Page 697 of 827 FirstFirst ... 197597647687693694695696697698699700701707747797 ... LastLast
Results 10,441 to 10,455 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Cool Nora flashback. She wasn't so annoying.
    Yeah, she was a lot more sympathetic, and yeesh, her parents are both such dicks.

Iris in the future, for hiding her powers well into adulthood, and Barry in the present for 'grounding' her.

I love'd Thawn's return to form tonight.

Well Barry....you just proved that Thawne is indeed smarter than you. By rejecting your daughter,you've pretty much guaranteed Thawne is the only one she'll feel she can trust.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knightsilver View Post
    Well Barry....you just proved that Thawne is indeed smarter than you. By rejecting your daughter,you've pretty much guaranteed Thawne is the only one she'll feel she can trust.
    Seriously.

And hell, on a practical level, who else could Nora turn to for help with her powers?

Grade A parenting there Barry, no way any of this comes back to bite you in the ass. Also I don't know if this has been brought up but Barry had a chance to take Thawne out during the whole Earth-X incident.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Seriously.

And hell, on a practical level, who else could Nora turn to for help with her powers?
    uh, her Dad? she had the option. Another dagger for Barry, AFTER she knew what Thawne did, she STILL went back to him.

I woulda said eff her too.

For NY area viewers, looks like last night's ep is available on the CW website.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

First episode this season that I've found Nora even remotely tolerable. Like someone else said, she is more sympathetic now. Unfortunately though she is still likely to be written and acted poorly. About the only good thing I can find about Nora is that she makes Iris far less annoying by comparison.

Does anyone else find it amusing though that Sarah Parker Kennedy (Nora) is actually six years older than Grant Gustin (Flash)? She might be a horrible actress but to be 35 and still look like a teen is some really great genes.

Astonishing Member

Seriously.

It's almost as if Barry's entire generation vanished. No surviving Team Flash members, no Team Arrow members (in Nora's future). No JLA-ish teams where people like Nora might find a heroic guide to their powers.

I swear between Nora's future and Mia's I don't know which makes these current heroes seem more irrelevant.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    It's almost as if Barry's entire generation vanished. No surviving Team Flash members, no Team Arrow members (in Nora's future). No JLA-ish teams where people like Nora might find a heroic guide to their powers.

I swear between Nora's future and Mia's I don't know which makes these current heroes seem more irrelevant.
    Is Zara's future that outlaws religion still around? That might top it.

I swear to God, it's like the CW shows want add together the worst angst of Nu52, and Days of Future Past

Astonishing Member

Is Zara's future that outlaws religion still around? That might top it.

I swear to God, it's like the CW shows want add together the worst angst of Nu52, and Days of Future Past
    Yes but Zara's future was a general one. "We" all screw up to let that one happen. I'm looking at it as more of a "I died 20 years ago and this is all that is left of my legacy" thing. Barry dies in Crisis and everything connected to him is gone. Whatever happens to Oliie occurs and Star City not only goes to seed, but Dinah seems to be the only thing that survives of Oliver's contributions

Ultimate Member

Yes but Zara's future was a general one. "We" all screw up to let that one happen. I'm looking at it as more of a "I died 20 years ago and this is all that is left of my legacy" thing. Barry dies in Crisis and everything connected to him is gone. Whatever happens to Oliie occurs and Star City not only goes to seed, but Dinah seems to be the only thing that survives of Oliver's contributions
    I think Barry's future ain't that bad. The cops aren't overwhelmed by metas, the Flash museum exists and Flash is still regarded as a hero. Granted, their treatment of condemned prisoners leaves a lot to be desired...

I read an interview earlier where I think it was The Flash's show runner was saying that they were ignoring what Arrow was doing in the future to tell their own story. And I think therein lies the problem. Judging from that message Nora saw from Barry in the Time Vault, they are still saying that Barry vanished in the Crisis, and with his loss Team Flash disbanded. But on Arrow's side, it's become clear that something happened to Oliver, probably before Mia was born, and that the loss of Oliver caused the team to drift apart and loose their way.

I think at the end of the day, while it's an interesting idea to see the future- the way they are doing it makes it feel like they are invalidating 7 years of Arrow and 5 years of The Flash. The heroes we have watched from the start ultimately fail in their missions, and nothing they did matters.

Well, for Oliver. At least Barry got a museum.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think at the end of the day, while it's an interesting idea to see the future- the way they are doing it makes it feel like they are invalidating 7 years of Arrow and 5 years of The Flash. The heroes we have watched from the start ultimately fail in their missions, and nothing they did matters.

Well, for Oliver. At least Barry got a museum.
    Hmm, you're right. Anyone want to set up a GoFundMe for a Green Arrow Museum?
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

A good ep. Nobody acted stupidly, except Barry being a dick to Nora. Was Thawne actually trying to redeem himself with helping Nora before whatever happens when that clock winds day. He seems to be saying he will die then.
    Barry was wrong, and pretty much everyone saw he was acting out of anger. Iris was wrong to not tell Nora who she was when she was an adult. As a child I understand, but she had no right to decide for adult Nora.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!