Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

I just read couple of Perez issues in a collection about Crisis team-ups and I loveeeed it.
    I will try to hunt for Satellite era issues. I beg your pardon but which issues involved Satellite Era, where to start, where to finish?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    DC's trade collection of this era is pretty horrible. We should have volumes of Archives and Omnibuses and instead have like some different tpbs that capture only small pieces of the era and skip a bunch. I'm gonna have to custom bind it.
    At the very least, they could give us the amzing Steve Englehart run in one single huge volume. I'd be in Heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    Great pages, Which issues are they from?
    The previously mentioned amazing Justice League of America #200.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by madmodpoetgod View Post
    I just read couple of Perez issues in a collection about Crisis team-ups and I loveeeed it.
    I will try to hunt for Satellite era issues. I beg your pardon but which issues involved Satellite Era, where to start, where to finish?
    The satellite debuted in JLofA 78 (Feb. '70). The 'satellite' team disbanded in JLofA Annual 2 (1984) which takes place after JLofA 232 (Nov. '84).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Which is collected in DC Comics Classics Library: Justice League of America by George Perez Vol 2
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Firestorm is missing. Ross was not much of a fan of him joining, so he tends not including him when he draws that era (And, in pictures above, Hawkwoman was left out of #200, since she was missing at the time in Hawkman's adventures, which is my only pet peev with that awsome issue featuring the entire JLA- minus Hawkwoman, unfortunately). J'onn J'onnz was pretty much retired in New Mars during most of the satalite years, but after COIE, he was retroactively unretired, aand was part of the team uninterruptedly right from the beggining. Yes, It is a great line-up.

Peace
    It's also worth noting that Alex Ross doesn't appear to be a fan of Zatanna's two JLA costumes, either. He chooses to draw her in the stage magician outfit that, as far as I remember, she never wore in JLA.

I didn't like her original costume, but I loved her second one.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 02-11-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

One of my very first comics was JLofA #121 and I pretty much collected it all the way through Crisis. Such an awesome comic that really introduced me to the DCU.

To this day, JLofA #200 is still my single favorite issue of any comic, ever. Seriously, if I could only own one comic, it would be that issue.

I just want to say that I loved Zatanna's ponytail-peephole costume. The only look I've ever really liked for her.

Fantastic Member

I just checked the covers from the era. Oh my. Looking great. What about Gerry Conway's writing? I love his stories..

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    It's also worth noting that Alex Ross doesn't appear to be a fan of Zatanna's two JLA costumes, either. He chooses to draw her in the stage magician outfit that, as far as I remember, she never wore in JLA.

I didn't like her original costume, but I loved her second one.
    Me too. A lot of people don't get that its a stylized female magician outfit, with a cape.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Which is collected in DC Comics Classics Library: Justice League of America by George Perez Vol 2
    Nice to know.

Peace

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I have a few issues of the Satellite era but should pick up more. Classic roster.

Also I researched the Firestorm thing. He joins after Iris Allen dies, and either Dini or Ross made a note saying "Firestorm? No! He joins after Iris dies." Which means his conception of classic Satellite JLA must take place before that darker turn in Barry's life.

At the very least, they could give us the amzing Steve Englehart run in one single huge volume. I'd be in Heaven.

Peace
    It really is a crime these 70s and 80s issues are collected better. Marvel had really done will with collecting their old classic comics, and not just the black and white collections which I would never buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
    I have a few issues of the Satellite era but should pick up more. Classic roster.

Also I researched the Firestorm thing. He joins after Iris Allen dies, and either Dini or Ross made a note saying "Firestorm? No! He joins after Iris dies." Which means his conception of classic Satellite JLA must take place before that darker turn in Barry's life.
    And yet he includes Captain Marvel and Plastic Man (and sometimes characters like Metamorpho) in his "classic" roster.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    And yet he includes Captain Marvel and Plastic Man (and sometimes characters like Metamorpho) in his "classic" roster.
    True. I wonder what it is.

Astonishing Member

yeah, firestorm was sorely missing in alex ross' justice maxi series.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I think Ross just generally doesn't like Firestorm. It might be because he's just a little too "Marvel" for his conception of what the DCU is supposed to be like, seeing as he's essentially a Spider-Man type of character.