Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    does this count?

Um, hell yes it does! I just rewatched the two episodes of this incredibly bad series that I remember absolutely LOVING as a kid. I can't believe Alex Ross drew it, adding Superman and WW. Or rather I can believe it. He'd be exactly the guy to do that. His nostalgia lines up perfectly with my own.

The only "error" I see is that Batman and Robin seem to have the actual '66 Batman costumes when they weren't actually allowed to use them and instead had some pretty poor imitations for West and Ward to wear.

Exceptionally well done on the crazy Hawkman and the horrid GL mask though. And the way GL was constantly pointing his ring at himself in those two eps.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    The first character is Brain Storm, not Brainwave.
    Of course! Thank you. This was a senior moment for me. That was one I ought to have gotten and would have only a few years ago. I'm losing my memory and with it some of the particulars of DC lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    'The Brain' appears to be Validus.
    Nicely done.

The one after Power Ring may be Felix Faust.
    I'm certainly not sure on Jack from Royal Flush Gang which was my guess but I don't think it's Felix Faust. He's pretty obvious on the top row.

Definitely Phobia.
    That was actually my first guess. I doubted myself and I was making it a game to do it all from memory so I didn't check any images or do any internet searches or look at any comic books before answering. I wanted to see which I could get without help, the way trivia used to be before the internet made it sort of irrelevant.

The last two may be the Eye of Emerald Empress and Tyr.
    I also thought of Eye of the Emerald Empress but didn't know how to put her name off the top of my head. That was another one of my first guesses that I changed after the fact. And I only changed it because I have a blind spot when it comes to LoSH which is one of the only DC properties I mostly haven't read. I know them fairly well but only from their appearances in other books like Superman or JLA or World's Finest (I looooooove Composite Superman) or Brave and the Bold or DC Presents.

Starro was a Hail Mary because I couldn't think of Eye of the Emerald Empress. It's obviously NOT Starro because where's the rest of him but that raises the question, "Where is Starro? And the others I mentioned like Queen Bee and Dr. Destiny and Shaggy Man who were each regular JLA foes?"

I think you're right on Tyr.

I'm going to update my list with corrections for Brainstorm and also for the great corrections you included. I hope someone will try to help finish this off.

The one after Power Ring may be Felix Faust.
    I had Doctor Double-X in the wrong row (if it's even a correct guess). Now corrected so he's after Johnny Quick. Still think the one to the right of Power Ring is Jack but I could easily be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    That was pretty impressive. Definitely more than I could have identified.
    Thanks, pal.

Anyone curious the SIX covers referenced across the back behind the satellite, left to right:
    Very cool! Thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I'm going to update my list with corrections for Brainstorm and also for the great corrections you included. I hope someone will try to help finish this off.
    I'm still impressed that many were identified.

does this count?

Um, hell yes it does! I just rewatched the two episodes of this incredibly bad series ....
    LOL! Watched it way back. And also commented on the crazy image here - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post3518738

So does Batman ever aknowledge his daughter on the team?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-01-2018 at 02:14 PM.

I'm still impressed that many were identified.

LOL! Watched it way back. And also commented on the crazy image here

So does Batman ever aknowledge his daughter on the team?
    I have to be honest... I rewatched half of episode one then forced myself to watch all of episode two. I meant to go back and finish the first but I’d given it too much time already so I can’t answer your question definitively. In the 1.5 eps I watched though he does not acknowledge his daughter. So freaking random to have her there but it was thrilling to me when I was a child.

As Ross draws they gave Black Canary a large black mask and the logo on her chair (all of them had their usual logos except Huntress and BC) was not a black canary but was instead an image of the black mask she wore.

Though it was ridiculous to look at I’d say Hawkman had the most comic book accurate costume.

Extraordinary Member

Sometime around the time Zatanna joined, I seem to remember several polls that readers voted on in the letter column. One of the polls was which current member did not belong in the Justice League. If memory serves, Hawkgirl, Batman, and Aquaman were pretty high on the list. Not sure who 'won' that poll.

I thought the satellite era had the perfect lineup for the most part. I always wanted Supergirl to join but later preferred her with the Legion of Super Heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Sometime around the time Zatanna joined, I seem to remember several polls that readers voted on in the letter column. One of the polls was which current member did not belong in the Justice League. If memory serves, Hawkgirl, Batman, and Aquaman were pretty high on the list. Not sure who 'won' that poll.

I thought the satellite era had the perfect lineup for the most part. I always wanted Supergirl to join but later preferred her with the Legion of Super Heroes.
    i love the satellite era line up, almost as much as the super friends roster. (or is that the same team?).

Amazing Member

I think I can help fill in a few more of those villains from that great image on the previous page.

Third Row
    Mammoth?, Shimmer?, Eclipso, Professor Zoom, Solomon Grundy
    That's definitely Mammoth and Shimmer.

