Page 663 of 827 FirstFirst ... 163563613653659660661662663664665666667673713763 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 12392
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    What blows my mind is the actress who plays XS (Jessica Parker Kennedy) is actually older in real life than the rest of Team Flash. She is 34. She is older than both her TV parents.
    She's incredibly young looking. I remember her as a "teen" on The Secret Circle when she was 27.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member

Show is still stuck in stupid power use. No way air bubble girl should have gotten hits on Barry and Nora's dodging was stupid. But it's the usual blitz avoidance syndrome.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I just assume that the Legion went through time and space to arrive on mid-21st century Earth-1 from 31st century Earth-38. Because the Legion are on Supergirl's Earth and XS is not an experienced time traveller.

Or else, all the Earths are merged after the Crisis in 2024. It seems like they are leading up to this kind of Crisis--but maybe Barry and Nora will prevent it from ever happening. However, if they change the timeline, Nora should be different after that. But that kind of logic hasn't got in the way of Barry or Eobard, so maybe Nora will retain all her memories of the old timeline but still get her dad back.

If they want to bring Jessica Parker Kennedy back as a series regular in future seasons--maybe the woman that Jay is training on Earth-3 is Nora's doppelganger.
    I was thinking Brainiac-5 invented a device that travels through time, space, and dimensions.

Since Barry knows he's going to disappear in the future, maybe he leaves instructions for the Legion to take in Nora.

That's my small weird opinion. Thank you for your time and patience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    She's incredibly young looking. I remember her as a "teen" on The Secret Circle when she was 27.
    I remember her from smallville as Plastique.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I remember her from smallville as Plastique.
    I may have and go back and watch that ironically even with somewhat dated feel and him never wearing the costume I'm starting to look back at Smallville as CW's best DC show Black Lightning could give it a run but it's early. Simply because for all it's issues Smallville always kept Clark the focus unlike Supergirl, Arrow, and Flash. Also for it's cringe moments none have come close to the cringe moments on Legends IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I may have and go back and watch that ironically even with somewhat dated feel and him never wearing the costume I'm starting to look back at Smallville as CW's best DC show Black Lightning could give it a run but it's early. Simply because for all it's issues Smallville always kept Clark the focus unlike Supergirl, Arrow, and Flash. Also for it's cringe moments none have come close to the cringe moments on Legends IMO.
    Personally I have a hard time thinking of going back to Smallville with it's meandering Superhero origin and "no tights, no flights" mantra.

I mean, at least Barry wasn't going around as "The Streak" for an entire season.

Smallville is my fabrotie show lol. Despite it many issues imo it's the best depiction if clark and ma and pa Kent. But yea she was plastoque. Clark tried to save her but she was too far gone and then she joined the suicide squad. I dont remember what happened to her after that.

Also Lex and Lionel were great. It wasnt the Lex I woulda done but it's the best live action Lex I've seen by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Personally I have a hard time thinking of going back to Smallville with it's meandering Superhero origin and "no tights, no flights" mantra.

I mean, at least Barry wasn't going around as "The Streak" for an entire season.
    The issue was it was suppose to be the story of how he became Superman but I think they started thinking we'll maybe get a few seasons not 10 years it got annoying once he was out of college for sure but DCEU Superman hid in the Shadows for years. Also Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, and Dean Cain Superman all didn't become heroes until coming to Metropolis and almost pushing 30 if not 30 difference is we saw Smallville in between years from Smallville to Superman.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 10-21-2018 at 06:34 PM.

Spectacular Member

The issue was it was suppose to be the story of how he became Superman but I think they started thinking we'll maybe get a few seasons not 10 years it got annoying once he was out of college for sure but DCEU Superman hid in the Shadows for years. Also Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, and Dean Cain Superman all didn't become heroes until coming to Metropolis and almost pushing 30 if not 30 difference is we saw Smallville in between years from Smallville to Superman.
    They should have just let him start using the costume and do a major retool after Season 5....

Retired

I stopped watching SMALLVILLE when they killed off Pa Kent and only watched it infrequently after that. Some day, I will have to watch the whole series.

I wish that the Legion was being handled on FLASH or LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, as I trust the writers on those shows to do right by the LSH. I've given up on SUPERGIRL--they always find a way to mess up a good idea. But each CW series seems to stick with the properties they've laid claim to--so I don't expect the Legion to get any major storylines on the other shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wish that the Legion was being handled on FLASH or LEGENDS OF TOMORROW, as I trust the writers on those shows to do right by the LSH. I've given up on SUPERGIRL--they always find a way to mess up a good idea. But each CW series seems to stick with the properties they've laid claim to--so I don't expect the Legion to get any major storylines on the other shows.
    I would not trust the Legion with the LoT team after how they handled the JSA. They would only be in there for a gag at best.

Plus, while I love the show, it seems like they've pretty much given up on using anything from the comics at this point.

Agreed. Though Smallville still gave us one of the best live action JSA episodes. I also really dug Justin Hartley as Green Arrow (except the stupid sunglasses)
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

And Supergirl was in her costume in the very first episode. And flew even before she had a costume.

I would not trust the Legion with the LoT team after how they handled the JSA. They would only be in there for a gag at best.
    I mean, doesn't that actually make Legends the best option. LoSH was always the goofy, half-serious superhero team. Matter-Eater Lad, Bouncing Boy. Secret Origins had a guy try to join calling himself Arms-Fall-Off Lad.

(Also, XS is (or was) a Legionnaire. So, Flash does have some LoSH connection.)

Retired

Plus, while I love the show, it seems like they've pretty much given up on using anything from the comics at this point.
    I wish that the Legends woulld recruit some more DC heroes--or if not heroes then villains. I guess there's no perfect fit for the Legion on the CW. SMALLVILLE had young Clark Kent, but no Superboy costume. SUPERGIRL has Supergirl, but it's ham-handed in handling the characters and concepts (witness Jimmy Olsen). FLASH has XS and time travel, but will it ever go a thousand years into the future? LEGENDS has the goofy humour that marked some of the best Legion stories and it has the diverse representation and it has a time ship with room enough for a legion of super-heroes, but its only connection to Superman is a guy that looks like Kara's cousin.