Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
He was definitely a weird idea, I remember his intro in Aquaman, but never followed him into Aquaman & The Others book. Did they explain the gold chains? How exactly he "gained powers from the deaths of his comrades"?
Did we ever see his actual face?
And did he ever just go by POW!
I don't think we saw his face ... internet shows that he returned to his family at some point, so we get to see him from behind, while they see his face ... I'm not aware of any explanation for the chains either, part of why he's such a horrible idea is that I'm pretty sure his "costume" is just based on what a real prisoner of war would have to endure ... hood covering your face, and the chains are because you're tied up, or in chains.

That's what I'm on about -- wtf with this concept?! You're somehow taking the image/idea of a captured and tortured soldier as the basis for a new superhero? No -- seriously, don't do that! I guess I can kind of see some of your basic thought -- one part Captain America super soldier kind of thing, one part Spider-Man tragic origin thing, one part Ghost Rider cool chains, and one part Wolverine gritty realism thing ... but, really, you can't just randomly throw stuff together! This is a really bad idea!

"Prisoner of War! Because real-world trauma should equal fictional heroes!"

No! Just, no! Really, really bad idea.