Page 787 of 827 FirstFirst ... 287687737777783784785786787788789790791797 ... LastLast
Results 11,791 to 11,805 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Flash should have no problem with any supervillain with normal mental and physical speed in the comics. I mean, Captain Boomerang wouldn't be able to use any of his boomerangs if he's already tied up in a bow.
    The Rogues are geniuses, even though it might not seem that way.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'll do you one better- can we just make the Hall of Justice the new base for The Flash? Let's leave STAR Labs, which still has a hole in the roof (I swear I thought they fixed that)? I get that maybe they want to only use the Hall for crossovers, but even Oliver got a new secret lair after a few seasons. Hell, Supergirl got a new base for just the last season. Let's spruce up the hall, put the table in a conference room, and use the rest for Barry and his team.
    Makes me think that might be why they trashed Ollie's display in this ep. It would be odd for it to be there all the time in the Flash series, but it would have been weird for Barry to take it down if they were to decide to use it as a base. Maybe they'll just replace it with a more subtle tribute they can show they want, but not have it so obvious in the background all the time.

And if they do use the Hall as a base, we have to see Gleek! (do you think the show has one more Grodd storyline in its budget?)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Eobard doing his Best to ruin Barry and Iris happiness.

Flash328.jpg

I thought Cecile was being the sensible one in the beginning, but then she and Iris had that strange argument. Some of it felt like forced drama to me. Joe's death is still fresh and everyone has to process in their own ways. Plus they're dealing with Despero and another threat to the timeline. I liked Iris' investigation, though, and it was kinda nice to see Dion again, but at the same time, I want them to leave the other Forces in the past.

So where exactly is the Hall of Justice? How inconvenient is it for someone like Jefferson to get there? It's great seeing him back, and all the references to what he's gone through (references to his father's saying and Henderson). It makes the most sense that Jefferson is Barry's accountabili-buddy because of their similar powers and how quickly they bonded when they met. I wonder who else is paired up. Sara and Batwoman? J'onn and Superman?

That ending was intense. I get that we are limited to current cast members and everything, but I was hoping to see Cisco. I wonder how Mia is going to fit into all this?

Flash should have no problem with any supervillain with normal mental and physical speed in the comics. I mean, Captain Boomerang wouldn't be able to use any of his boomerangs if he's already tied up in a bow.
    In a fair fight, sure, but Flash can be ambushed and the city and citizens can be threatened so he has to be even more careful dealing with villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So apparently the Arrowverse Justice League have been fairly active off-screen (don't know where Sara found the time to be on another team giving all the Post-Crisis Legends stuff, but time travel) and fought Felix Faust. And something happened there (presumably Faust whammied someone) that made them enact Injustice protocols in case any of them ever went bad so the other members would be on-hand to stop them. So as to basically prevent the Arrowverse from becoming the Injustice universe.
    It always felt weird to me that they'd include Sara. If anything, it would make more sense for her to be a liaison between the League and the Legends due to her other commitments (and the Legends trying to distance themselves from other hero drama). I don't know much about Injustice, but this reminded me of Tower of Babel. Batman created those protocols after Agamemno switched minds between the heroes and villains.

Would Meta-Dampeners not work? I guess there's always the possibility Barry could just find a way to get it off, but they've been effective against him in the past.
    I think the idea with these protocols is if someone crosses the point of no return. The consequence of that is having their powers taken away permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Real world casting issues or in 2031 has Alex and Kelly split up, or gasp, did Flash kill Kelly? My instant thought during that scene was "where is Kelly?". Also, so Kate has never returned, even by 2031 to be Batwoman? *wink, wink* Dealing with actors you got now, I know.
    Flash killing Kelly would be horrific. I still think it's possible Kate and Ryan can be co-Batwomen or even Kate can be operating as a costumed hero outside Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    You really have a Barry with the beginning interactions with Jefferson, being almost
    hysterical with fear. Injustice? Please, God, no. That whole you are the best of us.
    Nothing against Barry, but well, has Black Lightning never met Superman? Might want
    to brush up on his superhero history.
    I'm wondering if, even Post-Crisis, Superman was just not as involved in crossovers as every one else. Oliver and Jefferson considering Barry the best of them felt very personal, like they were close enough to him and his career to see how positive an impact he had. That would have more meaning to them, even if Superman did more for the world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And if they do use the Hall as a base, we have to see Gleek! (do you think the show has one more Grodd storyline in its budget?)
    Now that we know they've met off-screen, I wonder if they already dealt with Gleek. I still want to see that story.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    So where exactly is the Hall of Justice? How inconvenient is it for someone like Jefferson to get there? It's great seeing him back, and all the references to what he's gone through (references to his father's saying and Henderson). It makes the most sense that Jefferson is Barry's accountabili-buddy because of their similar powers and how quickly they bonded when they met. I wonder who else is paired up. Sara and Batwoman? J'onn and Superman?
    Batwoman was probably Kara's after Crisis.
    It always felt weird to me that they'd include Sara. If anything, it would make more sense for her to be a liaison between the League and the Legends due to her other commitments (and the Legends trying to distance themselves from other hero drama). I don't know much about Injustice, but this reminded me of Tower of Babel. Batman created those protocols after Agamemno switched minds between the heroes and villains.
    Sara at least has experience leading a super-team, and admittedly she seems more game for Superhero stuff than her current teammates.
    I think the idea with these protocols is if someone crosses the point of no return. The consequence of that is having their powers taken away permanently.
    That makes sense.
    Flash killing Kelly would be horrific. I still think it's possible Kate and Ryan can be co-Batwomen or even Kate can be operating as a costumed hero outside Gotham.
    Arrowverse Red Hood ?
    I'm wondering if, even Post-Crisis, Superman was just not as involved in crossovers as every one else. Oliver and Jefferson considering Barry the best of them felt very personal, like they were close enough to him and his career to see how positive an impact he had. That would have more meaning to them, even if Superman did more for the world in general.
    I guess it's possible that Superman was so global he just didn't have time for the original crossovers or to interact with the other heroes until relatively recently.
    Now that we know they've met off-screen, I wonder if they already dealt with Gleek. I still want to see that story.
    Maybe that was their first mission .

New photos are up from Part 4, revealing a major twist!

The photos are all over the internet, but in case anyone here hasn't seen them and wants to be spolier free, I'll just post the link to where you can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    New photos are up from Part 4, revealing a major twist!

The photos are all over the internet, but in case anyone here hasn't seen them and wants to be spolier free, I'll just post the link to where you can see them.
    spoilers:
    So I take it Barry, to the cast, is Reverse-Flash in this timeline while Thawne is Barry.

Y'know, Barry's suit in Reverse-Flash colors is kind of cool, but Tom Cavanagh in The Flash suit .
    end of spoilers

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    The Rogues are geniuses, even though it might not seem that way.
    That's irrelevant, because there are numerous times in the comics where Barry or Wally were bested by them - not from intelligence - but PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    In a fair fight, sure, but Flash can be ambushed and the city and citizens can be threatened so he has to be even more careful dealing with villains.
    I mentioned that in an earlier post myself. That's legitimate. What is not is when Flash is fully aware of the danger and has plenty of time to act, yet still gets knocked out. That was going on in the comics long before most of us were even born and can't be blamed on the CW.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I mentioned that in an earlier post myself. That's legitimate. What is not is when Flash is fully aware of the danger and has plenty of time to act, yet still gets knocked out. That was going on in the comics long before most of us were even born and can't be blamed on the CW.
    That reminds me of the intro to Flashpoint Paradox where I think most of the Rogues surprise Flash when he first showed up.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

That reminds me of the intro to Flashpoint Paradox where I think most of the Rogues surprise Flash when he first showed up.
    Catching him off guard can definitely work. Having Flash run straight towards a Rogue to have one of them hit him with one of their weapons? Yeah, no,.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Catching him off guard can definitely work. Having Flash run straight towards a Rogue to have one of them hit him with one of their weapons? Yeah, no,.
    Yeah, I think the Rogues usually work by disorienting him than taking him in a straight up fight. Mirror Master usually helps with that a lot.

Mighty Member

Great episode. Love the Atom suit.

