Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

My fave issues would have to be #1-4, 16, 17, 24 and Annual #2

Fave covers:
    JLI/A #1, 4, 8, 16, 24, 27, 31, 34, and 37 (with an honorable mention to #61)
    JLE #23

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Genius View Post
    Maguire was and still is great. But my love for the book went into overdrive when Adam Hughes came on. That Despero stuff was so damn incredible to me.
    Despero was such a bad ass but the justice league at the time was weak. It was one of the few leftover story from the detroit era and it was also one of the few times that the story got serious during that era.

BANNED

Incredible Member

Batman and Guy Gardner.... nuff said!

BANNED

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    I would love to see DC bring back the Lords of Order/Lords of Chaos concept in the Nu52. It always had so much untapped potential.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm in the middle of a full reread of JL/JLI/JLA/JLE and it's amazing how well this stuff holds up. Sure, some of the jokes are kinda lame but they're just as often pretty funny and the stories, characterization and art was mostly uniformly excellent. It's just killer superhero comics all round.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I love the Bwa-ha-ha league, they take some flack for being fun, but considering how dark things have gotten, its nice to read something fun.

Maybe one of you, more experienced guys, could enlighten me.

How come Wonder Woman joined the JLE but only made an appearance in the firts issue and then she was gone. I´m actually reading the whole JLE run (i just finished The Extremists arc) and not a single word about what happened to her. It was due to editorial reasons? No one bothered to give some kind of explanation in the actual comicbook?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    Maybe one of you, more experienced guys, could enlighten me.

How come Wonder Woman joined the JLE but only made an appearance in the firts issue and then she was gone. I´m actually reading the whole JLE run (i just finished The Extremists arc) and not a single word about what happened to her. It was due to editorial reasons? No one bothered to give some kind of explanation in the actual comicbook?
    Because, between the time Giffen & DeMatteis were given the green light to use her and the time JLE launched, the "powers that be" disallowed her use.
    If you look for the original solicits for JLE #3, you'll see Wonder Woman on the cover. But on the actual printed cover they replaced her with Catherine Cobert.

Thanks for the quick answer. I will check that small detail. Kinda of sloppy not to come up with some type of explanation in the fictional world.

Anyway, I agree with all of you. I love Giffen and DeMatteis run, I find it very light (in the good way), yet some arcs are pretty dark if you think about them. They are managed in a way that the gritty background of what is happening doesn´t diminish the optimistic feel of the book.

I liked the Extremists arc a lot, although I wasn´t completely satisfied with its conclusion and they being some sort of robots from an amusement park.

And the issue about burglar Jean Jean de Jean, and the yellow cat was pure gold.
    Last edited by Charlus; 05-17-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    I LOVED the mean, green, moron machine.

Peace

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlus View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer. I will check that small detail. Kinda of sloppy not to come up with some type of explanation in the fictional world.
    They never did explained why Wonder woman left but i think Catherine (i think it was) did remarked that it was rude of Wonder woman to just leave without informing them.
    Last edited by marshal99; 05-18-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Also, I think halfway through their run, Giffen & DeMatteis just gave up on trying to include established heroes in their comic. (I can see them tossing their hands up.)
    This may have been due to Wonder Woman, Huntress or both.

That's why JLE only got Crimson Fox, Bluejay and Silver Sorceress as new members. No toes to step on.
    After Huntress, JLI did get Dr. Fate back. But just briefly (Hands tossing up). The only new member after that, IIRC, was General Glory.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Also, I think halfway through their run, Giffen & DeMatteis just gave up on trying to include established heroes in their comic. (I can see them tossing their hands up.)
    This may have been due to Wonder Woman, Huntress or both.

That's why JLE only got Crimson Fox, Bluejay and Silver Sorceress as new members. No toes to step on.
    After Huntress, JLI did get Dr. Fate back. But just briefly (Hands tossing up). The only new member after that, IIRC, was General Glory.
    Yeah, it was just after Crisis, and a lot of the writers/editors wanted time to re-establish their characters before putting them in the Justice League. I think Giffen remarked he thought Denny O'Neil felt sorry for them because everyone else turned them down, so he left them use Batman.

Eventually, many of the big guns actually did make it in their way to the League, but they mostly played the role of supporting cast.