Page 731 of 827 FirstFirst ... 231631681721727728729730731732733734735741781 ... LastLast
Results 10,951 to 10,965 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Okay, they did a great job with casting Sue. She's fun, she's cute, and she and Ralph have great chemistry. I knew there had to be some twist with her, but I didn't see her being a full on crook coming. And neither did Cecile, for some reason? I wonder if Cecile did read her true intentions but wanted Ralph to stick close to her because she knew Ralph would be able to help her out of whatever trouble she is in and that Sue isn't really all that bad.
    I thought for a second Cecile could read that Sue had ulterior motives, but that seemed to just be her realizing she and Ralph were really in sync.

But yeah, I figure Sue will turn out to not be all bad.
    She did seem a little off balanced...years in solitude will do that to someone. Between Eva, Dr. Light, and Ultraviolet, I get the feeling the finale is going to involve some kind of light-based battle with different forces. Naturally, the Flash is going to be the only one fast enough to stop it.
    Man, that makes me miss the old intro. Except Team Flash hasn't caused something that would "open our world to new threats" so I guess it wouldn't work anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Wow, they really did a great job casting Sue. Natalie Dreyfus was fantastic. I'm sure she won't stay a thief for long but even based on her one appearance, I can easily watch a show with her and Ralph solving mysteries.
    I'd watch that spinoff .

Mighty Member

Can't even recall the last time Pied Piper was on the show.

-- "Grodd Friended Me" - nice shout-out to a former cast member.
    -- I was hoping we'd see a proper Gleek appearance in this ep - that would have been something.
    -- Did Chester say, "Thank Rao?" That's interesting, considering that's a real religion now post-crisis.

I don't think this is how fans wanted to see Hartley again, back to being a full-on villain. Although it is kind of amusing that Hartley growing into an ally happened off-screen and now his return to villain happened off-screen as well. What did Team Flash do to him? Make him late to the dinner with his parents? And now he's gone full Banshee from the X-Men.

With Cisco gone and Caitlin having to juggle screentime with being pregnant, it's time for the STAR Labs B-team to take over .

No disrespect to Chester, but I was kind of hoping Gideon would end up being something Barry built 100% on his own.

Does the STAR Labs janitor know Barry is The Flash?

Sherloque! Nice to see him again. I wonder if they'll fit in an HR haunting or skip him over since he died. Well, him and the Council of Wells'. I guess they're too comedic to be "haunting."

So Allegra was Nash's sidekick on his Earth? And obvious daughter-figure.

Fitting that Grodd's sub-conscious would have Solovar as the gatekeeper barring the way to Grodd's salvation.

Is Chester a stand-in for Eric Wallace? Even his favorite villain is Gorilla Grodd like Wallace .

Hey now, you could do a lot worse then Ralph for a life coach.

I get where Chester's teacher was coming from, but...that was a really cruel thing to tell a kid.

I never expected to see Flash and Grodd fuse into Flash!Grodd. But a gorilla with super-speed fighting another gorilla was pretty spectacular .

I'm not sure how I feel about Grodd making a proper heroic turn. I mean, it's a good point to end his character on if that's what they're planning to do, but I'm not sure if it'll really stick with Grodd back in Gorilla City. I mean, will this show ever be able to top a telepathic super-gorilla out for gorilla supremacy?

"Thank Rao?" Has Chunk converted to Kryptonian?

Did anyone notice Chester referred to Captain Cold as a "former bad guy turned former good guy?" Did I hear that line wrong? Because it sounded like Cold became a villain again, even though he died a hero. Unless Chester watched Legends I'm not sure he would've known about that Cold.

It's clear now that Eva has been conning Iris the whole time and that Mirror!Iris is an extension of her. So it was all a deliberate plan to get Eva out or do something to Carver and Black Hole. I wonder if Eva lied about how she ended up in the mirror dimension? Maybe Carver forced her into it? She definitely doesn't seem like a victim anymore and more like a McCulloch.

So it seems Thawne is finally coming back, and it sounds like he's after Nash...so are the remnants of the Wells' trying to warn him? Did Crisis upset the timeline enough that Thawne can't maintain his Wells form anymore?

Astonishing Member

Okay, so with Rathaway I'm seeing some Shocker and some Banshee but not a whole lot of Pied Piper. Would it kill them to give him a hypnotic flute? The theming doesn't work beyond it being sound-related. It's like if they had a villain named Pinocchio who doesn't look like a marionette, doesn't lie and whose nose doesn't grow, but controls trees and gave him the codename because "Eh, it's wood at least". They would have been better off making this villain Sonar from the Green Lantern comics.

