Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Question Your Hopes and News From New York Comic-Con 2014?!

As Most to All Comic Fans Know New York Comic-Con 2014 is Coming-Up This Weekend!

As always with the Mega-Conventions you have the Industries we all follow and enjoy make their most Important Announcements that they have for the upcoming months and with NYCC14, what will be coming in 2015!

So with that, what are some of your Hopes and/or News YOU like to hear come of of NYCC14, Mainly Marvel Focused?!?!

Comics, TV, Characters, Movie News, Video Games, Toys, Events, etc.

What are YOUR Hopes to Hear out of NYCC14 This Year from Marvel?!?!?!

1. Potential announcement of who might be taking over Avengers once Hickman is up.

2. Confirmation if Hickman's story ends with a big event or just contained within Avengers/New Avengers.

3. Thunderbolts proper done by Spencer and Lieber.

4. Doom mini series!

5. Ultimate X-Men title.

Ant Man and Dr Strange ongoing books.

Anya Corazon ongoing.

Silver Sable returns
    Black Widow MAX series/Marvel Knights Black Widow/Black Widow OGN/Untold Tales of Black Widow
    New ongoings or minis by Roland Boschi, Tim Sale and David Aja
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Nova Corps book
    Rich Rider Back
    Sam Alexander to limbo

A Scarlet Witch ongoing series.
    Avengers Age of Ultron new spoilers and footage

1. A new Scarlet Spider book. Or even better: Scarlet Spider and Hummingbird - Rise of Mictlan and the Sixth Sun edition (if you have an excellent female protagonist, why don't put her in the title and covers?)

Essentially, a duo book with our female and male protagonists investigating the Aztec-mythology-ridden mystery behind her - the one that arose in the pages of Kaine's solo where the two met and that has been eating the heads of more than one person since it began. And that its author, Christopher Yost, is more than eager to tackle. With cameos by Spider-man (Kaine's brother), Sun Girl, Speedball and other New Warriors, Dr. Strange, Thor and Odin and... I don't know: Ms. Marvel maybe?

2. A science fiction team like Guardians of the Galaxy but with more existential horror and terrifying mysteries in the dark cosmos.

3. A new team of Exiles or multiverse-travellers (I love stories of people visiting or discovering alternate universes and distant planets).
    Last edited by MarioHerald; 10-07-2014 at 05:11 PM.

What I expect to see

1. The Cosmic Crossover event based from Guardians of the galaxy, Captain Marvel, Cyclops, and I believe a few other series.

2. All-new Wolverine

3. Possibly some more post-Axis series

4. More about Times Runs Out
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Announcements of movies with female and minority leads. Captain Marvel and Black Panther would be my preferences.

A second ongoing for Kelly Sue DeConnick. Even better, KSD becoming exclusive, and taking part in future writer's summits.

Jen Van Meter being assigned to an ongoing title. Also, Felipe Smith being assigned another ongoing, once All-New Ghost Rider ends.

A new volume of Young Avengers (Jen Van Meter as my first choice for writer).

A new volume of New X-Men, with the students that have been ignored for so long.

These are all things I want to see. I don't actually expect any of them to happen.
    Last edited by Tiamatty; 10-07-2014 at 07:40 PM.

1. Announcements on Hickman's run, in terms of whether or not it will be a big event or just contained.
    1a. What Hickman is working on next for Marvel (I think he might be done or on a single book for awhile), I know from interviews that 2013 was a rough year for him due to the workload.
    1./1a. SECRET WARS
    2. Black Panther ongoing
    3. Marvel Studios announcing their slate, hopefully with Black Panther and Captain Marvel films in the near future
    4. Anything involving Al Ewing or Kelly Sue DeConnick
    Last edited by robreedwrites; 10-10-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Anything regarding the future plans for Kamala Khan now that she's finishing up her first year to rousing success.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Spectacular Member

Strange and Ant-Man ongoings announced. This seems incredibly likely too.

Black Panther ongoing. Probably too soon. I'd expect one soon after Hickman's stuff ends.

More details on Time Runs Out. Maybe an announcement of who's taking over after Hickman.

Astonishing Avengers revealed.

Whatever Nick Spencer is up to. Foes is over, and he's taking on Barberie as a co-writer for Avengers World (this happened with Kot and SA too. I wonder if Spencer is about to leave AW).

I think Soule said he had two announcements for this Con. I'm betting on more Wolvy stuff, or he's taking over [New] Avengers.

More fringe announcements like Squirrel Girl.

Lemire may have hinted he's doing something for Marvel in his reddit ama today. I'd like that.

Any hint of what is next for the FF. I believe the title will be relaunched, but it may be too early to announce.

BANNED

-A Doctor Strange Ongoing
    -A Black Panther Ongoing
    -A Supernatural team book.
    -A Future Foundation relaunch, basically being the world's smartest people helping the world, explorin the multiverse. Black Science but in the Marvel U.
    -A Journey into Mystery relaunch.
    -A Superior Spider-Man relaunch.
    -A Thunderbolts relaunch.

Anything involving Avengers Undercover kids.