Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidMunroe View Post
    With good reason. Imaginative writers actually = more stories to tell. And as it stands (bar Spurrier), the X-Office is creatively bankrupt. As has already been established, when writers get free reign to create whoever and whatever they want, we get tasteless derivatives like Triage and Tempus and it's even more of a problem when the creator of creations in question do next to nothing to distinguish them from their predecessors.
    I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The majority of the Deadpool stories being written right now are good. It's not like they're flooding the market with crap like they did a few years ago.
    The quality of the books is beside the point. Deadpool is solidly in the X-Men stable, but Marvel's likely going to keep promoting him even as Fox rolls out a Deadpool movie. Maybe that'll change as the release date gets closer, but for now, he's a rather glaring exception.

Though, really, I'd just sit on the sidelines with popcorn if the edict did firm up and Fox used Putterman's pettiness to effectively squeeze Marvel into a corner so far as which X-Men titles they could publish.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 10-07-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    I agree with you.
    Thanks mate.

With good reason. Imaginative writers actually = more stories to tell. And as it stands (bar Spurrier), the X-Office is creatively bankrupt. As has already been established, when writers get free reign to create whoever and whatever they want, we get tasteless derivatives like Triage and Tempus and it's even more of a problem when the creator of creations in question do next to nothing to distinguish them from their predecessors.
    And, rightly or wrongly, too many characters was the original justification for the "No More Mutants" debacle. By nature of the mutant premise, the line has steadily had a building cast bloat problem for years. But since Marvel is never going to retire the old names that make the money, what you end up with is a lot of one-trick ponies that fade into the background once they've gotten their one story out, if they are lucky enough to even get that.

no one is going to suddenly start giving a crap about dust or trance just because marvel won't let writers create new mutants. you guys have lost it if you think so.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Nonsense. You're letting your character biases cloud the bigger issue at play here.

I don't care how "imaginative" a writer you claim to be, when you're stuck in the same sandbox with the same toys, your stories will suffer.
    Last edited by Park Slope Pixie; 10-07-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Bendis said something similar to this on his tumblr awhile ago. He basically stated that the only reason he got his new x-kids in the book was because it was under the Marvel Now soft-boot crap.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyeatsyourface View Post
    Bendis said something similar to this on his tumblr awhile ago. He basically stated that the only reason he got his new x-kids in the book was because it was under the Marvel Now soft-boot crap.
    i would be eternally grateful if you could find that source link.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Issues just hitting the stands now were in the works from at least half a year ago. Give it about a year from now before we start seeing some real effects.
    That is a valid point. I had thought about how Bendis is probably the exception to the rule as I'm sure he probably owns a small percentage of any new character he creates. Once Jessica Jones' Netflix series actually happens, we will see what type of credit he gets and probably be some news stories about his percentage.
    http://www.shadowandflamewithmagik.com/

My Blog following the adventures of Kitty Pryde, Lockheed and Magik

Too bad they didn't enforce this before AVX so we wouldn't be stuck with Bendis new shitty characters. Creating new mutants isn't a big deal... I mean they have plenty to use. That said the merch and such is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    i would be eternally grateful if you could find that source link.
    He posts like a million things a day but I'll try looking through his tumblr archives to find the link.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    X-Men has too many characters not getting enough love. Those characters should get a second look instead of serving as wallpaper, or red shirts.
    It's attitudes like this that result in blown-up school buses.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    So the last new mutants will see for the foreseeable future are Bendis' Uncanny crew and Aaron's circus from WatXM. Fantastic.
    Don't most new characters show up as students in the beginning of a new show runner's series anyway?

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

I'm starting to think that a creatively bankrupt franchise focusing on the same four or five same old characters is what the fanbase deserves. The response here beggars belief.

Quote Originally Posted by ariwl1 View Post
    And, rightly or wrongly, too many characters was the original justification for the "No More Mutants" debacle. By nature of the mutant premise, the line has steadily had a building cast bloat problem for years. But since Marvel is never going to retire the old names that make the money, what you end up with is a lot of one-trick ponies that fade into the background once they've gotten their one story out, if they are lucky enough to even get that.
    Indeed. And this is sadly symptomatic of a malignant malady that a bunch of draconian big-wigs are seemingly okay with. And the ones who aren't are either too few and far in between or without a platform to have their voices heard/make an effective change.