Page 675 of 827 FirstFirst ... 175575625665671672673674675676677678679685725775 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 12392
    Astonishing Member

Just another episode where our heroes demonstrated their inability to fight using their powers and the police don't just shoot some bloviating villain from a distance.

Interestingly though, Cicada and the evil crew on Supergirl have a decent point on metas and aliens being NOT such a great contribution society. It's like the vampire books that try to make them such great guys and fitting into society.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Did this episode just look "cheap" to anyone else or was it just me. The effects didn't look good at all. I know they were probably trying to save some money, but it really stuck out to me for some reason this episode. It could be the fact that this was just a poor episode all the way around that made me notice it more. I actually looked up the director to see why this episode was so bad and looking at Sarah Boyd's credits she has done some really good stuff in the past so I can't understand why she made some of the choices she did here. That last seen with Orin in the hospital realizing he had powers and vowing revenge was just so epically beyond cheesy it was painful to even watch.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Did this episode just look "cheap" to anyone else or was it just me. The effects didn't look good at all. I know they were probably trying to save some money, but it really stuck out to me for some reason this episode. It could be the fact that this was just a poor episode all the way around that made me notice it more. I actually looked up the director to see why this episode was so bad and looking at Sarah Boyd's credits she has done some really good stuff in the past so I can't understand why she made some of the choices she did here. That last seen with Orin in the hospital realizing he had powers and vowing revenge was just so epically beyond cheesy it was painful to even watch.
    You mean you aren't a fan of Klein's angry constipation face?

Retired

I thought Klein's acting was good for the whole episode until that last line delivery when he suddenly turns into Vandal Savage. It was weird, but I fault the director not the actor. I'm sure he did a few different takes and they chose the most over the top delivery. Were they trying to sabotage the actor?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    and the police don't just shoot some bloviating villain from a distance.
    Maybe when Joe West comes back to the series, they can put him a chopper with a high-powered rifle shooting the metas from a distance. I seem to recall that the police were much more aggressive and quick to shoot at the villains in the first season. Maybe with the cost of bullets, they aren't doing that because they waste too much money in the city budget as their weapons seem to have no effect.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

What really cracked me up was Barry having the time to get Marsden out of his cell and run him to Star Labs, but he didn't just grab Weather Witch and throw her in the cell instead. That was one of those "oh for christs sake what are you doing?!?" moments.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

FLASH gave Weather Witch an origin upgrade over her comic book origin.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/11/27/...eather-witch-/

Retired

Comics can be goofy how a hero or villain ends up with a power that matches their codename, even though they might get the codename first. But the TV shows seem to double down on this even harder. Somehow, Weather Wizard has a daughter that just happens to gain meta-tech with the same powers as his. Of is it random? Do the people get to choose what the meta-tech does--is it responding to their inner wishes?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Comics can be goofy how a hero or villain ends up with a power that matches their codename, even though they might get the codename first. But the TV shows seem to double down on this even harder. Somehow, Weather Wizard has a daughter that just happens to gain meta-tech with the same powers as his. Of is it random? Do the people get to choose what the meta-tech does--is it responding to their inner wishes?
    Maybe she has daddy issues and that's why she chose to emulate him.

Astonishing Member

I love how Iris is a tech genius user now. Having taught computer usage, I wonder where people who catch on so quick to complex systems are found so easily.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Maybe she has daddy issues and that's why she chose to emulate him.
    Did we miss the part where she explained exactly why she wanted to kill her dad? Yeah, he bailed but that still seems to be an extreme action

Retired

DeVoe seemed to know exactly what powers the bus metas would get before they got them. If only someone could translate that cryptic alphabet he used. He must have known how all this super-power stuff works.

Great 100th episode tonight. I feel like the only person who shot new footage was Hunter Zoloman. (Aside from the main cast I mean) the DeVoe stuff and the weather wizard brothers was old footage wasn't it?
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Mighty Member

I wonder what the Time Bureau on Legends of Tomorrow feels about speedsters going back and forth through time?

another speedster villain for the season bad guy, goddammit!

I kinda wish that they had gotten Matt Letscher to play Eobard again for the prison scene, though they already established that Eobard would go back to Well's face.