Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    It also seems to depend how much money is at stake. For example, I don't imagine we'll be seeing the flow of Deadpool merch and comics slow down that much.
    I disagree with this. I won't be surprised in the least if we see fewer and fewer Deadpool tie-ins now that FOX is fast tracking his movie.

well, it really is the end. scotty's revolution terrorists are the last mutant x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Nonsense. You're letting your character biases cloud the bigger issue at play here.

I don't care how "imaginative" a writer you claim to be, when you're stuck in the same sandbox with the same toys, your stories will suffer.
    Maybe i am, and maybe your contention is true to an extent. Contextually speaking, everyone knows that there're a plethora of criminally underused characters in the stagnant and ever-increasing repository of limbo. An awful lot. With a franchise already so convoluted beyond repair, how does it make any logical sense to whimsically create new characters for the sake of what's probably going to be a watered down version of an already utilized narrative?
    Last edited by DavidMunroe; 10-07-2014 at 10:58 AM.

^ I agree with you 100%

no one is going to suddenly start giving a crap about dust or trance just because marvel won't let writers create new mutants. you guys have lost it if you think so.
    but theyre going to start caring for Dust 2.0 or Trance 2.0? no...theyll just end up with the original Trances and Dusts and Gen Xer and new Xmen kids wallpapering the books and doing nothing.

we need a break from that...

also Solanas, stop defending Bendis! he hates Pixie!
    Last edited by jawbreaker; 10-07-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    well, it really is the end. scotty's revolution terrorists are the last mutant x-men.
    Ahahahahahaha.

Extraordinary Member

I think this is a great thing, indeed. I applaud this.

Hopefully, it fans will see new developments with underused, pre-existing characters.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
    I think no new characters is a good thing...there's already a bunch of underdeveloped c-d listers they can use anyway...the merchandise/promoting thing really sucks though, probably why we'll never get a new X-Men animated series.
    I do feel this is kind of a good thing also. At least maybe that means they will flesh out some under used characters instead of just continually making new characters. They just can't have writers go on wide spread killing sprees. Which is limiting in that aspect.

I don't see this as a major problem, yes it is a problem for future stories and might be a little questionable that they are not allowed to create new mutants, but on the other hand we already have a good number of mutants running around so it's not were gonna run out any time soon, plus most people really only care for the more well known X-men that have been around for about 50 or so years.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    X-Men has too many characters not getting enough love. Those characters should get a second look instead of serving as wallpaper, or red shirts.
    This.

Plus come on people, that late 90s deal with Fox for the rights to the X-Men saved Marvel from chapter 11. There wouldnt have been any comics for the last 10+ years without it...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    They just can't have writers go on wide spread killing sprees. Which is limiting in that aspect.
    The x-writers really need to move away from stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Not being able to create new x-characters is probably a good thing. It's not as though they were doing anything significant with the majority of characters they have now...anyway.
    Maybe those characters suck. Its never good to bottle creativity.
    Last edited by Slant; 10-07-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Straight from the All-Father himself.

It doesn't matter if every single new X-Character created lately has been ****, or if there are plenty of old characters that need love. This is Marvel restricting the creativity of their writers for nonsensical reasons.

And people say Marvel aren't biased against the X-Men.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    And people say Marvel aren't biased against the X-Men.
    it's just your complex making things up again.

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I disagree with this. I won't be surprised in the least if we see fewer and fewer Deadpool tie-ins now that FOX is fast tracking his movie.
    Ah! But Kevin Feige is apparently involved in the Deadpool film with Fox. Maybe it's the sign of a brighter future? Or at least renegotiations so Marvel stops crapping on the X-Men comics?

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Maybe those characters suck. Its never good the bottle creativity.

I do hope you are aware that the characters don't create and write themselves.

and I present to you...Goldballs and Shark Girl!
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 10-07-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.