Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I actually didn't mind that character but he could probably be better used as a horror/supernatural character.
    Yeah, I suppose I could see POW being a not-horrible character, in a supernatural/horror context ... it's having him in the superhero genre that makes him seem just such a mis-fire, for me. I mean ... pretty sure part of his look there too is that he's wearing the dog-tags of all his fellow soldiers who died, around his neck. Not cool. It's not fricking jewelry; why are you wearing it??

But yeah, if he's in a darker, spookier context, it could work.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    Not a character per se, but the entirety of Marville.
    Having a parody/humor comic is not a bad idea and has been done since the Golden Age. It just had some of the worst execution, ever. Bill Jemas wrote that book like a mean spirited twitter troll without any semblance of a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Having a parody/humor comic is not a bad idea and has been done since the Golden Age. It just had some of the worst execution, ever. Bill Jemas wrote that book like a mean spirited twitter troll without any semblance of a sense of humor.
    And it's not helped that he feels the need to explain the jokes in the introduction of each issue. As the Joker pointed out to Harley Quinn in Mad Love ... "If you have to explain a joke, there is no joke!"

But we're going off topic. We're referring to specific characters, and whether or not the characters themselves are bad ideas from the very start.

I'm sure someone's already mentioned Jar Jar Binks somewhere in this thread (I'd be surprised if they haven't).

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

LOL! Loved the Star Hoppers!

LOL! The whole Star Hoppers cast should return.
    Pretty much after Splinter they were actually the first official Expanded Universe tale. back then if you wanted to keep seeing more Star Wars that's all there was, ...It all began there.
    The first Lucas + Marvel (now both owned by Disney) story collaboration.
    This is 1977 where, and how both those creative universes first came together, and what they put forth. Pretty much another spin on Kurosawa in space LOL!:
    Disney should embrace that, and re-launch them into their own Movie and/or Animated series franchise.

LOL! The Starhoppers!
    Post Splinter, actually the first official expanded universe tail - And what the first collaboration between Lucas and Marvel (the house of ideas) wrought.
    Now ironically both owned by Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post

I'm sure someone's already mentioned Jar Jar Binks somewhere in this thread (I'd be surprised if they haven't).
    What's funny is Lucas suposedly hated the idea of Jaxxon cause he was to cartoony; yet two decades later brought out Jarjar
    Pretty much Jaxxon became Jarjar and Don-Wan Quihotay became Qui-Gon Jinn.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-04-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Boisterously Confused

Bit surprised the thread got this far without bringing up Bwana Beast...

Image.jpg

... even before we got uncomfortable about colonialism, he had a dumb power set.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Nothing whatsoever wrong with his powerset-- animal control, enhanced physical abilities, and metamorphing animals. Very cool!

"B'wana" meaning "master" might have a slight issue, but hey... we have Beastmaster (movies/tv)!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Nothing whatsoever wrong with his powerset-- animal control, enhanced physical abilities, and metamorphing animals. Very cool!

"B'wana" meaning "master" might have a slight issue, but hey... we have Beastmaster (movies/tv)!
    We have differing tastes. Such is the spice of life.