Page 778 of 827 FirstFirst ... 278678728768774775776777778779780781782788 ... LastLast
Results 11,656 to 11,670 of 12392

Well whenever Barry let him go before, I guess it can be argued he wasn't fast enough to catch him. This time, he clearly outclassed Thawne to the point he could casually knock him on his butt.

Incredible Member

Did anyone catch the explanation on exactly WHY the Godspeed clones were warring against each other???

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course Thawne wouldn't let anyone else kill Barry because that's what he's there for. Thankfully Barry has far surpassed Thawne, who hasn't level grinded in a while, and trounces him, although now Thawne has motivation to boost his power up so he can finally kill The Flash, but I guess that will probably hold over for a while, quite possibly unto the final season/series finale .
    And suddenly, I know exactly how they will be ending the series- with Thawne traveling back in time to kill Barry as a kid, and Barry going back to save himself.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Did anyone catch the explanation on exactly WHY the Godspeed clones were warring against each other???
    Godspeed/Auguts said himself that was part of his plan, to have the clones warring with each other.

The last two episodes were a much more return to form for The Flash. Was a bit bummed that with such a Speedster lineup that Kid Flash couldn't be there for the "party".

Reverse-Flash looking like Wells? Is that cause they couldn't get the other actor who rightly looks like Thrawne cause when Thrawne came to the past he used that device to take Wells look.

Can we stop with the Mecha-Vibe. For a guy whose schtick has been naming the bad guys I can't believe you're rolling with Mecha-Vibe Cisco.

Renewal of wedding vows? Really? That came out of left field I felt like. Over on legends we are also doing the wedding thing as an undercurrent sub-plot. *sigh*

Last week the tossing out of Zauriel was nothing more than a comic nod, right? It's not like Zauriel and Flash share some JLA bond. At least not that I recall, haven't read those 90s issues in some time.

I'd still be quite ok if the show goes out at season 8.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Reverse-Flash looking like Wells? Is that cause they couldn't get the other actor who rightly looks like Thrawne cause when Thrawne came to the past he used that device to take Wells look.
    It's Thawne, not Thrawne. Although I can't blame you for confusing the two, what with the lightsabers this episode

Matt Letscher. Apparently, he was in 'The Speed of Thought' earlier this season. Maybe they couldn't get due to scheduleing.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Mecha-Vibe :P
    Yes -- I stand corrected. Not any better. Just a terrible name.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yes -- I stand corrected. Not any better. Just a terrible name.
    It takes me out of it whenever someone actually says "Mecha-Vibe."

The speed force swords was cool.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The speed force swords was cool.
    Yeah, I see people knocking them on Facebook and such, but the Speed Force lightning blades (and Speed Force constructs in general) were cool to me. I also loved that this was the one season that ended on a rather happy note for the characters, after six years of season finales that either ended on a downer note or as cliffhangers heavily foreshadowing worse to come for everyone . . . at least Barry and Iris got to renew their vows in peace.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

so what happened to the other forces?

Quote Originally Posted by MacrossPlus View Post
    so what happened to the other forces?
    In-universe they were keeping the universe together while the Godspeeds were messing with the Speed Force.

I definitely liked the second part of the season more than the first. The Forces were weird, but Nora and Bart were great (and they did call him Impulse this time around). He may not have gone full hyperactive Impulse, but I do like how he couldn't stand still and was kind of jittery (maybe he was conceived at Jitters?). I feel like we spent way too short a time with the Flash family, and we didn't get Wally or Jesse (but we did see Speed Force-powered Iris). I liked seeing the family vs. the Godspeeds and showing off their unique abilities. I think I liked Bart's speed throwing stars the best, which might be why I didn't like the speed swords in the final battle that much.

So they needed Thawne because his negative Speed Force messed with Godspeed?

The vow renewal was a nice sentiment, but it was just an excuse to have a big, happy ending with everyone and to show off Jordan Fisher's singing. It was entertaining, but I would've preferred more character moments.

I kind of liked the Kramer reveal, but that's because at first I was worried we would get another speedster.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I expected Thawne to crash the wedding with his own wife and kid (Inertia)...
    Would he be married to Reverse Iris?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Of course Thawne wouldn't let anyone else kill Barry because that's what he's there for. Thankfully Barry has far surpassed Thawne, who hasn't level grinded in a while, and trounces him, although now Thawne has motivation to boost his power up so he can finally kill The Flash, but I guess that will probably hold over for a while, quite possibly unto the final season/series finale .
    Or until Cavanaugh becomes available again.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    And suddenly, I know exactly how they will be ending the series- with Thawne traveling back in time to kill Barry as a kid, and Barry going back to save himself.
    I can see them doing some sort of back to the beginning thing for the series finale. Although I've been wondering if Flash just lets Thawne go around messing with the timestream because he knows time travel has a way to come back and bite you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Last week the tossing out of Zauriel was nothing more than a comic nod, right? It's not like Zauriel and Flash share some JLA bond. At least not that I recall, haven't read those 90s issues in some time.
    At first I thought it was because the church interior had Zauriel's colors, but it was actually colored like Godspeed. Weird reference to throw out just to throw out, but "Zauriel Cathedral" sounds better than "The Spectre Cathedral".

Heart's acting was just cringey. Just like the final Wedding Renewal scene.....just too much.

But hey, Speed Lightsaber battle, that at least was somewhat entertaining.

But yeah, overall this Season sucked. Majorly. The Godspeed half was a bit better, but the Forces half is by far the worst Arc to ever come out of this Series. Makes even Season 4 look like a masterpiece.

I guess the only thing still worthwhile to watch now is the final battle between Barry and Thawne.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Heart's acting was just cringey. Just like the final Wedding Renewal scene.....just too much.

But hey, Speed Lightsaber battle, that at least was somewhat entertaining.

But yeah, overall this Season sucked. Majorly. The Godspeed half was a bit better, but the Forces half is by far the worst Arc to ever come out of this Series. Makes even Season 4 look like a masterpiece.

I guess the only thing still worthwhile to watch now is the final battle between Barry and Thawne.
    Would you say it was better than season 5 at least?

I didn't hate Season 5. Did you think Season 5 was worse than Season 4?