Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Thoughts on the episode.

It felt as the setup show for the rest of the series. That can have its own value, but so many
    things were set in motion without a conclusion.

Blackouts were a common theme. Flash was engaging in action, then everything skipped forward,
    with him having to catch up. It created a sense for the viewer as to whether it was real or not. Who has
    it right Flash or his friends, lovers who are saying why can't you remember? Is someone screwing with the
    timeline or has Flash really lost it? I hope to see Joe West again.

I know that lots of people like a supervillain that they can sink their teeth into. I like the actor, but the Despero
    character is already annoying me. I don't know why whatever he says is immediately believed. His good intentions
    are also bought into a little too easily.

The ending of the STAR labs was done well. Although it seems a bit odd moving their operation into someone's house.
    At least they didn't pretend it was all going to be perfect. I found Chester's (or I guess Chuck) claim of this is how
    I became a pacifist a little lame. Let's be honest. If Flash needs a weapon from him, it will be designed.

One thing that felt missing to me was Barry and Iris really talking all this out. She seemed to be cut out of the rush
    to the Hall of Heroes bit. I mean she is his wife. You would think that there would be a conversation, just between the
    two of them. Their intimacy as a couple is often on the show implied, without really being shown.

I also wonder when Barry will get his footing as the Flash. In the first two episodes Despero's tactics have left him
    flatfooted several times. Does that only occur in episode 5? But perhaps next week our favorite speedster will start to get
    his footing. So far at least it doesn't feel like much of a crossover, just an occasional guest star.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 11-24-2021 at 10:39 AM.