Page 739 of 827 FirstFirst ... 239639689729735736737738739740741742743749789 ... LastLast
Results 11,071 to 11,085 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I do wonder if there's something else going on, given Wells' connection to Thawne....or it could be drama for the sake of drama.
    I doubt it had anything to do with Thawne. It was probably just to give Nash and Barry a scene.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt it had anything to do with Thawne. It was probably just to give Nash and Barry a scene.
    Well, a Wells is never happy! If it had gone down the other way, he'd have been like, "Damn, Barry, that's cold. The Flash I knew would never have passed over the possibility of getting Iris back!"

So, I really haven't been able to get into any of these shows lately. It was like after Crisis a switch was flipped, and I just didn't care. So I decided to go back and watch the first season of The Flash to see if maybe it was just the new stuff, or if I just didn't like these comic book shows anymore.

Thankfully, I think I was just a little burned out on the new stuff. The first season was a really solid season with some excellent writing. And something that surprised me- I really liked Eddie. I remember pretty much hating the character until the scene where Barry breaks him out of police custody after he was set up shooting two cops. That scene, where Eddie tells Barry to bring him back and to get him out the right way, really turned me around on his character. But re-watching it now, I actually liked him from the start. And I'm honestly surprised they never brought him back- his body getting sucked into the wormhole at the end feels like it was setting up something for the future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    So, I really haven't been able to get into any of these shows lately. It was like after Crisis a switch was flipped, and I just didn't care. So I decided to go back and watch the first season of The Flash to see if maybe it was just the new stuff, or if I just didn't like these comic book shows anymore.

Thankfully, I think I was just a little burned out on the new stuff. The first season was a really solid season with some excellent writing. And something that surprised me- I really liked Eddie. I remember pretty much hating the character until the scene where Barry breaks him out of police custody after he was set up shooting two cops. That scene, where Eddie tells Barry to bring him back and to get him out the right way, really turned me around on his character. But re-watching it now, I actually liked him from the start. And I'm honestly surprised they never brought him back- his body getting sucked into the wormhole at the end feels like it was setting up something for the future.
    I’m very down for Eddie Thawne to come back. Many people back then assumed he was Cobalt Blue.

I feel like there's been speculation every season about Eddie coming back.

I would be kind of interested to see how that would impact Barry and Iris' marriage.

Eddie seems much more like a good guy in hindsight. Watching it and you're expecting him to be one bad break-up away from becoming the Reverse Flash. I think him being sucked away was more to keep the Thawne bloodline around.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Eddie seems much more like a good guy in hindsight. Watching it and you're expecting him to be one bad break-up away from becoming the Reverse Flash. I think him being sucked away was more to keep the Thawne bloodline around.
    It reminds me when people were speculating Tommy was Merlyn from the comics who ended up being his dad...

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I never considered that. I like that theory.

But....

If Godspeed is the Big Bad for next season, I think it could be an interesting twist if instead of August Hart, it turns out to be Eddie instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I never considered that. I like that theory.

But....

If Godspeed is the Big Bad for next season, I think it could be an interesting twist if instead of August Hart, it turns out to be Eddie instead.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's a twist to Godspeed next season. We're supposed to meet the "real" Godspeed next season but we've already met August Heart.

And...honestly it would match surprisingly well with comic Godspeed that a detective friend of Barry's ends up turning into a villainous and dangerous Speedster.

Hartley Sawyer was just fired from the show, for a very ugly reason

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...urface-1297483

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Elongated Man got fired from the show after racist and misogynist tweets surface
    https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...672872448?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Hartley Sawyer was just fired from the show, for a very ugly reason

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...urface-1297483
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Elongated Man got fired from the show after racist and misogynist tweets surface
    https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status...672872448?s=19
    Well, this is disappointing on several levels...

Will they write out Ralph but keep Sue...?

Yeah, writing him out with Eva's and Sue's plot being obviously unfinished will be....awkward.

Then again, maybe it will be undone, see James Gunn. I for one think that Hartley too just wanted to be an edgy moron. I mean, it was 8 years ago.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, this is disappointing on several levels...

Will they write out Ralph but keep Sue...?
    They will create brand new Elongated Man to replace him!

Granted, Ralph can alter his face and looks so they could recast if they wanted to.