Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Default Are there bad characters in fiction as in they were bad ideas?

It's most common in comic books but it can also be movies, tv shows, books and other forms of fiction.

When I say bad characters as in characters that are bad ideas and no writer no matter how great the writer is can't make them a good idea.
    It doesn't mean they can't be made a successful character but if one has to change 60 percent of a character or most of it that they are barely recognizable then it's basically admitting they are a failure that needed a makeover much like the bars in the tv show bar rescue need a makeover along with changes.

Paste pot Pete
    He must have been high, drunk, Delusional or all three to believe this wasn't a garbage or putrid name and used it. There is further undeniable evidence it was putrid whenever spider man reminds him he once used this putrid name which pisses him off.
    Also spider man laughed when he first introduced himself.

The answer is "Deathcry".
    "It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Rick Jones.

I started out by reading Marvel Masterwork hardcovers back in the early 90's, and that little punk was EVERYWHERE. Never saw the point of him.

It's hard to believe that anyone ever thought Scrappy Doo was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    I still have a soft spot for Scrappy, even though everyone else despises him.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Malcolm Janus, from the TV version of The Dead Zone. Never before had I seen a secondary character completely ruin an entire series.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    I liked Scrappy in the Boo Brothers movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Honestly, I think Scrappy is just one of those characters who is hated because it's popular to hate him. In fact, from what I hear he actually saved the show from cancellation. I think that Scrappy kind of put a really bright spotlight on how dumb it was that the gang kept running away from monsters that were revealed to be losers in costumes.

Really come on this I strongly disagree with.
    He was meant to be the antithesis of scooby doo.

While scooby doo is a big dog he's still afraid and Is known for running for danger. Its basically like he's the dog version of the cowardly lion.
    Scrappy is small in size but is brave, and often he needs to be carried away from danger. He's the dog version of Mighty Mouse.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Aww... there's never enough Puppy Power! I truly do not understand what people's problem is with him.

I look at Nekra and Mandrill and for the life of me, I cannot see how no one saw the blatantly horrific racism involved.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Can't get a much worse idea than Lightning Comics' Bloodfire, a character who gains superpowers by contracting HIV.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Aww... there's never enough Puppy Power! I truly do not understand what people's problem is with him.

I look at Nekra and Mandrill and for the life of me, I cannot see how no one saw the blatantly horrific racism involved.
    Maybe the hate comes from they remind people that scooby doo wasn't a good movie and scrappy as the villain was a failure. They could have had a better villain but that's not the only reason why scooby doo was a bad movie which included daphne becoming another Buffy.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post

Let's not forget that tall genie hat was created after 9/11. I'll have to look up what his name is and from what I recall reading he hasn't been used a lot.

Turner d century
    He has no damn super powers, disturbed the degeneration of manners and social customs was his motive to return them to what they were in his day.
    No damn super powers, used a horn that was suppose to kill anyone under 65 but it failed much like he sucks as a super villain. This guy is a chump and would require no super hero to defeat him.

I actually think "Scooby Dum" was a worse idea than "Scrappy Doo." Some critic pointed out that the former was unnecessary duplication, since Scooby himself wasn't exactly Mister Peabody to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Rusty from Major Crimes on TNT. The Closer was an entertaining police procedural, so I had big hopes for Major Crimes. What genius thought that the only thing missing from the show was a whining teenage asshat who hangs around the police station being a whining teenage asshat?
    As bad as the final three episodes of Major Crimes have been, I wouldn't put it past them to have this turd be the one who kills Stroh.

And C3PO has the advantage of not being an embarrassing racial stereotype disguised as an alien.
    C3PO is a homosexual stereotype disguised as a robot.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    You know what's kind of a stupid name when you think about it? Superman. Least original name/concept ever. Or how about Ghost Rider? Never seen him riding a ghost. That'd be something. Instead it's always with the motorcycles and leather with him/her. Is he supposed to be a ghost? I thought he was a demon. Terrible name.
    I always assumed that Ghost Rider was a ghost that rode a motorcycle. A ghost motorcycle rider.

Surprised no one mentioned The Great Gazoo from The Flintstones cartoons.