Page 621 of 827 FirstFirst ... 121521571611617618619620621622623624625631671721 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,315 of 12392

Three more Metahumans being casted.

Null:
    "[NULL] Female, mid 20s, African American. An accomplished jewel thief who has escaped capture for a long time. Has the ability to manipulate gravity. Sassy, but dangerous. RECURRING GUEST STAR"
    Edwin Gauss/Folded Man
    "[EDWIN] Male, 30s, Open Ethnicity. A hippie-type, Edwin has his life upended when he develops a power that makes him very hard to track."
    Lord Crucifer
    "[CRUCIFER] The leader of the Tenth Circle, Crucifer is a scarred brute who fights Breacher (Danny Trejo). No lines."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's very plausible that they've been building to DeVoe jumping into Barry's body at the very end, though I'm curious as to what exactly he plans to do with it.

Is Barry's healing factor or the Speed Force what he's planning on being able to contain both his mental powers and all the Bus Metas?
    Yes I think that's it in a nutshell.

A part of me thinks the Cerebral Inhibitor and it actually working will end up being used to justify how Ralph survives when DeVoe inevitably tries to jump into his body.
    Well it did work, Cecile was the proof. They just didn't count on Kilg%re's powers. I think the CI will be a sort of "buffer" that stores the original host body's personality so it can potentially reassert itself (with or without outside assistance) when DeVoe leaves. I think the reason the other bodies died is that when DeVoe possessed them, he overwrote their minds with his own, and when he left, a "blank" mind with no brain function to move the body, pump the heart, etc. The CI might be an unintential work around for that.

What COULD happen (and I've been wrong before but this is fun ) is when this DeVoe takes over Ralph, we'll see what is occuring in Ralph's mind as this happens. Maybe it'll be represented as Ralph being locked somewhere with either Izzie's voice or Izzie herself trying to guide him to the "door" to reassert himself.

Basically what happened in Supergirl. :P

They said at the beginning that Fallout is still under Tina/Mercury Labs' protection.
    I thought so but I was wondering if I missed an offhand remark about DeVoe breaking in and taking him. Ok.

Although if DeVoe is going to absorb Fallout, how is he going to be able to contain his powers?
    Good question unless one of the three remaining bus metas can offset it somehow.

Admittedly Bison's powers are kind of limited without anything to animate.
    I get the show's budget is tight, but, a pocket full of these:

Throw them at one of the heroes, Dwarfstar's power to enlarge them, Black Bison's powers to animate them.

*shrugs*

Retired

DeVoe will probably leap into Ralph so he can get close enough to Barry to leap into him. But this will also allow Elongated DeVoe to shape shift into Neil Sandilands. But it will turn out that he's really doing all this to prevent the destruction of the universe by the Anti-Monitor, or something like that since he can probably predict the Flash is going to disappear in a Crisis, only he wants to ensure that the Flash has all the power he needs to win this battle for all the marbles. And DeVoe has worked out that all the bus meta powers are what this Super-Flash is going to need. Which is why he hasn't leaped into Barry yet, because he needs the full complement of powers. When the team realizes the necessity of DeVoe's success, they'll do what they can to help him, while still hoping to spare Barry's life. But the season will end on a cliff-hanger as Flash goes missing after the Crisis.

I liked Harry's plot with DA Cecile Horton and how it ended up being very relevant to the DeVoe story, but...no Joe? Is this the first episode he's been absent from entirely?

I thought they might've been able to save Becky, but now, probably not. Flash didn't have the greatest plan when it came to putting the Inhibitor on DeVoe, but a lot of fault went to Ralph. Did he really just let DeVoe slap his hand away? Poor Izzy. I guess this was a good way of making some kind of Fiddler reference, although I couldn't help but think of Virtuoso, the female Fiddler.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    That reminds me, does he have Fallout's powers? And he's just not going to use Black Bison's powers apparently.
    Why does he need to bring objects to life when he can just shrink a dumpster, throw it, and then enlarge it?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Apart from some very few scenes, I have yet to see how this season is supposedly more 'lighthearted' than the last two.

If anything, it is even MORE depressing.
    Despite Barry being in jail, Barry and Iris have never been happier in any previous season. Their marriage works! Then there's Ralph, who brings much more comedy than Wally, Barry's previous trainee, ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As soon as Flash brought her to STAR Labs, his cover was already blown, because Iris West is right there. They really have to make some effort to disguise the whole team, if Barry and Ralph want their identities to be secret from guests. They could all use the same device that H.R. had. Or wear glasses
    Not necessarily. Iris can have a life outside her husband, can't she? I'm not sure why Barry and Ralph went after Izzy in plain clothes in the first place if their tactic was "Trust us, we can protect you" and Barry can't even say he works for CCPD any more. If anything, it's Barry meeting someone first and then confronting them again as the Flash that puts his identity at risk the most.

Like, when was the last time Ralph actually did any legit detective work, if ever?
    Ralph has been doing a lot of leg work, I think. Just this episode he was able to obtain that box of stuff from the bus, which got them Izzy's CD, which got them to Izzy. With Barry being a PI now, I'm hoping we see a reversal of the mentor relationship, and it's Ralph who teaches Barry that there's more to being a detective than just examining forensics.

