Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
Apparently this premiere set a series low record for the show in terms of ratings
Supergirl's weren't much better (or Gotham's).
Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
He thought of Iris and how much he loved her and was instantly cured. Don't expect anything better from this show.
I would've been more surprised if that wasn't how they got Barry out of his funk.
Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
Clearly Iris worked out what would get the Flash back into action, but she never had the chance to lay out her thinking for the audience. I'm guessing that this is playing on the link that the speedsters have to their significant others. Barry is always running home to Iris. She is his lodestar. He is so connected to her that when she is in danger he will find her and save her, no matter what. Iris gets it and knows that to save Barry she has to put herself in danger.

But the show never gives us that. I have to work that out for myself and I still don't know if I've guessed right.
I think that was pretty clearly what they were going for here.
Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
Barry said a few lines that he had said in past seasons. I think barrys mind was twisted by the speed force and he was seeing time out of order. iris in trouble grounded his mind back to the present. Thats how i saw it
Basically this. He seemed to be constantly shifting from different moments in his life, from denying his father killed his mother, saying he's not like Oliver, or stuff other people have said to him.

The stuff about not killing anyone and needing more diapers is the only stuff that's never come up before, probably because it hasn't happened yet.