Page 772 of 779 FirstFirst ... 272672722762768769770771772773774775776 ... LastLast
Results 11,566 to 11,580 of 11671

Thread: The FLASH

  1. #11566
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,389

    Default

    The show had every... single... chance to actually get Cisco in his comics-accurate costume in this episode. Why have Barry do the break dancing?? I really thought they were going that way with the happiness madness and the rack of clothes and then the actual breakdancing?! Why just give a nod to the original Vibe and not just go "full-Vibe" for his last episode?

  2. #11567
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Anyone know how many episodes there are this season? We just had episode 12 with Cisco's departure.
    IMDB has up through episode 18 listed. Batwoman has 18eps as well for its S2. Perhaps 18?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  3. #11568
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The show had every... single... chance to actually get Cisco in his comics-accurate costume in this episode. Why have Barry do the break dancing?? I really thought they were going that way with the happiness madness and the rack of clothes and then the actual breakdancing?! Why just give a nod to the original Vibe and not just go "full-Vibe" for his last episode?
    Well, we got his New 52 suit, but "happy" Cisco would've been a great time to bring in his classic look .

  4. #11569
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,427

    Default

    All is good, as long as I never have to hear "Mecha-Vibe" again.

  5. #11570
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    All is good, as long as I never have to hear "Mecha-Vibe" again.
    Hearing Flash say "Mecha-Vibe" out loud in the field was too much.

    I'm kind of bummed he's still powerless but they can't know the Multiverse is back yet.

  6. #11571
    Mighty Member 90'sCartoonMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    I didn't love the villain and her motivation, but I really enjoyed this episode. Cisco was my favorite supporting character, and his send-off was heartwarming in so many ways. Surprised to see him off to Star City of all places, and Barry being the fastest man alive, it's not like he can't visit him (Cisco had a girlfriend who lived on another Earth, after all). It was still sad knowing this was their last case. I thought Chester ended up as the MVP with the clever way he ended up snapping Cisco and Barry out of their goofiness.

    Hm, given we're getting another time traveling future descendant and they teased Kamilla being pregnant...I wonder...

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Chesco was short-lived, but nice, and Cisco finally officially passes the baton and lab to Chester
    We kind of needed Chesco to be a thing so Chester wouldn't feel like a cheap Cisco replacement. He's technically a replacement for Ralph and those characters are distinctive enough, but if he was brought on right after Cisco left, it would be hard to accept him.

    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The show had every... single... chance to actually get Cisco in his comics-accurate costume in this episode. Why have Barry do the break dancing?? I really thought they were going that way with the happiness madness and the rack of clothes and then the actual breakdancing?! Why just give a nod to the original Vibe and not just go "full-Vibe" for his last episode?
    I wonder if they had Cisco break dancing in the original script and Carlos either wouldn't or couldn't do it so they just gave that bit to Barry.

  7. #11572
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I wonder if they had Cisco break dancing in the original script and Carlos either wouldn't or couldn't do it so they just gave that bit to Barry.
    Most likely that's what happened.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  8. #11573
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I didn't love the villain and her motivation, but I really enjoyed this episode. Cisco was my favorite supporting character, and his send-off was heartwarming in so many ways. Surprised to see him off to Star City of all places, and Barry being the fastest man alive, it's not like he can't visit him (Cisco had a girlfriend who lived on another Earth, after all). It was still sad knowing this was their last case. I thought Chester ended up as the MVP with the clever way he ended up snapping Cisco and Barry out of their goofiness.
    I thought she was more likeable (and easier on the eyes) than the last Rainbow Raider, and it was kind of refreshing to see a Meta with a relatively harmless crime spree and actually trying to use her powers for good, albeit in a misguided way.

    Who wouldn't want to move to Star City? All the crime is in Gotham now .
    Hm, given we're getting another time traveling future descendant and they teased Kamilla being pregnant...I wonder...
    I wonder if they'll tease more future descendants of Team Flash.
    We kind of needed Chesco to be a thing so Chester wouldn't feel like a cheap Cisco replacement. He's technically a replacement for Ralph and those characters are distinctive enough, but if he was brought on right after Cisco left, it would be hard to accept him.
    I feel like Allegra is more a Ralph replacement since she's got powers, has a shady past, and goes out in the field, but I guess now she's also Vibe's replacement.
    I wonder if they had Cisco break dancing in the original script and Carlos either wouldn't or couldn't do it so they just gave that bit to Barry.
    What if Barry and Cisco had a dance off?

  9. #11574
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What if Barry and Cisco had a dance off?
    I see what you did there. Haha!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  10. #11575
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,692

    Default

    Chester accidentally interrupting Iris and Barry's "private" moment was hilarious.

  11. #11576
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    68,896

    Default

    Who would have expected a character only relevant from the Trial of the Flash in the comics re-imagined as a woman and made into a major main character would turn out to be Psycho-Pirate 2? Could anyone have seen Cecile's character trajectory coming?

