Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Deathstroke vs Poison Ivy

Two of my favorite villains squaring off against each other, who would win and why?

Round 1: Random encounter in Gotham city, Slade has standard gear + his staff. In character

Round 2: Slade is given a contract to take out Ivy. He is given as long as it takes to prepare. Ivy knows he's coming and prepares for him.

Deathstroke_the_Terminator_Vol_1_24.jpg

469096-1.jpg

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Poison Ivy has a heavy amount of protection with her "babies" always looking out for her... He has no way to hide with every plant whispering to her where he is... and her spores are extremely powerful. I say PI handles this hands down as long as they are in far range... the closer he is, the worse it is for her.
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

In a random match, Deathstroke is more than fast enough to put a bullet through her head before she does anything else.

Round 2, Ivy (Post Crisis at least) has some really good control over plants. In Gotham Sirens, she uses plants to find where Zatanna is staying, then sends one to attack her while she is in the shower to send a message.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    In a random match, Deathstroke is more than fast enough to put a bullet through her head before she does anything else.

Round 2, Ivy (Post Crisis at least) has some really good control over plants. In Gotham Sirens, she uses plants to find where Zatanna is staying, then sends one to attack her while she is in the shower to send a message.
    Sexy Plant and the Magic Shower Time?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackid View Post
    Poison Ivy has a heavy amount of protection with her "babies" always looking out for her... He has no way to hide with every plant whispering to her where he is... and her spores are extremely powerful. I say PI handles this hands down as long as they are in far range... the closer he is, the worse it is for her.
    I don't believe Ivy's spores would effect Slade thanks to his healing factor; from the DC wiki "Deathstroke's regenerative abilities have some affect on his body's ability to process through harmful, foreign substances and he has become naturally immune to deadly poisons and illnesses."

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke the Terminator View Post
    I don't believe Ivy's spores would effect Slade thanks to his healing factor; from the DC wiki "Deathstroke's regenerative abilities have some affect on his body's ability to process through harmful, foreign substances and he has become naturally immune to deadly poisons and illnesses."
    We need feats not just wiki statements, as they don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Pretty much. Statements from the wiki are not actual evidence in Rumbles.

You need actual feats from the comic books of Deathstroke showing some immunity to poison.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    OK, here are some scans from City of Assassins (I cant post the images themselves because they're too large, but I can post links to them, sorry for the inconvenience)
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08_page003.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08_page004.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08_page005.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08_page006.jpg
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...08_page007.jpg

So here's the context to those scans; Slade had just defeated Batman in a straight up fight and was really beat up. Then he got his butt kicked by a mob hitman and was captured. He's injected with an insane amount of truth serum and he still resists it despite being severely damaged from his fights earlier, and he still beats up all the guys restraining him. Now imagine his resistance when his body is operating at full capacity, Ivy's spores and toxins probably wouldn't effect him very much, and he could probably resist the effects if they did.
    Last edited by Deathstroke the Terminator; 05-08-2014 at 06:04 PM.

It says, in those scans, that he's reacting to the serum. Evident by his freaking the hell put and babbling about Wintergreen.

So ... Not exactly helping your case.

The Recipe for Disaster Blackid's Avatar

Exactly... of course he's strong and truth serum is used to make a person just be in a dream state to tell the truth.. therefore people hallucinate and with Slade, he's having flashbacks... that's not resistance. it's a wild reaction that many folk have... and again Poison ivys stuff is long and drawn out.... she could have the spores pump out till he just falls asleep....
    The Recipe for Disaster asks for Blasphemy, but as for me, ask for me, I give it gravity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It says, in those scans, that he's reacting to the serum. Evident by his freaking the hell put and babbling about Wintergreen.

So ... Not exactly helping your case.
    You're right, he does react to the serum, but only because he was injected with an absurd amount of it. He still doesn't succumb to the intend effect though and manages to keep fighting... even if he doesn't keep his composure. My point is that if he were poisoned he wouldn't succumb instantly and could still keep fighting. In those scans he was also restrained after being heavily damaged. Had he been 100% he would of never been kept down and could of probably resisted the effects of the serum altogether. Also unless Slade is being an old pervert and is checking out Ivy and she poisons him while he's mystified by her I don't even see him getting poisoned.

lol, I originally wanted to stay neutral for this fight but I guess I'm backing Slade at this point.

I just remembered something and I feel so stupid for not mentioning it earlier, Slade's armor is made of Volatile Promethium. His body is constantly being poisoned and he isn't killed by it because of his healing factor. Is that proof enough?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

You're right, he does react to the serum, but only because he was injected with an absurd amount of it. He still doesn't succumb to the intend effect though and manages to keep fighting... even if he doesn't keep his composure. My point is that if he were poisoned he wouldn't succumb instantly and could still keep fighting. In those scans he was also restrained after being heavily damaged. Had he been 100% he would of never been kept down and could of probably resisted the effects of the serum altogether. Also unless Slade is being an old pervert and is checking out Ivy and she poisons him while he's mystified by her I don't even see him getting poisoned.

lol, I originally wanted to stay neutral for this fight but I guess I'm backing Slade at this point.
    there is a difference between being resistant to truth serum, which i'm not saying that he is, and being immune to poison. two totally different substances that do two totally different things.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    there is a difference between being resistant to truth serum, which i'm not saying that he is, and being immune to poison. two totally different substances that do two totally different things.
    Sorry for the ultra late reply, but I made that comparison to show that Deathstroke is resistant to foreign substances entering his body as evident in the first scan where they say he resists the effects even after being heavily injured.

Now to talk about his actual poison immunity. His armor is made of volatile promethium, it is constantly poisoning him but it doesn't kill him because of his healing factor. I think that should be proof enough to show his immunity to Ivy's toxins and poisons.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Sorry for the ultra late reply, but I made that comparison to show that Deathstroke is resistant to foreign substances entering his body as evident in the first scan where they say he resists the effects even after being heavily injured.

Now to talk about his actual poison immunity. His armor is made of volatile promethium, it is constantly poisoning him but it doesn't kill him because of his healing factor. I think that should be proof enough to show his immunity to Ivy's toxins and poisons.
    if he was resisting the effects, he wouldnt have been tripping balls the way he was.

also, where does it say that his armor is poisoning him? also, just how poisoning is the stuff?