Fourth Row
    Ocean Master, ???, Validus, ???, Weapons Master, Darkseid, ???, ??? (this is tougher than I thought!)
    That's Psimon to the right of Validus. And next to him is the Lord of Time, not the Weapons Master. After Darkesid is Tharok (of the Fatal Five) and after him is either the Weather Wizard or the Trickster I think.

Fifth Row
    Killer Frost, ???, Red Tornado?, Dr. Double-X?, Johnny Quick?, Lex Luthor, Black Manta, Mirror Master, Deadshot, Hector Hammond
    After Killer Frost is Universo I think. And I think that's definitely Dr. Double X and Johnny Quick.

Sixth Row
    Deathstroke, Amazo, Ultra Man, Power Ring, Jack (Royal Flush Gang)?, ???, Prometheus
    That's 100% Jack of the Royal Flush Gang. Could the guy next to him be Per Degaton?

Seventh Row
    Brainstorm, Owlman, Brainiac, Joker, Two-Face, Captain Boomerang?
    Definitely Captain Boomerang next to Two-Face.

Eighth Row
    Psycho Pirate, Phobia, Dr. Light, Riddler, Queen (Royal Flush Gang)?, King (Royal Flush Gang), Sinestro, Catman, ??? (nobody can get some of these--there's too little there), Clayface, Despero
    Next to Riddler is Ten of the Royal Flush Gang, not Queen. And next to Despero is Plasmus, not Clayface.

Ninth Row
    ???, Dr. Polaris, Dr. Sivana, The Key, ???, ???, Kobra? (all three are so obscured they're quite tough)
    I think that's Ace of the Royal Flush Gang at the start. After the Key is Warp.

Tenth Row
    ???*, Brother Blood, Catwoman, Kanjar Ro, Star Sapphire
    I think that's T.O. Morrow at the start.

Eleventh Row
    Ultra-Humanite, Brainwave II?, Floronic Man, Ragdoll, Eye of the Emerald Empress, Tyr
    That's Brainwave I, not II, after the Ultra-Humanite.

... this image (with a few key edits of my own) now comes pretty close for me to an ideal ...; -

I like that they've combined both Satellite and Hall of Justice Super Friends elements.

As in this image, pretty much my ideal JL is a combination of Satellite era and Super Friends:
    i love the satellite era line up, almost as much as the super friends roster.
    Put the two together and it's pretty much my ideal League.
    (or is that the same team?).
    "Is that the same team?"
    To my eyes certainly was.
    What's great in the SuperFriends comic, they would enter into the Hall of Justice.
    Then from in there, teleport up the the JL Satellite.
    So yeah I always saw them as one team.
    Years later Johns and Meltzer run would incorporate the same Headquarters gimmick into their JL.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-18-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Justified Ancient of MuMu wonderlad's Avatar

the stark difference between classic Super Friends and classic JLA was the addition of Robin as a member.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderlad View Post
    the stark difference between classic Super Friends and classic JLA was the addition of Robin as a member.
    Although what's funny about that, is in the "classic" 1973 (love that theme song) opening, they specifically say:

"In the Great Hall of Justice, there are assembled the World's FOUR greatest Heroes"
    Then only show (sitting around the team-table) and name: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman (as the "four")

and then list "...those three Jr Super Friends Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog"

They count everyone (even the Dog) except Robin, pretty much an appendage of Batman, is not even listed as member. LOL!

In wasn't till the next 1977 season opening that they do name and show Batman & Robin together, although still pretty much as one.
    The next Challenge era, also seemed to count them as one, being classic 10 heroes vs. 13 villains.
    Unless he's counted in the odd 11?
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-20-2018 at 12:45 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Although what's funny about that, is in the "classic" 1973 (love that theme song) opening, they specifically say:

"In the Great Hall of Justice, there are assembled the World's FOUR greatest Heroes"
    Then only show (sitting around the team-table) and name: Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman (as the "four")

and then list "...those three Jr Super Friends Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog"

They count everyone (even the Dog) except Robin, pretty much an appendage of Batman, is not even listed as member. LOL!

In wasn't till the next 1977 season opening that they do name and show Batman & Robin together, although still pretty much as one.
    The next Challenge era, also seemed to count them as one, being classic 10 heroes vs. 13 villains.
    Unless he's counted in the odd 11?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o87EJkBQckE
    Yes, Robin was strictly a sidekick during the show's run, though still higher up the superhero chart than the mascots.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The show will forever make me see Batman with Robin as dual members of the JL.
    If in the comics Snapper Carr could tag along on missions, there was absolutely no reason Robin couldn't, just figured he was real busy with Teen Titans.

-----

My favorite is of course the '80 - '83 5th season whose opening forever branded in my mind that Vulcan, Apache, Samurai, and El Dorado also had to be legit members of the JL.

In the JL comics they just must have been off on a super secret deep-cover mission where it was imperative absolutely nobody talked about them or remembered them, ever . LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-21-2018 at 06:35 PM.