Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I actually didn't mind that character but he could probably be better used as a horror/supernatural character.
    Yeah, I suppose I could see POW being a not-horrible character, in a supernatural/horror context ... it's having him in the superhero genre that makes him seem just such a mis-fire, for me. I mean ... pretty sure part of his look there too is that he's wearing the dog-tags of all his fellow soldiers who died, around his neck. Not cool. It's not fricking jewelry; why are you wearing it??

But yeah, if he's in a darker, spookier context, it could work.
    Maybe it's 6:45
    Maybe I'm barely alive
    Maybe you've taken my s*** for the last time

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Not a character per se, but the entirety of Marville.
    Having a parody/humor comic is not a bad idea and has been done since the Golden Age. It just had some of the worst execution, ever. Bill Jemas wrote that book like a mean spirited twitter troll without any semblance of a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Having a parody/humor comic is not a bad idea and has been done since the Golden Age. It just had some of the worst execution, ever. Bill Jemas wrote that book like a mean spirited twitter troll without any semblance of a sense of humor.
    And it's not helped that he feels the need to explain the jokes in the introduction of each issue. As the Joker pointed out to Harley Quinn in Mad Love ... "If you have to explain a joke, there is no joke!"

But we're going off topic. We're referring to specific characters, and whether or not the characters themselves are bad ideas from the very start.

I'm sure someone's already mentioned Jar Jar Binks somewhere in this thread (I'd be surprised if they haven't).