Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Emma, Psylocke, Kitty, and Rogue.

Expect a healthy rotation of these characters.
    Call it delusional, laughable or stupid but I do have a little higher expectations from most of the writers than that.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I understand both sides of this argument and agree that it is a little disheartening if creators have been told that no new characters can be made. I don't think that kind of restriction in the long run will be beneficial at all. However, if this is just a short term edict, which I strongly believe it will be if it's true, we will be getting some of our favorite underused characters worked into the current books. I am always reading other posts where people are asking for this. I always do. I also very strongly believe that Marvel is going to try and do the best work on all of their characters, especially the X franchise, regardless of who has the movie/tv rights. Let Fox put the money and effort forward to produce kick-ass films and television programs. Marvel will still use that momentum to sale books, merch, and push animated films or other profitable mediums. Look at how much money they have made on their own studio productions. They are not going to purposefully tarnish a brand that has been at the top for so many years. Really. I don't agree with that line of thinking. They put really great creative teams on the X-books. When the art goes to complete crap and Marvel decides to let Magneto tell fart jokes, maybe I'll start to listen to that nonsense. Just saying.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Except, and here is probably my least favorite part of this whole mess, this doesn't hurt Fox on damned bit.

If Fox thinks a good villain for an X-movie is a dude who can shoot lightening from his butt, they can make a character who does that. They're completely free to tell their own X-men stories in their movies.

The only people who are getting hurt by this are the X-men fans and readers. We're the only ones who will suffer from this.

Edit: And, hilariously enough, the character in your avatar wouldn't exist had this happened a few months earlier.
    It's more symbolic, it shows that Marvel isnt' happy with the relationship that benefits Fox entirely and puts more pressure on Fox to perform as a really big bomb would send the rights back to Marvel or the Stockholders may force Fox to sell.

I don't think Fox is free to make new characters in the X-Films, only to use X-Characters. It's why we haven't seen any new Mutants.

I disagree, means more possibly screen time for characters I like.

Actually she would have considering the Soft Boot thing which means Fox doesn't have any hold on the All-New Mutants.

Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Emma, Psylocke, Kitty, and Rogue.

They aren't really doing that now and I'm sure this was in the talks and silently pushed in awhile back. Rogue isn't even in an X-Book and Wolverine is dying.

While Storm may have a solo the X-Men book is about Rachel and her POV, X-Factor is about Polaris, and X-Force is about Cable.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 10-07-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Mighty Member

One of whom is about to be killed off. Permanently, according to Axel Alonso.

I suspect Cyclops will be next.

I agree that it's a bad thing in that writers can't create new characters, but I also agree with the people saying Marvel has too many unused mutants already. Both parties are correct, imo...

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Great. It was Claremont who strengthened them with the rich tapestry of supporting characters that just so enriched the narrative.
    Agreed. Claremont may not have "created" that team, but he's the one who made them worth a shit (when they actually were)...

... Matthew Malloy.

Hell, in his own book, Ziggy Karst & Rico.

I don't think by his own statement, he understands the situation so well.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Again, you're mistaken if you think this will result in Boom-Boom getting out of limbo.

But you raise a good question: Why did editorial allow the X-gene to be restarted if they were going to cripple it again?
    Because just because they can't create new char's doesn't mean they can't use new mutants popping up as part of their story.

Matthew for example, could just be a story arc char that dies at the end.

They can still create char like that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    One of whom is about to be killed off. Permanently, according to Axel Alonso.

I suspect Cyclops will be next.
    Do you really think Wolverine is going to be dead forever?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Call it delusional, laughable or stupid but I do have a little higher expectations from most of the writers than that.
    Their new status quo plot line was literally bringing back young versions of old mutants. There was a big crossover with some characters having 3 versions of themselves. This is reality.

Do you really think Wolverine is going to be dead forever?
    Not forever, no. But if they can successfully fill the void with various mini series (Logan's Legacy, Weapon X) as well as other characters like Sabretooth and X-23, then I would expect it to last for awhile. At least 3-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Their new status quo plot line was literally bringing back young versions of old mutants. There was a big crossover with some characters having 3 versions of themselves. This is reality.
    Yes the reality is, is that has already been done.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 10-08-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I hope it's true! You know why? There are so many X-characters that have been created, made loved and then were left alone. So yeah forget about creating new ones. make barely used ones used and make them cool and interesting. Just ask David, just ask Carey, ask Kyle and Yost and give us Stinger, Neal Shaara, forgotten Acolytes, Lifeguard, Indra, Loa, Crosta, Sketch, etc etc.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Centipede Damascus View Post
    Look, we know this isn't a hard-and-fast rule, or else Goldballs, Tempus, Triage, Shark Girl, Sprite, Eye Boy, etc. wouldn't exist. There have been a lot of new mutants introduced over the last few years. The most recent I think being Creep in Pak's Storm series just a couple months ago. Some people are acting like this is a sign of the apocalypse or something, and it simply isn't.
    This, pretty much.

And I am done with this topic.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I worry that this is going to be a major hindrance for the X-books. If they can't create new characters, then that's horribly limiting.
    I disagree. I think this is a good thing for the overall quality of the books, because it will force the X-Office to better utilize the 10,000 wallpaper mutants they already have crowding the books, or just go back to basics all together and streamline some titles and concepts. Both or either of those ideas have been needed in the X-Books for a very long time now.