Super Moderator

Default AMC Renews "The Walking Dead" For Sixth Season

Days before the season five premiere, AMC has renewed "The Walking Dead" for a sixth season with Scott Gimple to return as showrunner.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

The Walking Dead is not just a good zombie series or a good comic based series. it's one of the best dramas ever to air on TV. Glad that the public is responding to it.

It's actually back this Sunday the 12th, not the 13th like the article says.

BANNED

Can't wait! It's gonna be awesome!!!!

All-New Member

Man, why didn't I get into comics before 2003?!?! I only got into comic books in 2011. But even during the second season, I could still find early issues for reasonable amounts at my local comic book store. I should have bought them then. Now it's impossible. It's a series that I will never be able to completely collect. I don't care about selling them. I would just love to have all the single issues in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
    Man, why didn't I get into comics before 2003?!?! I only got into comic books in 2011. But even during the second season, I could still find early issues for reasonable amounts at my local comic book store. I should have bought them then. Now it's impossible. It's a series that I will never be able to completely collect. I don't care about selling them. I would just love to have all the single issues in the series.
    Ah, there's always ebay.

That's how my Dad got War of the Supermen and Last Stand of New Krypton for me, thus completing my collection at the time, outside of reprints and graphic novels. Now, I know TWD would likely be older, maybe more expensive, but be worth a spin, as would other places, like Amazon and maybe The Book Depository.

This is great news. Color me happy.

Can't say this really surprises me. With AMC losing Mad Men soon and Breaking Bad ending, they kind of need to hang on to the series that is still going strong for them. Halt and Catch Fire and Turn haven't really been the high volume replacements for those lost shows I'm sure AMC had hoped they would be. Not bad shows, I've really enjoyed Turn, but it doesn't draw numbers like Breaking Bad or Mad Men.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!