Page 727 of 827 FirstFirst ... 227627677717723724725726727728729730731737777 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 12392

I don't mind the character or the actress, its that accent. Is it supposed to be British?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I don't mind the character or the actress, its that accent. Is it supposed to be British?
    I'm pretty sure it is.

I believe the actress is dating Karl Urban so you'd think she'd have a better grasp of the accent (assuming she also had a dialect coach as well).

I think Amunet is fun and all, but...they kind of need to resolve the thing about her holding Barry's secret id over his head. Even if they need J'onn to mindwipe her or something.

I don't know where they are going with this Mirror Iris thing. It feels like a waste of character development if that's not the real Iris. But Joe is right about her change, and I was happy when she said she doesn't want to be the voice in Barry's cowl cheering him on. Go Team Citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In hindsight, putting so much gold in the Flash suit was probably a bad idea when there is a prominent villain in Central City who controls gold.
    It's Cisco's fault. Maybe he needed that gold to be a conductor with all the electricity and radio signals and whatnot. I wonder what will be the justification of Barry getting those gold boots?

I like how they acknowledged her accent. And that Goldface is from Connecticut and went to Yale!

Maybe swap out the gold for a pyrite* alloy combo? A 60/40 mix so it still appears gold and still conducts well (radio signals, etc.).

*= also known as fool's gold

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I think Amunet is fun and all, but...they kind of need to resolve the thing about her holding Barry's secret id over his head. Even if they need J'onn to mindwipe her or something.
    I wouldn't have any objections with that myself, Frontier. It's stupid for Barry being handcuffed that way.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I think Iris should stay in the mirror dimension. I had actually forgotten that she was there, and was kind of surprised at how more competent Iris seemed. This "mirror Iris" (Mirror Master?) is a definite upgrade!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I think Iris should stay in the mirror dimension. I had actually forgotten that she was there, and was kind of surprised at how more competent Iris seemed. This "mirror Iris" (Mirror Master?) is a definite upgrade!
    I think Iris' competence has gone up dramatically post-Crisis, even before the mirror episode. I'm really liking the direction they've taken her reporting on the show. And I think the aspects that 'mirror Iris' tapped into are already there in some fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I wouldn't have any objections with that myself, Frontier. It's stupid for Barry being handcuffed that way.
    Yeah, I don't really like seeing The Flash unable to do anything because he couldn't keep his mask on for five seconds.
    I don't know where they are going with this Mirror Iris thing. It feels like a waste of character development if that's not the real Iris. But Joe is right about her change, and I was happy when she said she doesn't want to be the voice in Barry's cowl cheering him on. Go Team Citizen!
    I hope they don't make it a drama point that Barry ended up being fooled while Iris realized Bloodwork wasn't the real Barry in barely a minute.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope they don't make it a drama point that Barry ended up being fooled while Iris realized Bloodwork wasn't the real Barry in barely a minute.
    Whaaaaaat and miss out on the fall out drama from Iris being butthurt that he didn't recognize it wasn't her...? This is the CW we are talking about here.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wait, so all it took the Flash writers to get Iris right was to have her replaced with a doppelganger? Why couldn't this have been the Iris we got all along?

Always getting in their own way... the mantra of the Flash writing room

(Super fun episode, by the way, and Mirror Master as the Big Bad would be a huge improvement after years of awful main bad guys on this show.)
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ok so crisis is done and I'm not watching Flash anymore, bit I'm curious how Black Lightning being on the same earth as Flas has impacted its canon. I mean the early Flash seasons all meta's came from the dark matter that gave Flash his powers. But we now have BL who's been a meta since before his grown kids were born and other metas in freeland too

Astonishing Member

Have to go against the flow, I found the episode boring and dozed off a few times. So Iris gets to watch Barry 'interact' with someone else? That will be an interesting marriage issue. If she is good at pancakes, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Wait, so all it took the Flash writers to get Iris right was to have her replaced with a doppelganger? Why couldn't this have been the Iris we got all along?
    Mirror!Iris was just continuing off the development established with Iris from the last episode, in my opinion, although I guess we're supposed to make our own judgements on whether the real Iris would've handled this like the mirror version did. Aside from being able to cook.

Maybe she wouldn't have clonked a guy on the head.

Sounds like a character in a Disney cartoon from the 1940s.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I think Iris' competence has gone up dramatically post-Crisis, even before the mirror episode. I'm really liking the direction they've taken her reporting on the show. And I think the aspects that 'mirror Iris' tapped into are already there in some fashion.
    The one thing I dislike is the premise that being a reporter is the same thing as being a super hero. Unless you have a super hero watching your back, a reporter acting like Iris would be so dead!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.