Page 802 of 827 FirstFirst ... 302702752792798799800801802803804805806812 ... LastLast
Results 12,016 to 12,030 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    How was Max Mercury mentioned? I totally missed that.
    Was it early in the episode? Somewhere give me an idea where? I'd go back just to catch that moment if it could be narrowed down.
    It was when Barry was meditating in the Still Force, right before they tried to escape. He was talking about seeing the timeline from multiple angles or something, says he sees Harry and Jessie, and 'Max?'. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It was when Barry was meditating in the Still Force, right before they tried to escape. He was talking about seeing the timeline from multiple angles or something, says he sees Harry and Jessie, and 'Max?'. That's it.
    I think it was right after he mentioned seeing Nora and her wife, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's now committed two on-screen crimes.
    There's definitely a sliding scale of crime severity at work with this show's internal logic. Tinya didn't kill Iris, it was only attempted murder, which is forgivable.

I was always wondering if they'd retcon a Post-Crisis Jesse that had her Johnny Chambers origin and needed the Speed Formula but they probably wouldn't erase a connection to Harry.
    I can only see that happening if Johnny Chambers is played by Tom Cavanagh.

Mighty Member

I felt that Dr Orloff was a great mad scientist.

It was a good one and done episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I love seeing The Flash fight petty crimes. Although I guess that guy with the banana wasn't actually arrested because he didn't actually have anything to commit a crime with...but maybe knowing The Flash stopped him will turn him around on his life of crime.

It was only a matter of time before we finally saw a Team Flash D&D campaign with the amount of time Chester and Allegra have been talking about it. No surprise Barry is into it, and Cecile definitely seemed to enjoy herself. Iris plays too, huh? Now I'm wondering if the entire Team are involved with the campaign. Was Frost in it? Caitlin? I feel like Cisco would come back just for this. Poor Joe just can't quite come around to it (at first).

Chief Singh! It's always nice to see him. I love how he covers for Barry not knowing that Kramer already knows Barry is The Flash and then seems kind of miffed that she found out faster than he did (although he was still first).

It was pretty novel to see Barry fight a mad scientist instead of a Meta, although with all these mentions of Gamma Radiation I'm surprised they didn't reference The Hulk. I guess last year was the Arrowverse year for Marvel references.

I thought they would play Old Man Barry for comedy, but in-fact it was treated pretty dramatically and tragic with his body giving out on itself and him not knowing what to do, scrambling for a solution even as his speed makes his condition worse and barely being able to take care of himself. It wasn't pretty.

"Magnus Labs?" Like Will Magnus, creator of the Metal Men?

Nothing lets Team Flash step up (well, mostly Cecile) quite like Barry being rendered out of sorts by a villain-of-the-week, but Barry still manages to resolve the climax on his own.

Joe and Singh's friendship is a pretty understated part of the show, although two grown men struggling to build and program a roomba was pretty surreal. Also a baby Jenna mention!

I guess Joe is pretty stuck in his ways and hasn't really done much post-retirement other than sit around and do pep talks, so maybe it is time for him to start really trying to live the life he now has for himself. And that means getting really into character for D&D.

The way they worded it seemed like Orloff got even older and Barry got even younger, although it was just by one year. I guess Barry is already at his peak/prime, so there isn't really much of a need to de-age him.

Caitlin's mom basically rats her out to Barry when she calls him wondering where Caitlin is, and Barry realizes how far Caitlin has gone. I mean, the Mirror Gun? Really Caitlin? Like Caitlin's first clue that she shouldn't be doing this is that she should've known Barry would be against it (and her choices have had a terrible track record in this season), and that's before she insinuates that this could mean reviving the dead in general. What if they use whatever's left of Frost in her subconscious? It's not going to be the same Frost. She has to realize this. But I doubt even Barry smashing up her lab is going to get her to give up until whatever they create ends up making another mess of things.

So did they imprison Thawne in NuLian Yu? I'm guessing the new Speedster is Meena.

Directed by Caity Lotz. Nice. Loved Joe's story with Singh.

Not a fan of that last scene. It's one thing to disagree with Caitlin's bonkers plan, but to just blow up her lab and leave??? Your friend is obviously mourning and in pain and you leave her with a giant mess and in emotional turmoil? Bad writing in my opinion - I don't see Barry doing that unless the plot just wants Caitlin to be alone and angry.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not a fan of that last scene. It's one thing to disagree with Caitlin's bonkers plan, but to just blow up her lab and leave??? Your friend is obviously mourning and in pain and you leave her with a giant mess and in emotional turmoil? Bad writing in my opinion - I don't see Barry doing that unless the plot just wants Caitlin to be alone and angry.
    I get it in the sense that Caitlin seemed like she was genuinely going crazy and becoming a mad scientist and wouldn't have stopped unless Barry stopped her...but he should've stayed and tried to talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I agree. Almost everything Barry did this week consisted of bad choices, but at least some of the earlier stuff you can blame on dementia. Not this!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Well, it's not like Caitlin is acting rationally either.

Astonishing Member

Well, it's not like Caitlin is acting rationally either.
    The difference is that Caitlin wasn't inflicting her irrationality on anyone else. Who exactly appointed Barry, the man who'd do anything no matter how irrational to save Iris, to decide what Caitlin can or cannot try?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Yeah the ending didn't sit well with me for this episode. Barry has done countless selfish, unilateral choices(some bad) and judges Caitlin here. His actions towards her are unfair.
    I'd call him acting out of character except the writing for any character the last few seasons is all over the map based on whatever needs to happen to further the narrative they are working towards.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Yeah the ending didn't sit well with me for this episode. Barry has done countless selfish, unilateral choices(some bad) and judges Caitlin here. His actions towards her are unfair.
    What SHOULD happen is the next ep OPENS with the remaining cast chastising him saying EXACTLY that. But even if they do, he's pulled that "well I'm team leader so what I say goes" before this season. Or that he's doing what Jay did ages ago when he tried to time travel and Jay pulled him out of the Speed Force mid-transit.

Honestly taking the mirror gun, I get, that would have been enough + emergency team meeting. But what he did, among other things, was oddly...antagonistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Honestly taking the mirror gun, I get, that would have been enough + emergency team meeting. But what he did, among other things, was oddly...antagonistic.
    To me, the worst is that he just left her there.