there to go whos really a threat to these two, and could they please go a season without the two boys falling out Christ that gets old quick

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    This. I remember when the History Channel showed more than garage sales, rednecks and car shows lol.

Also I never understood those singing or dancing shows on NBC and ABC. I dont know what theyre called, but they all basically look the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante View Post
    Castle, and the Big Bang Theory same crap every week for yeas now, they need to change up or get gon, i dont know how TBBT is supposed to go for another 3 seasons and Supernatural hs been jumping the shark since season 5 it suffers from once you beat Satan where is there to go whos really a threat to these two, and could they please go a season without the two boys falling out Christ that gets old quick
    I agree that TBBT has gotten kind of stale; but Supernatural and Castle can go on as long as possible.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 05-09-2014 at 01:32 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Part-Time Pen Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Disagree on The Middle, Once zupon A Time and Big Bang Theory the Big Bang Theory has 3 seasons left anyways. I love the Middle since I am from Indiana.
    I'd like to see the Middle go out while it's still decent. Its had 5 seasons, which to me is normally a golden number for TV series. Big Bang Theory is starting to get a bit stale. The Sheldon/Amy relationship and how its being drug along is starting to annoy me now, more than be funny. As for OUAT, I'm sure some peole enjoy the direction its gone. Personally I feel the show is a train wreck at this point. Has been since where it went in Season 3.

Vampire Diaries I think gets the winner for this one. What a terrible show.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The Simpsons, oh my lord..that just needs to end.
    Last week's episode was great.

But really, saying a show needs to end is like saying a store should be shut down just because you don't go there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The Simpsons, oh my lord..that just needs to end.
    I came here to say exactly this. My fiance still watches and I just cannot see why that show still exists. But she likes all those coldly manufactured paranormal/sci-fi tween romance books/movies, so I guess I can understand how The Simpsons too can still have an audience.

I honestly can't believe Bones, NCIS, and CSI are still on. I quit those years ago.

I see many folks here posting Law and Order. Law and Order has been over for years now, so I assume you must be referring to SVU. Please, do not confuse Law and Order with that SVU crap. Thank you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    Add all of MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, etc. news talk shows and news programs and I'm right there with you. Shut out all the noise and let CSPAN just show what's really happening in Washington D.C without spin from either side.
    What about news from the rest of the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Pow! View Post
    But really, saying a show needs to end is like saying a store should be shut down just because you don't go there anymore.
    That's why I tried to avoid shows I just don't care for and name only things I think actively make us worse.