DeVoe will probably leap into Ralph so he can get close enough to Barry to leap into him. But this will also allow Elongated DeVoe to shape shift into Neil Sandilands. But it will turn out that he's really doing all this to prevent the destruction of the universe by the Anti-Monitor, or something like that since he can probably predict the Flash is going to disappear in a Crisis, only he wants to ensure that the Flash has all the power he needs to win this battle for all the marbles. And DeVoe has worked out that all the bus meta powers are what this Super-Flash is going to need. Which is why he hasn't leaped into Barry yet, because he needs the full complement of powers. When the team realizes the necessity of DeVoe's success, they'll do what they can to help him, while still hoping to spare Barry's life. But the season will end on a cliff-hanger as Flash goes missing after the Crisis.
    I'm hoping Thinker has some sort of far reaching agenda like that, but the way he and Marlize have been arguing so much lately, I am wondering just how close he's sticking to his original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Why does he need to bring objects to life when he can just shrink a dumpster, throw it, and then enlarge it?
    To grapple with enemies as opposed to throwing an object they can potentially leap out of the way of?

Spectacular Member

I only WISH the writers were good enough to set something like this up.

They could have been seeding it the entire time.

The escalation to Crisis should have been like Supernatural Season 1-5, building on itself even when its not apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I liked Harry's plot with DA Cecile Horton and how it ended up being very relevant to the DeVoe story, but...no Joe? Is this the first episode he's been absent from entirely?
    I think so.

It's kind of amazing when you think about it.

Has Cisco missed any episodes? I think Caitlin has maybe not been in one or two.
    I thought they might've been able to save Becky, but now, probably not. Flash didn't have the greatest plan when it came to putting the Inhibitor on DeVoe, but a lot of fault went to Ralph. Did he really just let DeVoe slap his hand away? Poor Izzy. I guess this was a good way of making some kind of Fiddler reference, although I couldn't help but think of Virtuoso, the female Fiddler.
    I wonder if we should just write off the heroes acting dumb in the field to DeVoe having Hazard's powers?
    Not necessarily. Iris can have a life outside her husband, can't she? I'm not sure why Barry and Ralph went after Izzy in plain clothes in the first place if their tactic was "Trust us, we can protect you" and Barry can't even say he works for CCPD any more. If anything, it's Barry meeting someone first and then confronting them again as the Flash that puts his identity at risk the most.
    Actually, Iris could've probably used her in as a reporter to get plausibly closer to Izzy then Barry and Ralph did.
    Ralph has been doing a lot of leg work, I think. Just this episode he was able to obtain that box of stuff from the bus, which got them Izzy's CD, which got them to Izzy. With Barry being a PI now, I'm hoping we see a reversal of the mentor relationship, and it's Ralph who teaches Barry that there's more to being a detective than just examining forensics.
    I'll take just about anything that indicates this version of Ralph Dibny can actually do detective work.
    I'm hoping Thinker has some sort of far reaching agenda like that, but the way he and Marlize have been arguing so much lately, I am wondering just how close he's sticking to his original plan.
    It seems like the big issue is that he's rushing and veering off whatever extensive plan they had had prior.

Just going by what Marlize said last episode, they were supposed to wait for all the Bus Metas to be revealed before they started escalating their plan to this point, and DeVoe himself is becoming far more vindictive and almost sadistic with how he's acting.

Although I'm kind of curious if their original plan involved Izzy landing herself in Iron Heights with the other Bus Metas rather then DeVoe personally coming after her. Would she have lost control of her powers and have needed to be stopped by Team Flash if DeVoe hadn't come after her and led the team to befriend and train her?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by feenix219 View Post
    I only WISH the writers were good enough to set something like this up.

They could have been seeding it the entire time.

The escalation to Crisis should have been like Supernatural Season 1-5, building on itself even when its not apparent.
    Since I'll be out of the country when the season heads into the home stretch, I doubt I'll be able to see it or react to it when everyone else does. That's why I wanted to lay out my hopes and expectations now for the conclusion.

But I recognize it's all a pipe dream. I think only the first season had a finish that met and exceeded my expectations. Even if it deprived us of a couple of treasured characters (RIP Ronnie and Eddie).

I really didn't care for this past episode. That's saying something because I usually love The Flash no matter what.
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

This season could have used about five more episodes like this one to break up the tedious DeVoe story

I love John Wesley Shipp as Jay Garrick! I don’t know why he can’t be in more episodes.

Ultimate Member

I liked Legion of Superheroes ok, but I never realized how much I missed Jenni until seeing her character in live action

Three more Metahumans being casted.

Null:

Edwin Gauss/Folded Man

Lord Crucifer
    The tenth circle is an arrow villain organization.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

Barry and Oliver need to have a face to face with ARGUS about what other weapons of mass destruction they have in their organization.

Retired

John Wesley Shipp was a major reason why I started watching this FLASH. And yet it seems like they've slowly but surely eased him out of the show more and more. Until now where it's quite possible we'll never see him again. The one glimmer of hope is this girl he's training. I don't think that's just some random person--it must be a speedster we've heard of, but I can't guess which.

I thought for a moment that the mystery girl might be his trainee, but then her showing up in the same episode makes that seem unlikely. And whenever she shows up, she acts like Barry Allen--which seems to indicate she's Dawn Allen. And she acted like that when Harry and Caitlin were around, but when they left she let that facade drop. Which could suggest she's not who we think she is.

I don't resent Iris that much--but this time I did. She's already displaced every other supporting character on the show, so it's like a lot of the show is just Barry and Iris. She does what Joe, Caitlin, Harry and Cisco used to do. Making it seem like those characters are disposable. And her coming up with the solution really did take something away from the stable geniuses at STAR.

I could see Danielle Panabaker, Carlos Valdez and Tom Cavanagh getting their agents on the phone and looking for other projects--instead of spinning their wheels on this show. And Jesse L Martin has really been sidelined--it seems like Iris and Cecile get more scenes than him. However, I've never been able to figure out why he's on this show--does he have family in Vancouver--because an actor of his standing could be doing anything else.

That Iris thing aside, this was a really good story. Just how the Flash Time works is a bit wonky and has implications outside of this one plot. But I went along with it. And the scene with Harry and Jesse was on a whole 'nother level.