Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Really though, what would a new mutant do between now and Ominous April of Ominousness? The next several months are going to payoff from other runs. Wait til the status quo returns to judge.
    Last edited by ImprobableQuestion; 10-07-2014 at 11:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Really though, what would a new mutant do between now and Ominous April of Ominousness?
    What are you talking about?

BANNED

Really though, what would a new mutant do between now and Ominous April of Ominousness?
    Crank call the Avengers.
    Put laxative in their water.
    Clog their toilets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    What are you talking about?
    Why introduce a new character during Axis or TRO?

BANNED

Why not?

BANNED

What does the current arc of Avengers have to do with new X-characters?

BANNED

Because the April Event appears far too huge to just use the cast of two Avengers books. At the very least we'll get tie-ins.

What does the current arc of Avengers have to do with new X-characters?
    Apparently the story is that 8 months from now, post Axis and Spider-verse, where its the last day before the final incursion. With that, some people are worried that it will lead to a reboot of the Marvel universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Do you think that Avengers writers and Inhuman writers are allowed to create new characters?
    Yes because Marvel will own those characters 100%. Why is it so hard for people to realize this has zero to do with creativty and all to do with business? Marvel is not going to let new characters that might take off be owned by another film company period. That is all this whole thing is about.

Like I said X writers have the whole Marvel U to work with so their creativity should not be that stiffled if they truly have talent. Here is an example. Lets say tommorow Ultron decides that mutants are a blight on the world and decides to destroy them. There you would have a major baddie in a major storyline that could run years but Marvel would still own Ultron.

"it's just business" polish your halos elsewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Like I said X writers have the whole Marvel U to work with so their creativity should not be that stiffled if they truly have talent. Here is an example. Lets say tommorow Ultron decides that mutants are a blight on the world and decides to destroy them. There you would have a major baddie in a major storyline that could run years but Marvel would still own Ultron.
    Or the numerous non-mutant supporting characters that used to be so integral to the franchise (Carol anyone?) before Cyclops made pouty face.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Not being able to create new x-characters is probably a good thing. It's not as though they were doing anything significant with the majority of characters they have now...anyway.
    THIS!!! Even if this is true,; so what? We have 70 years of X-characters, and oodles of great things to mine. I'm okay with the X-kids getting more focus, rather than yet more new kids being created.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Edict was passed down LONG after Bendis introduced his new guys.

And I can't believe readers are justifying this. Does anyone realize how insanely boring any series will be if the same characters interact with each other OVER AND OVER? This is tantamount to a slow, suffocating death for the franchise.
    This would be true if any of the current cast were actually interacting with one another, instead it's the same ole same "You killed Xavier", and "I didn't kill him intentionally" repeated every time the characters interact!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    no one is going to suddenly start giving a crap about dust or trance just because marvel won't let writers create new mutants. you guys have lost it if you think so.

Opposed to fan favorite gems like Goldballs, Triage, and Tempus? Once Bendis is off ANXM, and UXM these characters will far to the wayside having contributed NOTHING to the X-mythos but taking up precious panel space the same as their, totally relevant predecessors, "Hope and the Five Lights"!

Truth is I'd never agree with a writer being forced to write characters they don't want to, it often times makes for terrible stories HOWEVER, the X-men is the exception to that rule the X-books have way too many characters in limbo and what's worse is every few years a new writer create these "new" and "original" characters with similar powers and back-stories as existing characters that lay in character limbo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Truth is I'd never agree with a writer being forced to write characters they don't want to, it often times makes for terrible stories HOWEVER, the X-men is the exception to that rule the X-books have way too many characters in limbo and what's worse is every few years a new writer create these "new" and "original" characters with similar powers and back-stories as existing characters that lay in character limbo!!!
    Like Elixir and Triage for example.
    It's true that Elixir is way more powerful but if they would have been creative they would have found some reason why his powers became weakened or something like that.
    "This is me being reasonable"

BANNED

Because the April Event appears far too huge to just use the cast of two Avengers books. At the very least we'll get tie-ins.
    I'm still not really seeing the relevance, to be honest.

It's kind of like saying that the Avengers shouldn't be allowed to create new characters because Spider-Verse is going on.