    So Cecile and Joe's kid is now living with Cecile's aunt, which I'm guessing is how they'll write her out for the foreseeable future.

    How could Kristen Kramer get Joe's job as captain of the CCPD? What authority does she have to just be handed that position? Did the government do it?

    One thing I can say about Chester is he definitely has that youthful enthusiasm and energy that was kind of phased out of Cisco over the years.

    Aren't there better places in STAR Labs for Barry and Iris to have sex in than the archives? Did they just think no one comes in there that often despite how useful the tech is in there? They must really want to have kids now...

    I think this is one of the very few episodes where Barry never actually wears his suit, once.

    I'm kind of surprised Cisco had Roger Hayden archived when he really didn't do that much, even in Elseworlds. Like, if he had been in Crisis like he was supposed to be, that's one thing...although did anyone find it weird they never actually called the mask the Medusa Mask?

    When Team Flash needs a thief, just call in Sue (sorry Ralph), because she's basically Catwoman without a cat-theme. But hey, any excuse to get Natalie Dreyfuss and Danielle Nicolet in catsuits .

    Now in all fairness to Chester, Fake!Cecile did a really good job of playing the situation and making it feel natural that it would all come together in a heist for the mask, and Chester had sound logic to move forward. But it's tough being a two season character jiving with characters who have been together for multiple seasons.

    I was not expecting Cecile to have such an emotional and difficult backstory. You'd think this would have come up at least once in all the time she's been on the show, but I guess it goes to show just how far she's tried to put her mental instability and grief behind her in the present-day. Danielle Nicolet really played her heart out in this episode.

    The big plan to stop Psycho-Pirate ended up being stabbing a sword in the Thinker's chair, which is kind of basic but actually worked surprisingly well in practice and gave Chester his first epic moment.

    So Sue's sticking around for a bit while Ralph's busy, but I miss Ralph so much. It's just not the same without him .

    Didn't Kramer claim a Meta betrayed her unit and killed them all? And now the implication is that she intentionally got them killed by working with the "enemy?" What enemy are we talking about? Terrorists? Insurgents?

  12. #11577
    Pro Mutant Anarchist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,427

    Default

    Poor, poor Cecile

    Props to the actress, she really pulled it off this week.

  13. #11578
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    How could Kristen Kramer get Joe's job as captain of the CCPD? What authority does she have to just be handed that position? Did the government do it?

    One thing I can say about Chester is he definitely has that youthful enthusiasm and energy that was kind of phased out of Cisco over the years.

    Aren't there better places in STAR Labs for Barry and Iris to have sex in than the archives? Did they just think no one comes in there that often despite how useful the tech is in there? They must really want to have kids now...

    I think this is one of the very few episodes where Barry never actually wears his suit, once.

    I was not expecting Cecile to have such an emotional and difficult backstory. You'd think this would have come up at least once in all the time she's been on the show, but I guess it goes to show just how far she's tried to put her mental instability and grief behind her in the present-day. Danielle Nicolet really played her heart out in this episode.

    So Sue's sticking around for a bit while Ralph's busy, but I miss Ralph so much. It's just not the same without him .

    Didn't Kramer claim a Meta betrayed her unit and killed them all? And now the implication is that she intentionally got them killed by working with the "enemy?" What enemy are we talking about? Terrorists? Insurgents?
    These were points that also occurred to me while watching.
    Barry could literally whisk her away to anywhere, ANYWHERE, for a quickie and yet it was the archives? Maybe the thrill of being caught by a friend played into their kink?

    Kramers character arc is full of holes and loose logic in areas that should be more seamless, like getting Joe's job?

    Chester's energy and excitement..check and check. Who hasn't been the new guy somewhere? You want to impress if not just show you deserve to belong in your new role.

    Nice to see Sue, glad she'll be around...I'm guessing they've just not recast Ralph. I still say forgiveness is divine, just get the og Ralph actor back.

    That last part insinuated by Joe...working with the enemy? I recalled her story as a Meta betraying her unit but hey....stories can be true or false. So Joe's brain train into traitor territory may be a "cops gut" type thing.


    While the Psycho Pirate 2.0 story was fair to middling other elements of this episode made it one of the better episodes thus far overall this season.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  14. #11579
    Extraordinary Member Jackalope89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7,833

    Default

    Off topic but; perusing some channels, I come across the 2005 film, Cheaper by the Dozen. And Danielle Panabaker plays one of the older children in it. Did not realize that.

  15. #11580
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Off topic but; perusing some channels, I come across the 2005 film, Cheaper by the Dozen. And Danielle Panabaker plays one of the older children in it. Did not realize that.
    Actually, it was Yours, Mine, and Ours that Danielle Panabaker was in, not Cheaper by the Dozen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •