Page 504 of 827 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554604 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 12392
    Retired

Given the sciency dialogue between Tracy and Cisco, I'm sure it will be some kind of entropy as a result of the bootstrap paradox that explains it. Cycling back in time, over and over, probably explains how Barry got faster and faster until he became a speed god. Which in turn built up entropy which explains the thermodynamic energy that has to be contained by the suit and the fact that his face is falling off because his molecular structure is degrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Given the sciency dialogue between Tracy and Cisco, I'm sure it will be some kind of entropy as a result of the bootstrap paradox that explains it. Cycling back in time, over and over, probably explains how Barry got faster and faster until he became a speed god. Which in turn built up entropy which explains the thermodynamic energy that has to be contained by the suit and the fact that his face is falling off because his molecular structure is degrading.
    Yes. And Theseus's Paradox is how he's so evil. Experience changes us, but the same experience a million times can BREAK us and make us something completely different and alien than what we were before, something...monstrous. I hate to admit it but there's a certain logic to it all. I guess I'm just in the camp of hating future evil versions of heroic characters showing up (never liked Maestro (evil future Hulk) for instance).

Retired

It's been a few decades since I read Jim Starlin's Adam Warlock stories, but if I recall correctly Adam went though a similar experience in the Magus Saga.

Ah yes, Adam Warlock with blue skin and an afro. Good times, good times.

Hopefully we'll find out why 'Savitar' has been appearing to speedsters across the multiverse (once they've reached a level of speed he considers a 'challenge'). (I get that it was used to foreshadow what would happen to Wally when he got fast enough, but it doesn't explain why Savi was doing it in the first place.)

Also, did Jesse pull out the piece of armour that she stabbed Savi with? I thought it was a 'stab-and-let-go' thing.

I wonder if there is going to be a reason why Barry and Tracey are going to design the speedforce prison to be a living hell to anyone inside. And I thought the pipeline was cruel.

Thing is, if Savi has lived through this why was he all 'it's about time you figured it out' - he would know exactly how long it would take etc.

I'm still hoping it's a misdirect, and that Savi is more someone who is able to take on the form of anyone who has been linked to the Speed Force (throughout time and across the multiverse).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Thing is, if Savi has lived through this why was he all 'it's about time you figured it out' - he would know exactly how long it would take etc.

I'm still hoping it's a misdirect, and that Savi is more someone who is able to take on the form of anyone who has been linked to the Speed Force (throughout time and across the multiverse).
    I think the intent of the line is more "God, I can't believe I used to be this thick."

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is convoluted and I don't buy someone like Barry becoming that evil. Especially since his turning point would be losing Iris.
    Also, why would Iris marry Barry now if she knows he could possibly go all evil at some point? Another reason I hope Barry is being controlled by some force instead of going this route all by his lonesome.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think the intent of the line is more "God, I can't believe I used to be this thick."
    Meh. So cliche

Okay, they played with it a little by having Barry talk a bit 'about time', but still

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

At the moment, I feel exhausted by THE FLASH's descent into darkness and I'm not sure I care much to watch it anymore.

For some reason, SUPERGIRL and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (starting with the second season) are the only Berlanti shows that live up to the promise of having Silver Age optimism at their core.

I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to root for Barry when he has pretty much created every problem he's called on to solve. Starting with the second season, Barry has effectively been the villain in his own narrative, and now that's literally true (barring some kind of "The Return of Barry Allen" reveal). It's like he sets a neighborhood on fire, then pulls everyone out but their houses are all burnt to the ground. It's hard to thank the guy with the match and gasoline can for saving you from the fire, you know?

The sad thing is, the cast is so incredibly talented, and they could pull off a more optimistic show beautifully. They even manage to make the show seem superficially idealistic in spite of its dark heart.

But the reality is that the CW's Barry Allen has consistently made the world a worse place for his actions.

Astonishing Member

Is Barry happy that he will end up in the Speed Force forever? Does another Barry happily stay with Iris while his duplicate wanders around in that place?

This is so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Also, why would Iris marry Barry now if she knows he could possibly go all evil at some point? Another reason I hope Barry is being controlled by some force instead of going this route all by his lonesome.
    I would think she would, in all likelihood, understand that the Barry that becomes Savitar isn't her Barry and have faith he won't turn out like that.

And there's still the question of how Barry first became Savitar. What changed him if there wasn't a Savitar to kill Iris and continue the loop?

Though I'm not sure how any of the Team will feel about Barry once Savitar ends up killing one of them

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    At the moment, I feel exhausted by THE FLASH's descent into darkness and I'm not sure I care much to watch it anymore.

For some reason, SUPERGIRL and LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (starting with the second season) are the only Berlanti shows that live up to the promise of having Silver Age optimism at their core.

I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to root for Barry when he has pretty much created every problem he's called on to solve. Starting with the second season, Barry has effectively been the villain in his own narrative, and now that's literally true (barring some kind of "The Return of Barry Allen" reveal). It's like he sets a neighborhood on fire, then pulls everyone out but their houses are all burnt to the ground. It's hard to thank the guy with the match and gasoline can for saving you from the fire, you know?

The sad thing is, the cast is so incredibly talented, and they could pull off a more optimistic show beautifully. They even manage to make the show seem superficially idealistic in spite of its dark heart.

But the reality is that the CW's Barry Allen has consistently made the world a worse place for his actions.
    Well, I think Flash is still, at it's core, optimistic even if events and consequences are so often thrown Barry and co. way to make it harder for them to be that way, but they still pull through and keep moving forward while still trying their best to help people, help others, and save the day.

Though I do think it's starting to get ridiculous how much of the bad stuff that happens is ultimately Barry's fault.

Retired

Maybe THE FLASH is done like so many '60s comics from DC. First they would come up with the cover image--something spectacular and confusing that's going to get the attention of readers and make them want to buy the comic to find out what it's all about. Then they would build a story around that cover image.

As far as visual stimulation goes, THE FLASH is the best of the four shows. They put a lot of time and money into constructing those images that satisfy the eight year old fanboy in me.

That will probably get me back for the season 4 opener; however, if there's yet another threat from a speedster faster than the Flash (the Fastest Man Alive?), I may have to rethink my options.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    That will probably get me back for the season 4 opener; however, if there's yet another threat from a speedster faster than the Flash (the Fastest Man Alive?), I may have to rethink my options.
    The showrunners have already stated that this will not be the case.

This also suggests that the Savitar situation will be resolved in the final episodes of this series. My bet is that he's actually not Barry at all. Villains impersonating Barry is a time-honored FLASH trope, after all.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014