Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    it's just your complex making things up again.
    If Dr. Breevort says so, who are we to deny it?
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

X-Men comics had a good run

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

You do know that just because they can't create any new mutants does not mean they can't face new threats don't you? There is still the entire Marvel universe out there for them to play with as far as threats go. The way I take this is that they just will not be introducing any new characters in the x-books so as to avoid Fox owning them for the movies. Who is to say a character can not be created in another series and then used in big X story? You would get a new threat but Marvel would keep the rights to the new character to use how they pleased. I am sure at this point Marvel has gone over their movie contract with Fox with a fine tooth comb and knows exactlly what they can and can't do to keep the character movie rights in house, and that is really what this is all about.

Honestly I kind of think this is a good thing because it forces the X-writers to look outside the box when they are thinking of new story ideas. Either by using threats from the wider Marvel U or using older characters but giving them a new spin.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalsIII View Post
    But isn't Matthew Malloy a new x-character?
    I may be getting ahead of myself here but it seems pretty obvious to me that Matthew is just a plot device that won't be around for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    I do hope you are aware that the characters don't create and write themselves.
    Writers shouldn't be forced to resurrect C-D listers either. If they want to create a new character to add they should be able to, without worrying about which failed mutant hasn't gotten a shot.

The "too many characters as it is" talking point is utter nonsense. Some of them probably should be put out to pasture.

^some of the a-listers should be put out to pasture as well...

Extraordinary Member

A lot of characters have been seen as beneath notice until a creator generates exciting story ideals. Look at DD, Iron Man, Thor, Avengers, (heck even) Green Lantern with their various creative teams over the decades. Their sales & significance have been up & down depending on the creative teams behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Straight from the All-Father himself.

It doesn't matter if every single new X-Character created lately has been ****, or if there are plenty of old characters that need love. This is Marvel restricting the creativity of their writers for nonsensical reasons.

And people say Marvel aren't biased against the X-Men.
    If you can't be creative with limitations, then you aren't that creative and probably aren't cut out for writing or working for anyone other than yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    and I present to you...Goldballs and Shark Girl!
    Yep, on one hand we get mutant sight gags; on the other we get Matthew Malloy who's so "OMG! WE'VE NEVER SEEN THIS MUCH POWER BEFORE!!!" the poor guy probably won't live to see New Year's. Hampering creativity intentionally sucks, but the assembly line hasn't exactly been churning out keepers in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The "too many characters as it is" talking point is utter nonsense. Some of them probably should be put out to pasture.
    Could be true. However, prepare for many more "Exodus" style threads as a result.

Its a ridiculous stance to take on a franchise that was saved by someone creating new characters rather than sticking with what was already there.

Anyone agreeing with this should be ashamed of themselves.

people have GOT to stop trying to pawn off garbage characters as the silver lining behind this devastating news. that is really not the issue here in the slightest.

Writers shouldn't be forced to resurrect C-D listers either. If they want to create a new character to add they should be able to, without worrying about which failed mutant hasn't gotten a shot.

I second this.

Some character fail because they were built around outdated / faulty concepts. Preventing writers from creating new ones who might be better conceived and / or more relevant to our days because of that is silly.

BANNED

I think Marvel should start killing off all these older, underused characters so that the fans in this thread will be able to appreciate new ones.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Its a ridiculous stance to take on a franchise that was saved by someone creating new characters rather than sticking with what was already there.

Anyone agreeing with this should be ashamed of themselves.
    That was when there were only 5 teen-aged mutants plus their mentor and a few baddies running around. Now...fast-forward to 2014.

And for the record...I am never ashamed of my beliefs.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I think Marvel should start killing off all these older, underused characters so that the fans in this thread will be able to appreciate new ones.
    There are camps in Genosha, please do not give Remender ideas...............
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616