Alsways happy to see Grodd. Why? Because he's the arch-enemy who breaks all those fan-invented rules about how villains should be. You know the ones. "The villain should be the opposite or dark reflection of the hero. Like how the Joker is a clown who brings chaos and Batman is a dark figure who creates order . . . " Grodd is one of the Flash's two biggest villains (him and Prof. Zoom). Yet, he's a telepathic super-intelligent gorilla conqueror from a hidden city of gorillas. There's nothing there that could be really seen as a direct opposite of Barry. Maybe you could say he contrasts Barry's humanity. But that only works since Geoff Johns revamped him in his first Flash run to have a more animalistic mindset. It's too bad he's probably reformed now and we won't see him again. But I understand it costs a lot of money to put him on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Okay, so with Rathaway I'm seeing some Shocker and some Banshee but not a whole lot of Pied Piper. Would it kill them to give him a hypnotic flute? The theming doesn't work beyond it being sound-related. It's like if they had a villain named Pinocchio who doesn't look like a marionette, doesn't lie and whose nose doesn't grow, but controls trees and gave him the codename because "Eh, it's wood at least". They would have been better off making this villain Sonar from the Green Lantern comics.
    I was disappointed the flute didn't pop up either.
    Alsways happy to see Grodd. Why? Because he's the arch-enemy who breaks all those fan-invented rules about how villains should be. You know the ones. "The villain should be the opposite or dark reflection of the hero. Like how the Joker is a clown who brings chaos and Batman is a dark figure who creates order . . . " Grodd is one of the Flash's two biggest villains (him and Prof. Zoom). Yet, he's a telepathic super-intelligent gorilla conqueror from a hidden city of gorillas. There's nothing there that could be really seen as a direct opposite of Barry. Maybe you could say he contrasts Barry's humanity. But that only works since Geoff Johns revamped him in his first Flash run to have a more animalistic mindset. It's too bad he's probably reformed now and we won't see him again. But I understand it costs a lot of money to put him on screen.
    Big Three with Reverse-Flash and Captain Cold.

I've seen some theories that Grodd's taste of the Speed Force might make him want more of it, and set him on the path to being a villain again.

I really hope Nash will also see HR in an illusion soon. Still my favorite Wells.

Anyway, great episode, Grodd is always good to see, hope he'll assist Team Flash in the future, preferably against Thawne, who seems to be making his comeback soon. Many villains this season!

Astonishing Member

So Ralph takes bullets and can't take a punch? Liquid nitrogen is nowhere absolute zero. Sue is good character. Evil fate in the future?

Okay, so Eva was putting on an act for Iris this whole time. Makes sense.

Creating Earth Prime should have consequences like Barry not knowing where his parents are buried. Otherwise, it's just too easy.

Chester is fun, and it's good to see more people geek out over the Flash considering everything he has done for the city. Also, most of the cast has gotten pretty serious by this point, so a lighter character is welcome.

"Run, Grodd, run!" I was kind of disappointed that Barry sucker punched Grodd like that (and that he was unable to get past Solovar), but any Grodd episode is a great one, and they tell different stories with him each time. I just hope this isn't the last time we see him as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think this is how fans wanted to see Hartley again, back to being a full-on villain. Although it is kind of amusing that Hartley growing into an ally happened off-screen and now his return to villain happened off-screen as well. What did Team Flash do to him? Make him late to the dinner with his parents? And now he's gone full Banshee from the X-Men.
    I don't love that he's been turned into a joke, and that it seems he is the butt end of messing with the timeline or multiverse. Hopefully they will actually devote a full episode to him so he can work on his issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    It's not just about being a dark reflection of the hero, it's also about having a good counterpower to make for a decent threat. Zoom matches Flash's speed, Cold slows things down to their freezing point. Grodd's power is his mind, so Flash has to be able to keep up with the speed of thought.

**** yeah!

Chester has been far more fun this season than Cisco has been for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    **** yeah!

Chester has been far more fun this season than Cisco has been for quite some time.
    It does beg the question what they're going to do with Cisco, although I've seen some speculation Chester might take over for Caitlin since Danielle Panabaker is probably going to be on maternity leave soon.

Incredible Member

So bye Cisco? Or is going to be like having Felicity and Curtis at the same time on the same team? Man, Chester Is like them and I don't like that.

BANNED

I’m so tired of these nerd trope characters

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I’m so tired of these nerd trope characters
    The Flash kind of lends itself to nerd types in my opinion.