Page 688 of 698 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 10466

Thread: The FLASH

  1. #10306
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,413

    Default

    I have to say even though there was some glaring stupidity in this episode (namely everything with Iris my god she is a moron) this take on Goldface was pretty damn good. I mean better than anytime he has been used in the comics good. From the look to the powers this reimagining of him was amazing, and I would be more than happy to see it transfered over to the comics.

    Just a quick look at the comic version of Goldface.


  2. #10307
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,841

    Default

    I liked Iris in this episode. Actually her story was probably the best of the three. She's a reporter, she has to take chances. She was doing her reporter thing and the risk she took seemed worth it. She couldn't have expected Dwyer to show up when he did. She was crafty and she showed guts. The worst you could argue is that Iris was too clever when compared with the rest of the gang that have all faced Cicada and done much worse. Yet she, with no super-powers, was able to fend him off. I could see people complaining about that--but if she's going to be built up as a great reporter, then she needs a few wins, like this. Besides which, the whole episode seemed to be about solving problems without powers. And as the resident non-powered person in the bunch, Iris is the one who has learned how to cope, because she doesn't have that crutch.
    🌞 calling occupants of interplanetary craft

  3. #10308
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I liked Iris in this episode. Actually her story was probably the best of the three. She's a reporter, she has to take chances. She was doing her reporter thing and the risk she took seemed worth it. She couldn't have expected Dwyer to show up when he did. She was crafty and she showed guts. The worst you could argue is that Iris was too clever when compared with the rest of the gang that have all faced Cicada and done much worse. Yet she, with no super-powers, was able to fend him off. I could see people complaining about that--but if she's going to be built up as a great reporter, then she needs a few wins, like this. Besides which, the whole episode seemed to be about solving problems without powers. And as the resident non-powered person in the bunch, Iris is the one who has learned how to cope, because she doesn't have that crutch.
    I'm with you, Jim. This is what she should be doing, instead of the "I'm the Flash" nonsense.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  4. #10309
    www.taurianfilms.com
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm with you, Jim. This is what she should be doing, instead of the "I'm the Flash" nonsense.
    A little part of me died inside whenever they said that crap

  5. #10310
    DC Comics Forum Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    A little part of me died inside whenever they said that crap
    Saying you're part of "Team Flash" is perfectly fine by me, but, yeah, that was seriously ridiculous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

    Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

    Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

  6. #10311
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,942

    Default

    Glad they said Goldface was alive, because that molten gold pouring out of his body sure seemed to imply otherwise.

    Maybe he just has massive internal bleeding?

  7. #10312
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,378

    Default

    Solid episode once again hurt by the sucktitude that is Cicada. Along with having to deal with his awful acting, we're supposed to believe that Cicada is the villain that Barry would go over the line for. To misquote Arrested Development..."him?"
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

  8. #10313
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Solid episode once again hurt by the sucktitude that is Cicada. Along with having to deal with his awful acting, we're supposed to believe that Cicada is the villain that Barry would go over the line for. To misquote Arrested Development..."him?"
    Reverse Flash killed Barry's mother. Zoom killed his dad. Savitar killed Iris. Yet Cicada is the one he doesn't spare? Cicada is sort of a stupid name for a villain. Real cicadas are harmless bugs that make summer sound like summer.

  9. #10314
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Anybody else notice the easter egg of the weapons called 'toasters'? First referenced (I think) in Steel (the comics and the movie) and was also used in an episode of Lois and Clark.

  10. #10315
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    5,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Awesome laser rifle scene.
    As a Rob Zombie fan, the choice of background music pleased me greatly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  11. #10316
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm half expecting Eobard Wells to come back in time, kill Sherloque, and take his place.
    I'd still like to know how he survived being erased after his last fight against the Legends.

  12. #10317
    Death becomes you Osiris-Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    6,009

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I'd still like to know how he survived being erased after his last fight against the Legends.
    This is probably a different time remnant of him. There seems to be an infinite number of them.

  13. #10318
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I'd still like to know how he survived being erased after his last fight against the Legends.
    He has invincible plot hole proof armour.
    AKA= FlashFreak

    Favorite Characters:

    DC:
    The Flash (Jay, Wally, Barry), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Starman (Jack Knight) , Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore), and Captain Marvel/Shazam! (Billy Batson).

    MARVEL:
    Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), and Star Lord.

    Current Pulls:
    Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Shazam,Guardians of The Galaxy, Old Man Quill, & Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

  14. #10319
    Astonishing Member Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Solid episode once again hurt by the sucktitude that is Cicada. Along with having to deal with his awful acting, we're supposed to believe that Cicada is the villain that Barry would go over the line for. To misquote Arrested Development..."him?"
    LOL! I love good Arrested Development nods.
    AKA= FlashFreak

    Favorite Characters:

    DC:
    The Flash (Jay, Wally, Barry), The Atom (Ray Palmer) , Starman (Jack Knight) , Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore), and Captain Marvel/Shazam! (Billy Batson).

    MARVEL:
    Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Iron Fist, Ant-Man (Scott Lang), and Star Lord.

    Current Pulls:
    Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Venom, Immortal Hulk, Shazam,Guardians of The Galaxy, Old Man Quill, & Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

  15. #10320
    Standing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    10,841

    Default

    I don't think the reason for Cicada's personality shift is down to Chris Klein's acting. His acting is probably on point and simply following the direction for the character. Now that we know Grace is the influencer, it makes sense why Cicada would act this way. We've seen Dwyer act differently in different situations and time frames. So I'm expecting it to all make sense when we get all the facts. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

    Frankly, a lot of the mysterious villains--the Man in the Yellow Suit, Zoom, Dr. Alchemy, Savitar--have been stylized in their voice interpretation until the reveal when we knew who they really were. Even now Tom Cavanagh does things with his voice which could be laughable, if I wasn't used to that particular style for a Wells or a Thawne.

    Orlin Dwyer worked for me in the last episode, because he had just the right amount of menace and unpredictably (either because of Grace or the pain from the dark matter or a combination of both) that I got real chills in those scenes with Iris. I didn't know what he was going to do and that scared me--in a way that Goldface never did. The suspense in the Iris scenes had me on the edge of my seat.
    🌞 calling occupants of interplanetary craft

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •