Page 625 of 827 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626627628629635675725 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 12392
    Astonishing Member

Well we haven't explicitly had a magic villain yet. Barring Abra Kadabra's technological trickery and Savitar pretending to be a God.

I think that'd be fun to see on Flash given how much it goes against all of Team Flash's skill sets and understanding of things.

Though I don't doubt we'll be seeing Speedstrers and Speedster villains more and more as well.

BANNED

Guessing before the season is done, DeVoe is going to end up in his original body. Bet you a chocolate shake.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Well we haven't explicitly had a magic villain yet. Barring Abra Kadabra's technological trickery and Savitar pretending to be a God.

I think that'd be fun to see on Flash given how much it goes against all of Team Flash's skill sets and understanding of things.

Though I don't doubt we'll be seeing Speedstrers and Speedster villains more and more as well.
    I guess you could say Music Meister was, but that's more reality warping.

BANNED

I will never be able to not chuckle at the idea that if you move your feet fast enough, you won't sink on water. It's like flat earth science.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I will never be able to not chuckle at the idea that if you move your feet fast enough, you won't sink on water. It's like flat earth science.
    Until it's proven that it's impossible, I say humbug to you, sir!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Mighty Member

Iris switching clothes with Caitlin at super speed was hysterical.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    See, that's where the Steve Austin slo-mo thing could have come in handy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Just think of it like stones skipping across a pond. Just don't think about it too hard
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Just saw the episode and thought it was fun.

I wouldn't mind them going against a supernatural threat next but Trigon is probably going to be used in Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Just saw the episode and thought it was fun.

I wouldn't mind them going against a supernatural threat next but Trigon is probably going to be used in Titans.
    I think its been confirmed that they will be doing that whole arc thing with Raven and Trigon in it.

Melting Point is a good guy. Just wants to help people is all. Hopefully he doesn't get brain-drained like the others did. And overall, a fun episode.

Retired

They seem to have anticpated a lot of misgivings about Iris and dealt with them in a satisfactory way. However, I wonder why the team needs a de facto leader. It seems to me each person on the team has a role and they step up when they are needed to lead. Making Iris the so-called leader seems like a made-up title, just so she would feel like the others respect her.

If anyone should be the leader it's the Flash--it's his show. But it would be much better if they got away from that idea and approached the whole team as an organic group of people working together in harmony. I think the leadership thing is the big problem with Team Arrow right now. On LEGENDS, I guess they need a captain, but the good thing about LOT is that every member is respected equally. SUPERGIRL doesn't really have one leader per se. J'Onn has some leadership duties, but so does Alex and so does Supergirl.

With Ralph, it feels like there was a moment in the season when they got his character just right but then they lost it. He can't be too silly, but he can't be too serious. It seems like he's been directed to tone it down and be sombre and that just makes him boring. We didn't even see any super-powers from him this time.

Matt Kim appears to be a good guy. Maybe too good. I don't trust him. Getting him inside STAR might be part of DeVoe's plan. If Ralph really is so scared, then he should just trade his powers with someone else. Problem solved.

And what happened to the Dibny & Allen Detective Agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Just think of it like stones skipping across a pond. Just don't think about it too hard
    You can also drive on water if you go fast enough.

Why does the team automatically assume the last three Bus Metas are "innocent?" I mean, they don't deserve what DeVoe has in store for them, but only 3-4 of them in total haven't ended up becoming criminals. Sure, Melting Point turned out to be a pretty okay guy, but then right after him we get a female thief.

I'm guessing their keeping Joe tight-lipped about what they plan on naming the baby because the name will be something comic fans will recognize.

Pyro #1 really makes you wonder how much of a problem Metahumans are for the world at large that doesn't have Superheroes like The Flash to fight them. I mean, aside from Green Arrow in Star City, who else is there? The Hawks?

Matthew pulling that knife on Iris felt really out-of-nowhere and out of character, especially since they completely dropped that fact after he transferred their powers back. I guess they needed an excuse for Barry to come running in so he could transfer their powers.

It must've felt a little full-circle for Barry to be the Wells/Thawne to Iris' season 1 Barry.

It was nice to have the show finally address what happened to Iris' other job. I actually missed her being a reporter.

Why does Iris with speed automatically make her The Flash? Can't she have an original codename?

There's got to be more of a drawback to using the Thinking Cap, because I can't see why Team Flash won't just keep using it to provide them the solution they need to every predicament they find themselves in unless there isn't. I wonder if, even without the Dark Matter, there's the possibility of the person's body still buckling under the strain like DeVoe's ended up doing?

Barry never created his own mini tsunami before but, given he directed Iris in pulling it off, it doesn't seem like something he couldn't pull off if he needed too. But Iris still deserved the praise .

Now that Matthew is helping out Team Flash, how long before he inevitably learns Barry's identity? I was almost surprised Barry didn't use Matthew agreeing to help as an excuse to take his mask off.

So I guess it's back-to-basics for Iris as she starts up a Flash blog again. I wonder if this will end with her working at the Central City Picture News again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the mystery girl plot carried over to the next season. They always seem to leave the season on a cliffhanger that gets wrapped up in the first episode of the next season. But there should really be a long term plot that carries over the whole run of the show. I guess Barry and Iris falling in love and getting married was the bigger arc that united all four seasons--but now that's done, they need another larger target.
    Maybe the Crisis where Barry and Thawne have their final fight and go back in time to start the time loop?
    Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

I'm still wondering if we'll ever get Arrowverze Zatanna...
    Guessing before the season is done, DeVoe is going to end up in his original body. Bet you a chocolate shake.
    I think he's probably going to use Ralph's powers to mold himself into his original body.
    Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    You've got to wonder what that feels like, especially since it's the second time Caitlin's been super-sped into new clothes by a Speedster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Melting Point is a good guy. Just wants to help people is all. Hopefully he doesn't get brain-drained like the others did. And overall, a fun episode.
    I think that just makes it more likely DeVoe is going to switch minds with him. He's always moved into the good Bus Metas, if only to rub it in Team Flash's face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They seem to have anticpated a lot of misgivings about Iris and dealt with them in a satisfactory way. However, I wonder why the team needs a de facto leader. It seems to me each person on the team has a role and they step up when they are needed to lead. Making Iris the so-called leader seems like a made-up title, just so she would feel like the others respect her.
    I mean, she basically just tells them to do the stuff they seemed to do just fine on their own in the past few seasons.

I think the whole "Iris as leader" thing started with Team Flash just humoring her after Barry vanished into the Speed Force and then grew from there.

Barry's always felt like the head of Team Flash, more or less, especially once Thawne was gone but he's always felt like more of a hands-off leader or the kind of leader who just gives the team a general mission statement or objective while counting on his team to come up with the solution on their own.
    If anyone should be the leader it's the Flash--it's his show. But it would be much better if they got away from that idea and approached the whole team as an organic group of people working together in harmony. I think the leadership thing is the big problem with Team Arrow right now. On LEGENDS, I guess they need a captain, but the good thing about LOT is that every member is respected equally. SUPERGIRL doesn't really have one leader per se. J'Onn has some leadership duties, but so does Alex and so does Supergirl.
    I don't think Oliver's leadership on Arrow is a problem so much as the constant need to have other characters challenge it which sometimes make Ollie or said character look bad as a result.
    With Ralph, it feels like there was a moment in the season when they got his character just right but then they lost it. He can't be too silly, but he can't be too serious. It seems like he's been directed to tone it down and be sombre and that just makes him boring. We didn't even see any super-powers from him this time.
    Hopefully in season 5 they can give him a non-"Ralph doesn't want to be a hero anymore" plot, because this is like the third or fourth time he's wimped out on being a hero.

Not that I don't blame him for fearing for his life, but it does make him come off as too flaky at this point.
    And what happened to the Dibny & Allen Detective Agency?
    I was wondering if they were going to do something with that, but it seems like Barry is still more focused on getting his job with CCPD back.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I have a new theory about who the mystery speedster girl is! The producer said that no one has guessed it yet, right? But that we've gotten kind of close.

spoilers:
    I think we're right about her coming from the future, obviously... but how far into the future? What if it's just about twenty some odd years? What if this is Cecille and Joe's daughter? Not exactly a bad guy, but a genderbent version of Daniel West? Danielle West?
    end of spoilers
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

So let me get this straight, you have a fire-based meta, and Iris (who has no experience using her powers), AND you have a teammate who has the power to literally SHOOT ICE out of her hands, AND you put her on "fire duty," and yet she does nothing (Cisco neither) and Iris just goes in alone? You're kidding me right? I mean I know that this show has struggled to find things for Caitlin/KF to do a lot, but this was ridiculous.

What's the point of giving her powers if she barely gets to use them, even in situations where it'd make perfect sense to do so?