Page 712 of 827 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722762812 ... LastLast
Results 10,666 to 10,680 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    They could do that, too, but would Barry's parents still look exactly like them?

My preference is Jay being a retired mentor, but then I prefer Wally to Barry, too. I was a Flash reader during the 90s...

(That said, pretty much every depiction of live-action Barry has been an amalgam of him and Wally's characteristics.)
    And my insane preference is a merged single Earth with a new history that has Jay as a part of the 1940's JSA alongside with those introduced in Legends of Tomorrow and maybe have them stuck in some Ragnarok pocket dimension so that Infinity Inc (made up of some of the wasted characters like Atom Smasher) could fill the void in the 80's and then have Tyler Hoechlin's Superman emerge in the 00's (giving him the same history as Tom Welling's Clark Kent). Then Jay can emerge in present day with limited powers to serve as Barry's mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    The Flash writers can't not self-sabotage, though, so they've obviously thrown in another awful Big Bad. I already don't give a damn about Bloodwork (whoever the hell that is) and I was super duper irritated with the basic idea that the dude basically found a cure for cancer and Caitlyn dismissed him because the cure might make that person a metahuman and they wouldn't have a choice for some unknown reason. How bloody stupid is that?
    Because of December's Crisis, I feel like going light on the Big Bad may be a smart idea. Actually, assuming Bloodwork will be around all season, they could have waited to introduce him in January.

Wow, Jay saying Barry made the right move time-travelling? Things sure do change.

I should've figured they'd use Nora's actress to play Joan, since Henry is Jay. But it was really nice to see the Garrick's in live-action, as awkward as it was for Barry. Not sure that's the kind of "meet the parents" moment Iris was expecting either.

Those were some tight pants Ultraviolet was wearing .

So is this mysterious organization (Spyral?) using Metahumans going to tie-in to the mystery of where Sue is? Will they take over as the main antagonists of the second half after Bloodwork is taken care of?

I hope Cecile is a better Metahuman defense attorney then she was when she defended Barry. Although now I have to wonder how skewed the legal system has been against Metahumans all these years. Could also be an interesting conflict if Cecile represents one of the more established Flash villains or someone Joe is convinced is guilty.

Bloodwork feels so divorced from the overall Crisis and main plot that I completely forgot about him until the ending scene. I guess next episode is going to fix that by having Ramsey actually meet Barry. So can his miracle cure also "cure" death? Albeit by making the person into a zombie with super strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, Jay saying Barry made the right move time-travelling? Things sure do change.

I should've figured they'd use Nora's actress to play Joan, since Henry is Jay. But it was really nice to see the Garrick's in live-action, as awkward as it was for Barry. Not sure that's the kind of "meet the parents" moment Iris was expecting either.

So is this mysterious organization (Spyral?) using Metahumans going to tie-in to the mystery of where Sue is? Will they take over as the main antagonists of the second half after Bloodwork is taken care of?

I hope Cecile is a better Metahuman defense attorney then she was when she defended Barry. Although now I have to wonder how skewed the legal system has been against Metahumans all these years. Could also be an interesting conflict if Cecile represents one of the more established Flash villains or someone Joe is convinced is guilty.

Bloodwork feels so divorced from the overall Crisis and main plot that I completely forgot about him until the ending scene. I guess next episode is going to fix that by having Ramsey actually meet Barry. So can his miracle cure also "cure" death? Albeit by making the person into a zombie with super strength?
    For the metas;
    Other than Flash, and a bare few others that are barely seen in public, most metahumans the public comes across tend to be destructive criminals. Obviously not all of them, but its far from the first time that kind of discrimination has popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Yet again this show underused JWS as Jay.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yet again this show underused JWS as Jay.
    I'm just glad they remembered him in this episode, and actually used Joan.

Mighty Member

I liked Ralph's line where he referred to the Monitor as a Asgardian cosplayer.

Eternium? As in the Rock of Eternity and Shazam?

BANNED

I would have thought that Barry would travel to some other worlds and see what was going on there and whether he could help but perhaps he feels that he can't take such risks when only he can save the world by dying in the crisis. Makes me speculate just what would happen if he died before the crisis. Perhaps it would cause the time stream itself to crash as there are only so many times it can be changed. Speaking of the episode nothing stands out except for bloodwork and Barry's interaction. Seeing that zombies are going to feature presumably wonder if blackest night isn't going to be name-dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I would have thought that Barry would travel to some other worlds and see what was going on there and whether he could help but perhaps he feels that he can't take such risks when only he can save the world by dying in the crisis. Makes me speculate just what would happen if he died before the crisis. Perhaps it would cause the time stream itself to crash as there are only so many times it can be changed. Speaking of the episode nothing stands out except for bloodwork and Barry's interaction. Seeing that zombies are going to feature presumably wonder if blackest night isn't going to be name-dropped.
    I wonder if Cisco will drop a "Thriller" reference during it.

Relatively uneventful episode, but I liked it.

Barry's interactions with Ramsay were nice. Killer Frost too, although I am missing her voice effects.

I feel like Amy Pietz is too young to play Ralph's mother, but maybe she just looks good for her age.

So we get a new Wells in this Nash guy. He seems to have some contempt for the Council of Wellses. That's definitely something different, he's more out for himself and doesn't seem to want to help Team Flash at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I wonder if Cisco will drop a "Thriller" reference during it.
    Speaking of zombie references, I wonder if the name "Mitch Romero" was a reference to Night of the Living Dead director George Romero? Also there was a reference to George Perez and Marv Wolfman in Ralph's mother's ex Marv Perez. We're not even at Crisis and they're making references to them? Feels a little soon, but maybe we'll get a George Wolfman somewhere.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Because of December's Crisis, I feel like going light on the Big Bad may be a smart idea. Actually, assuming Bloodwork will be around all season, they could have waited to introduce him in January.
    The showrunner has been qouted as saying Bloodwork's story wraps up before Crisis and when they come back after Crisis they will be on to a new story and villain.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    The showrunner has been qouted as saying Bloodwork's story wraps up before Crisis and when they come back after Crisis they will be on to a new story and villain.
    That makes sense. This episode showed Bloodwork is a sort of dark mirror to Barry's outlook on dying. Barry accepts it, Bloodwork wants to fight it. If Barry dies (or "dies") in Crisis that plot point is over and Bloodwork wouldn't be needed any more. They could re-purpose him, but better to end his storyline before Crisis and bring in a new story/villain after Crisis, which apparently is the plan anyway.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

I feel like Amy Pietz is too young to play Ralph's mother, but maybe she just looks good for her age.
    It is close with her being 50 and Hartley Sawer being 34. If she got knocked up at 15 or 16 it lines up.

Actors age isn't necessarily characters age.

Hartley can easily pass as a few years younger.