Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
If the classic Satellite era had continued... ? Instead of fully replaced like they did with the Detroit League and then again in the 90's League?
It's hard to imagine, but I'd have genuinely wanted to have seen them just continue adding members, as was the tradition.
And honestly focused on adding diversity from then forward.

You ask what 9 would you have added...?

9 seems like allot to me (so I highlighted 5), but continuing from the 80s in historical chronological order of their appearance
Some I would have liked to have seen join:

1. Black Lightning (he would have been the absolute first, reconsidered joining as he actually did in the 1978 syndicated comic strip)

2. Vixen (her addition to the team was great, just not as a replacement, as an addition. She should absolutely be a member)

3. Lady Shiva, looking for redemption (although as her name implies would have made her more South-Asian)

4. El Diablo (Rafael Sandoval), while Vibe was a horrible cliche addition, Rafael Sandoval was more quietly coming on the scene in the 80's (would have followed the old must have his own book qualifier) and made a great street-level hero added to the team, maybe slowly revealing he was becoming possesed with the power)

5. Kimiyo Hoshi as Vega, another great 80s addition character, although saddled with the name Dr. Light, I would have called her Vega (Orihime) in Japanese after the star which gave her powers)

6. Fury (Beatriz da Costa), yeah I would have kept her original name, and focused on her channeling a Gaia type mystical green energy (also would have made her lesbian)

7. Gypsy(-Moth) although the name is controversial, as a true Romani, I would have emphasized that aspect, had her own it, made her phasing/blending-in powers as the name implies, someone born of, and traveling across and between all dimensions and realities, never settling in one form.

8. Steel (no not the Heywood III version) going into the 90's John Henry Irons version, actually a great new addition, thematically and visually powerful.

9. The Hawks (who at the time were Thanagarian) , would have revisited them as reconnecting to their Egyptian descent. re-Discovering one incarnation back.

At this point we would have been well into the 90s, and the supposed "International" League, which had replaced the Global Guardians, yet was one of the least diverse teams.
I would have stolen OwlWoman Wenonah Littlebird from the Global Guardians, and had her join before many of the 90's era League. LOL!

Not sure my imagined 5-9. random additions would have served the JL any better LOL! Probably not. Although all have some historic precedence, and yes unapologeticly diverse (although these are all great characters first) . Again they would have been chronologically ongoing additions to the Satellite League, not replacing anyone.
And the last two were already members.
Nice additions!

I know 9 seems like a lot... but remember, we're covering 30+ years from Crisis to today, which is only three new members every 10 years (or one new member every three years or so).