Page 563 of 827 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613663 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    At least the 11 more set up the villains of the week so far.

Would be funny if the trick further down the line is Thinker acting like a one off villain and getting beat/captured and THEN springing the real plan with HIMSELF as the 12th to be caught.
    Did Sugar Lyn Beard get more than one episode as Hazard or are they gonna renew the contract mid-season? I can see her becoming one of the 12, then turn on them in the end. At least if they stick close to her comic roots, but they could go in another direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I said it last week and I will say it again. THEY NEED TO COME UP WITH A REAL REASON FOR WALLY BEING USELESS!!! He just looks stupid when he gets taken out or just stands around every episode. He seemed to be better in the opener last week actually seeming like he was getting better at being a hero and then the minute Barry comes back he is back in the "what are we going to do with Wally this week" situation. The show just can't really come up with good enough stories to have two full time speedsters on the team every week.

Like I said give him a heart problem or something so there is a reason he can't be out there every episode just standing there waiting to get taken out so Barry can be the real hero. He should only have to suit up when there is absolutely no other choice, and afterwards he should be out action for at least 2 or 3 episodes.
    I think the whole Kid Flash is inexperienced and not up to the same level as Barry is supposed to explain it and continue to explain it for awhile, he's the inexperienced youthful one who has tons of enthusiasm and looks up to the Flash and learns from the Flash and is more "coming of age". That's just the breaks for Kid Flash. He'll have his moments to shine but then he's going to have to fade into the background more times than not.

Until the time when the character grows and progresses to that level where he's not Kid Flash to the Flash.

A series like this puts more focus on the character and characters dynamic over a deep/complex story. For example, there will be character progression and spotlight for Iris leading the team and having reverence with the team and focus on this, instead of a deep story that weaves it's way into Iris gaining the team's respect and taking lead of the team. Kid Flash will make a mistake and there will be focus on the character aspects of him dealing with it rather than a deep story supporting the mistake moment, etc.

The story aspect focus will be more on the season villain and how it relates to Team Flash.

This episode was full of character/character dynamics focus and lighthearted humor. The episode's definitely not going to win any awards for extraordinary story or masterful storytelling though.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-19-2017 at 05:02 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Did Sugar Lyn Beard get more than one episode as Hazard or are they gonna renew the contract mid-season? I can see her becoming one of the 12, then turn on them in the end. At least if they stick close to her comic roots, but they could go in another direction.
    I imagine Hazard is probably one of the 12 Metas Thinker created.

We probably won't see her again after Barry inevitably catches her next week, but I imagine she and the rest of the Thinkers' Metas will re-appear once his plan has been completed.

Just going from what little we've seen of her in the next episode, she doesn't seem particularly villainous so I'm also curious to see how that might play into Thinker's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Iris is the least qualified person on Team Flash, being neither a scientist nor in law enforcement. Being a rookie reporter (and it seems she's not even that anymore) does not qualify her to run Team Flash (if that's what she's supposed to be doing). And it certainly does not justify her telling the Fastest Man Alive that he's not the Flash -- "We are the Flash."

I'm not saying I'm ready to drop the show over this, but I will say that it annoys me.

Sandy Hausler

I am there with you, it is super annoying. I want to love this show again, I really want to! But then I see stuff like:

- Iris is always right, she has to have the last word everytime
    - Iris runs Team Flash but should really not be qualified to do so
    - Who is the one that has the answer? Iris... No it is not Cisco or Caitlyn who are so damn smart, it is always Iris
    - Couples Therapy? Really?! It was cringy, it was tedious and just not funny. It was ridiculous...
    - Kid Flash? I had my hopes up when Barry said "we are up" and they both went to face kilgore. What happens in the first minute? Wally gets knocked out, benched yet again.
    - And finally: Iris really had the audacity to say "you are not the flash, we are" ?!

