Page 709 of 721 FirstFirst ... 209609659699705706707708709710711712713719 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,635 of 10811

Thread: The FLASH

  1. #10621
    Mighty Member LifeIsILL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    They played the old "the baddie is one step ahead of the hero" card so many times that season it just got moronic. Even when it made zero sense that the Thinker could in any way predict what was going to happen by the magic of shit writing he was able too.
    And I just don't understand why Cisco and Caitlin are STILL on the show?? They serve no purpose anymore. They have already helped Barry become all he can be so what is the point.

    And The Thinker, I love the actor, but everything about him was pointless. There was such potential too but they squandered it away with stupid body-switching crap.

  2. #10622
    The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    6,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    And I just don't understand why Cisco and Caitlin are STILL on the show?? They serve no purpose anymore. They have already helped Barry become all he can be so what is the point.
    The characters are popular and have many fans.

    Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

    First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

    First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

  3. #10623
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,959

    Default

    As for Cisco, yeah, I really don't get why he went through all that "I just want to be normal!" shtick last season, only to stick around without powers now.

  4. #10624
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As for Cisco, yeah, I really don't get why he went through all that "I just want to be normal!" shtick last season, only to stick around without powers now.
    I suppose since he had powers, he felt obligated to go out into the field. But now that he's human again, he can stay back in the lab where it is less dangerous, and not have to worry about his powers possible affecting his girlfriend in some way.

  5. #10625
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,959

    Default

    I guess the out-of-universe explanation is simply budget cuts and getting rid of Deus Ex Machina ^^

    Anyways, decent premier episode. Ramsey seems like an itneresting enough villain and Chester was pretty funny, hope he sticks around.

  6. #10626
    Fantastic Member Alphaxman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Okay I haven't seen the Flash in a couple seasons but I decided to watch. And within the 1st 3 minutes I rediscovered why I stopped looking at this mess.

    So apparently this Godspeed is sending out decoys to just run around the city. Barry catches him and once he and Cisco realize it's a fake they simply toss him in a prison... without due process, bypassing the legal system, where his dad is the captain of the police who has a DA wife.

    This "Godspeed" didn't do anything illegal, yet Barry did a 180 on some building, shattering all the windows in his wake. So to me Barry is the criminal. While he's talking to his apathetic genius friend on the comm some person could have fell out the exposed window. And will barry repair the damage he'd done? Just too much to look past simply to further the plot.

    And what's the point of secret identity when at least 30 people know who you are?
    Last edited by Alphaxman; 10-09-2019 at 03:05 PM.

  7. #10627
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Okay I haven't seen the Flash in a couple seasons but I decided to watch. And within the 1st 3 minutes I rediscovered why I stopped looking at this mess.

    So apparently this Godspeed is sending out decoys to just run around the city. Barry catches him and once he and Cisco realize it's a fake they simply toss him in a prison... without due process, bypassing the legal system, where his dad is the captain of the police who has a DA wife.

    This "Godspeed" didn't do anything illegal, yet Barry did a 180 on some building, shattering all the windows in his wake. So to me Barry is the criminal. While he's talking to his apathetic genius friend on the comm some person could have fell out the exposed window. And will barry repair the damage he'd done? Just too much to look past simply to further the plot.

    And what's the point of secret identity when at least 30 people know who you are?
    To be fair, we don't know that the Godspeeds haven't done anything wrong. Maybe they are committing crimes while baiting the Flash.

    MY problem with Godspeed was how bad his digital double looked. Again, the effects to a dive off of a cliff.

  8. #10628
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    And what's the point of secret identity when at least 30 people know who you are?
    Greg Berlanti has said he isn't a fan of secret identities. Something to the effect it is dumb that characters close to the hero don't know who he is.

  9. #10629
    Extraordinary Member Kirby101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    9,478

    Default

    Chester Runk is Chunk from the comics, so he will stick around.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

  10. #10630
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Chester Runk is Chunk from the comics, so he will stick around.
    He seems like he is going to be the new Cisco character. No one has announced it, but is Carlos Valdes leaving the show? Without powers Cisco doesn't seem to have much purpose, especially if they are bringing
    a new tech guy onboard.

  11. #10631
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    872

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
    as for cisco, yeah, i really don't get why he went through all that "i just want to be normal!" shtick last season, only to stick around without powers now.
    All. Of. This. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I suppose since he had powers, he felt obligated to go out into the field. But now that he's human again, he can stay back in the lab where it is less dangerous, and not have to worry about his powers possible affecting his girlfriend in some way.
    obligated....how many times did he really really need to be out there?

  12. #10632
    The Nature Boy AnakinFlair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Saint Ann, MO
    Posts
    1,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    All. Of. This. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



    obligated....how many times did he really really need to be out there?
    Well, he didn't NEED to be out there. But his powerset made him uniquely qualified TO be out there.

  13. #10633
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    And I just don't understand why Cisco and Caitlin are STILL on the show?? They serve no purpose anymore. They have already helped Barry become all he can be so what is the point.

    And The Thinker, I love the actor, but everything about him was pointless. There was such potential too but they squandered it away with stupid body-switching crap.
    Cisco is the primary tech guy. His primary super power has usually been his brain, not his vibing. Caitlin's no slouch, but she's no Cisco.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

  14. #10634
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Chester Runk is Chunk from the comics, so he will stick around.
    I was kind of sad they didn't go with a heavy guy to play Chunk and instead went with the usual CW perfect body type.

  15. #10635
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,959

    Default


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •