Page 783 of 827 FirstFirst ... 283683733773779780781782783784785786787793 ... LastLast
Results 11,731 to 11,745 of 12392
    Mighty Member

Anyone think that Grant has a cameo in the upcoming Flash movie?

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    FLASH Season 8 Event Poster.

Attachment 115288
    Look at all these Superheroes...and Iris .
    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I hope they acknowledge where Ezra's Flash got the idea for the name from.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Hoping Gustin has a cameo in FLASH movie.

TVLine Interview with Gustin.

https://tvline.com/2021/11/11/the-fl...ageddon-event/

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Grant in the Flash movie would be awesome. John Wesley Shipp in the Flash movie would make me pop out of my chair and cheer at the top of my lungs.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Grant in the Flash movie would be awesome. John Wesley Shipp in the Flash movie would make me pop out of my chair and cheer at the top of my lungs.
    And for a deep cut, Kenny Johnston from the JLA pilot .

Mighty Member

Despero and The Royal Flush Gang. Awesome!

Take a drink every time someone says "leveled up."

So we're doing the periodical "write Frost off so we can only have one version of Caitlin around" thing. Why is Frost so hung up on Chillblaine? Everyone else can see he's terrible.

Are we just going to forget about Caitlin dating Hunter and Julian? It's not like she's been single the whole time Ronnie's been dead. But I guess this is indicating she'll get a romance arc this season. Hopefully it'll be better than Frost's.

So the Citizen has gone from an online newspaper with two employees in a small office to a massive multi-media news organization completely off-screen, with high-grade employees, a refurbished office, and full control since Sue owns the building now. Iris even has her own podcast. I guess this explains why they're doing better than CatCo.

Why is the show still trying to make Kristen Kramer happen? I thought we were finally done with this woman last season, but now suddenly she's still captain and acting like a Metahuman advocate when she was all "cure all the bad ones" last season. What is she even supposed to be about anymore? And she disbands the Metahuman Task Force and then is all "man, if only we still had a Metahuman Task Force." Where the heck is Joe?

Maybe the reason Barry and Iris don't have kids yet is they keep getting interrupted before they can get busy.

It was really nice to see Ray again, and I'm glad they acknowledged Nora and that there's still some mixed feelings from him leaving the Legends, though he tries to keep in touch with Nate. But it's hard to keep track of time travelers (especially when they are or were stuck in the 1920's).

I feel like as a Legend Ray was a Legend first, scientist second, and Superhero third, but it's a very Ray Palmer thing to eventually re-focus purely back on science at some point.

I don't know if Allegra is qualified to be overseeing reporters with more experience than her, even if she's somehow the only one who sees the "peoples" perspective, but those reporters were pretty rude as far as the chain of command in a business go.

The Royal Flush Gang are now closer to the comics in terms of being powered Metas, and apparently they always were thanks to Crisis it seems and they existed around when Barry was in his coma. All those card puns. They were definitely a hot topic looking Royal Flush Gang, but as far as adapting the aesthetic on a TV budget, I think it was decent. Although were they supposed to be a husband and wife with their two kids? I wasn't quite sure how they were connected with each other as a group being King and Queen being a couple.

Cecile seems to have taken over Joe's job of being the resident Team Flash "parent" and giving everyone motivational pep talks. Seriously though, where's Joe?

Legends acted like the best Ray could get in civilian life was working at a dating app company while here it seems like everyone is chomping at the bit to work with him and get on the ground floor to a new PalmerTech.

So it's the first episode so we can actually have Flash show off and deal with disasters in two seconds and beat the Royal Flush gang with Speed Thinking and Flashtime without help. Will they keep this up the whole season? Probably not, but it was fun to watch nevertheless.

I was honestly expecting we wouldn't see Despero's comic form until Part 4 or 5, but we see it from the get-go when he fights Flash. Compared to the CG for Fuerza last season, I felt they did a pretty solid job here, especially for the surprising amount of alien!Despero we got. I smiled when his third eye popped up.

I can't see Despero's belt and not think of Kamen Riders.

It was nice to see Ray as The Atom again and actually getting to do heroic stuff as The Atom compared to when he was on the Legends and barely used the suit (or if he did, it wouldn't work). That scene of him shrinking Barry so they could dodge the car was awesome.

