Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quick resolve: introduce new characters in other books, bring them into the X-Books (but don't nececessarily make them mutants) afterwards. It'll be no different than if they added Hulk to an X-Team in the comics, FOX wont be able to touch him.

The X-Books only need new villains, so creating a non mutant villain in another series then bringing him/her over to the X-Books to be established as the big threat is definitely the way to go. Officially they'd simply be universally general (as in not confined to one franchise) villains; unofficially they'd be part of the X-Franchise (in comics; like Carol Danvers before 2006).

Gotta work around these things.
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I'm fine with this. There's a huge cache of mutants from the X-men's history to choose from and a crap ton of personalities that go along with them. A writer should have to dig through the annalls of X-lore if they're interested in writing the books instead of creating crap characters like Eye-Boy and Sprite.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma's Midriff View Post
    I'm still not really seeing the relevance, to be honest.

It's kind of like saying that the Avengers shouldn't be allowed to create new characters because Spider-Verse is going on.
    or avengers shouldn't be allowed to create new characters because firebird and living lightning aren't busy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Edict was passed down LONG after Bendis introduced his new guys.

And I can't believe readers are justifying this. Does anyone realize how insanely boring any series will be if the same characters interact with each other OVER AND OVER? This is tantamount to a slow, suffocating death for the franchise.
    Honestly, if the X-Men rotates out half of the characters currently in their stable they wouldn't need any new characters for at least 10-15 years at the very least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Honestly, if the X-Men rotates out half of the characters currently in their stable they wouldn't need any new characters for at least 10-15 years at the very least.
    You could honestly say the same thing about the Avengers. How are all those Initiative characters doing?

BANNED

I'm still not really seeing the relevance, to be honest.

It's kind of like saying that the Avengers shouldn't be allowed to create new characters because Spider-Verse is going on.
    Spiderverse doesn't appear to concern the Avengers or X-Men. TRO shows the entire world going to hell in 6.5 months. I know it's hard to imagine the X-Men doing anything other than fight themselves, but one would hope they have some involvement in the END OF THE WORLD.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Spiderverse doesn't appear to concern the Avengers or X-Men. TRO shows the entire world going to hell in 6.5 months. I know it's hard to imagine the X-Men doing anything other than fight themselves, but one would hope they have some involvement in the END OF THE WORLD.
    It seems silly to expect the X-men to get involved in Avengers books. But that's just me.

BANNED

You could honestly say the same thing about the Avengers. How are all those Initiative characters doing?
    Your right. It's a complete waste on both sides. But I don't think it will hurt either franchise to tap into the pool of resources they already have.

Heck this is the same franchise that had to decrease their character pool with an event because it was getting a little out of control.

I don't understand how "there's tons of characters" excuses this. Those characters will always be there any way. Before, it wasn't a matter of forcing one way or the other. Now, there is.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Not like the X-Men did anything other than cameo when the world was ending in Infinity. Or any of the other countless times the world has been ending in an Avengers book.
    On ye olde CBR

BANNED

Edit

Phone is having problems lol
    Last edited by Trident; 10-07-2014 at 12:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I don't understand how "there's tons of characters" excuses this. Those characters will always be there any way. Before, it wasn't a matter of forcing one way or the other. Now, there is.
    I'm just saying that it won't hurt the With as many character the X-men have available that aren't being used or haven't been used in years the x-office could pull out an old character very few months and be just the same, if not better then, creating a brand new character who will be around just as long as the current writer is on the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I'm just saying that it won't hurt the With as many character the X-men have available that aren't being used or haven't been used in years the x-office could pull out an old character very few months and be just the same, if not better then, creating a brand new character who will be around just as long as the current writer is on the title.
    Its a short sighted view. It won't hurt any present stories or things being planned in the immediate future. Its still a crippling practice.

BANNED

This isn't about old characters vs new characters. This is about unfair restrictions being placed on X-writers and nobody else.

Didn't Bendis just create Tempus, and she is getting a big story on the Annual anyway no?