Damn... Would you writers please just bench Iris like you bench Wally all the time and give him something to do? I am damn sick of her always being the one with the right answer and being the one that knows how to do everything. It was so silly when Barry screamed into the phone and said "IRIS! Please tell me what to do and I do it!" Goddamn Barry, how old are you, 10?

There was one sweet, funny and charming thing in this episode: Gypsy and Cisco. That plot was fun, it was charming and had a good ending.
    And btw, LOVED that dress on her, absolutey stunning.
    Last edited by Guardian; 10-20-2017 at 05:43 AM.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Iris being the leader seems like the creators' apology to Candice Patton for all of the crappy storylines they gave her character.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    Iris being the leader seems like the creators' apology to Candice Patton for all of the crappy storylines they gave her character.
    lol its possible, though to me it seems like a major "FU she's not going anywhere" to her detractors.

Retired

The best thing they could do for her character would be to give Iris a life beyond Barry. If every story she has depends on her being in scenes with Barry, then they can't develop side-plots for her alone.

But I guess dedicated sets for each character can get expensive. They have STAR, CCPD and the apartment. Have we seen the West house this season? It was probably better when Iris was a barista, because they could use that set for mutiple purposes. Can't believe she was just a barista only three seasons ago.

I'd guess it's because how popular the character is on social media. When i check the twitter hashtah it seems to almost all be about Iris and Barry/Iris together except a few Killer Frost/Snowbarry fans. From what i've read the speculation is that played a big part in Felicity's character destiny was the twitter/facebook/tumblr social media fanbase. Unofficially.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-20-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But I guess dedicated sets for each character can get expensive. They have STAR, CCPD and the apartment. Have we seen the West house this season? It was probably better when Iris was a barista, because they could use that set for mutiple purposes. Can't believe she was just a barista only three seasons ago.
    I know the West House appeared in the premiere because the Wests and Cecille were having dinner together.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    I'd guess it's because how popular the character is on social media. When i check the twitter hashtah it seems to almost all be about Iris and Barry/Iris together except a few Killer Frost/Snowbarry fans. From what i've read the speculation is that played a big part in Felicity's character destiny was the twitter/facebook/tumblr social media fanbase. Unofficially.
    That's interesting in light of how popular Snowbarry was in season 1.

Fine by me. Gives her something to do with the main cast that's meaningful.

Enjoyed the episodes so far. They've actually been fun. That was a problem I had last season with Flash. While it had its good times, the constant high school-esque drama was becoming a turn off for me. I don't mind some drama, like Iris rightfully still being a bit upset that Barry left her, possibly forever, at the end of last season. That makes sense. But things like not just talking simple things out, carrying grudges long-term, etc?

Yeah. Liking this season so far.

This show has turned to hot garbage. I feel like I'm watching Supergirl ffs.

Astonishing Member

So the meta human of the week is a techno path and Cisco sends out Barry in his new tricked out high tech to the gills suit? That was a major league idiot ball. The story could have been resolved without Kilg%ore even realising Barry or Wally was there.

Eleven more metas out there that Thinker is looking for. So he brought Flash back to find them. A long game indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    So the meta human of the week is a techno path and Cisco sends out Barry in his new tricked out high tech to the gills suit? That was a major league idiot ball. The story could have been resolved without Kilg%ore even realising Barry or Wally was there.

Eleven more metas out there that Thinker is looking for. So he brought Flash back to find them. A long game indeed.
    For supposedly being the "big bad" of the season, not really getting that vibe (no pun intended) from Thinker. Maybe somewhat ambiguous, but so far, all he's done is help (in his own way) of bringing Barry back and, because of that, got Kilgore imprisoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    For supposedly being the "big bad" of the season, not really getting that vibe (no pun intended) from Thinker. Maybe somewhat ambiguous, but so far, all he's done is help (in his own way) of bringing Barry back and, because of that, got Kilgore imprisoned.
    Thinker's playing the long-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    At the end of the episode that is what the thinker wanted the point is to know he is the bad guy and obviously has some big scheme. It isn't going to be as obvious as the other big bads this guy is playing chess the others were all playing checkers.