I guess we know what Alex's role in the crossover will be, identifying who Despero is. Although, really, a powerful alien telepath...you'd think their first instinct would to bring in J'onn. Like, Martian Manhunter vs. Despero? Classic matchup.

So is The Flash that destroys Central City and causes Armageddon supposed to be Red Death?

7 Days? So about when the normal Flash episode airs. Now that I think about it, does every Flash episode take place on a Tuesday...?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Fine season premiere. Looking forward to the rest of the story arc. Yes, Frontier, it's nice seeing Ray as a superhero again, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So is The Flash that destroys Central City and causes Armageddon supposed to be Red Death?

7 Days? So about when the normal Flash episode airs. Now that I think about it, does every Flash episode take place on a Tuesday...?
    Probably just Thawne in a red suit playing as Flash.

Show has always been on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Probably just Thawne in a red suit playing as Flash.

Show has always been on Tuesday.
    I thought about a "Return to Barry Allen" situation, which would explain a lot.

I meant the actual events of the episode taking place on a Tuesday.

Incredible Member

The Flash has returned. Some thoughts.

Flash the comic book was very important to me growing up. I first started reading it back in the Cary Bates days.
    I started to read it shortly after Iris was dead, while Barry was mourning her intensely. It made the series real,
    because unlike most series it dealt with pain, suffering, the struggles of everyday life. That Barry Allen was only
    barely holding it together. But I loved him.

When the series came to TV it seemed to have real possibilities. But I have been disappointed to be honest. The show
    has too much man in the chair to it, along with scientific gobbledygook. Last season was very rough. The writing
    was ponderous, the problems confusing, the time travel sections difficult to follow. But new year right. Perhaps
    this time they can pull it back together.

I thought the first episode was frankly an improvement over what we got last season. There weren't all these confusing
    threads to follow. I loved having Ray back, especially with Brandon Routh whose Superman Returns is an underrated film.
    The Superman touches were nice. Especially that scene where Ray is changing into his costume, reminding you of how
    Superman rips off his clothes as Clark Kent to change. I was a little sorry to see he was leaving after one episode, because
    he had good chemistry. I didn't care for all of the Legends of Tomorrow riffs, because to be honest that show has always
    left me cold. We really didn't see how the Atom defeated Despero at first, which seemed to be skimping on special effects.

I've always loved seeing how the Daily Planet works, but I was bored with the struggles of the Central City version. Someone
    can tell me they were invested in it, but it seemed to just clog up air time.

I'm not quite sure what the set to with the Royal Flush Gang was supposed to be about. They appeared, Flash took care of them
    pretty quickly. What was the point?

Like everyone else that whole leveled up bit got old fast. I hope we don't have to listen to it all the time.
    Despero was an interesting villain, in that his purposes seemed motivated by what was wrong in 2031. But really
    why exactly is it incumbent on Flash proving what a great guy he is to Despero. Showing off his secret identity ....
    well that was something. I don't get it myself. Nor do I get the whole search my mind to prove what a great guy
    I am. For a show that loves time travel, it would seem the first priority would be to figure out what has gone on wrong
    with the timeline.

But for a first show of the season it seemed to work, although the Despero sections could use some improvement. The trying
    to get pregnant bit has been going on for a while, but so far nothing. I would think at some point the pregnancy would
    take place, but the writers seem to be delaying it while they can.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 11-17-2021 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the set to with the Royal Flush Gang was supposed to be about. They appeared, Flash took care of them
    pretty quickly. What was the point?
    That was the point. To show that The Flash was active and that he could handily beat the bad guys. So when the Big Bad showed up, it would make him seem more powerful and more of a threat.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    That was the point. To show that The Flash was active and that he could handily beat the bad guys. So when the Big Bad showed up, it would make him seem more powerful and more of a threat.
    Yep. The RFG were just a contrasting technique for the plot. IMO, a successful one, too.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

So, it looks like Flash "leveled up" to be ... as fast as Quicksilver?? (I guess they thought it was finally safe to rip off Q's scene from "DoFP")

It was still nice to see Flash handle a train collision, a prison riot, and an evil super-team single-handedly! (one last parting shot at the "Supergirl" writers )

That was a Season premiere that got me invested, didn't think that'd be possible, with how lame the last Season was.

Always great to see Ray again, missed him. Despero also looks surprisingly fine. Pretty heroic motivation he seems to be having going on there.