Two things:

1. Damien Darhk has probably become the most fascinating character in the Arrowverse. A thoroughly reprehensible and evil man who unconditionally loves his daughter and who he has willingly sacrificed himself for on three separate occasions now. And I wish now he had started out as a Flash villain, as he would have fit into that world a lot better than Arrow.

2. Thawne really doesn't look good in the modern-style suit, either version. I can't place my finger on it- maybe it's the texture of the suit, maybe it's how it slims a figure down, while the old suit gave him some bulk. It just looks weird.

I have to admit, this was probably Thawne's most insidious plan yet. Cause a Reverse-Flashpoint, mess with Barry's mind, kill Joe, turn the people against The Flash, then become The Flash and make Barry the villain while stealing his wife, and then finally doing what basically set off the entire series by killing Barry as a baby to erase him from existence. To top it all off we have Barry in a recolored Reverse-Flash suit and Thawne in The Flash suit, complete with a new version of the intro with Thawne!Flash. Simply diabolical.

So in 10 years, this version of Iris and Ryan became best friends and Ryan and Sophie got married and are about to adopt. Wow. Really jumping into things with Batwoman here.

"Team Flash, suit up!" (The only non-members of Team Flash proceed to suit up).

Does Barry have any idea who Ryan is? Because otherwise he's getting his butt kicked by some random black woman in Kate's Batsuit.

You know this is a bad future when Frost and Chillame are a couple having sex at the reception, and we actually have to believe Chillame is a hero.

Barry getting to play Thawne was fun. Obviously he couldn't keep the act up, but it was still fun.

I guess it's not surprising that Thawne would do his buddy Darhk a solid and make sure he was okay (although it sounds like the Legion of Doom were also a thing in this timeline). I liked how he mentioned "anachronisms" and what ultimately made him want to set things right was, of course, Nora. I wonder if he also knew Nora ended up marrying the man he helped kill in this timeline.

Even Thawne's STAR Labs is darker with colder and barely existent lighting. And he's bossing everyone around and being curt with them like Harry, which he seems to really enjoy.

Chester and Allegra having post-D&D sex is...very them. Chester just didn't count on his romantic move of leaving to get breakfast instigating Allegra's commitment issues when she woke up and he wasn't there.

Two-Face doesn't exist in the present-day of Batwoman, they only mentioned Harvey Dent and he seemed squeaky-clean, so is Ryan getting her own Two-Face?

Alex sure took Chester ghosting Allegra personally without knowing the whole story.

"The French Exit." "Returning to the scene of the crime." So Ryan Choi in this timeline is a single Casanova who is best buddies with Chester, but he's secretly extremely lonely. Good thing he'll wake up next to his wife again with Barry correcting the timeline.

"Red Lady?" Did they mean Red Mist?

Caitlin's reaction when she realizes she's the only member of STAR Labs not getting any action.

So Barry did cause Armaggedon, only it was ultimately to course-correct the timeline and fix what Thawne broke, basically making it so that that timeline never existed. I guess that cleans things up.

See, you can do an Atom suit as a normal costume and not a souped-up Iron Man armor! It would be a waste to never see that suit again after it was only on screen for, like, a minute. Although it seems like Ryan only became The Atom because Ray died, so I wonder if they have any present-day plans for him.

I honesty was expecting Barry was going to vibe his Reverse-Flash suit into The Flash suit and somehow create the Gold Boots, since the Reverse-Flash's were red, but I guess not.

So Despero had straight up killed all of the main cast and was about to kill Cecile before Barry fixed everything. He may have had good intentions, but he really doesn't seem like a good guy.

"Joe, it's great to hear your voice! Even though it's completely off-screen and as such we're not giving the audience the actual catharsis of hearing your voice, but still!"

So what's Thawne's game plan now that he's got a more comic-accurate Reverse-Flash costume (no black pants) and is ready to show Barry how to truly screw with the timeline? I guess we'll see next week as Armageddon closes and Mia/Green Arrow II enters the fray.

As much as I liked this episode, and this mini series in general (probably because most of the seasons could have been done better in 5 or six episodes)
    I tire of this.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!