Page 681 of 827 FirstFirst ... 181581631671677678679680681682683684685691731781 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,215 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    So Cisco wants a normal life but he can't have one as long as he has powers. Why exactly? All he has to do is just walk away. No one is forcing him to stay and use his powers. It really is that simple. Instead he is going to mess around and create something that we all know is either going to go very wrong or fall into the hands of someone it shouldn't.
    I don't understand that. Barry has a normal life, is married and has a child. Just seems like a plot device to cause something really bad to happen in a future episode. Worse than Leonard Snart stealing the cold gun.
    What if Barry's powers get taken away?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Man, what a boring episode. I hate the whole meta tech nonsense, the villain was a total snooze and Sisko and Caitlin's dilemma makes no sense whatsoever as everybody but the writers understand. The Flash is up there with Superman as my favourite superhero but this again earns its place as by far my least favourite of the 3 CW DC shows I watch (Legends and Supergirl holding the number 1 and 2 spot respectively).

This show clearly just needs a huge shakeup behind the scenes. Seriously, they reintroduced Thawne and set up a mysterious relationship between him and the Flash's daughter so why the hell was this just so dull?
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Ultimate Member

So that salute was enough to ID Silver Ghost as military...? Yeesh

Ultimate Member

So Cisco wants a normal life but he can't have one as long as he has powers. Why exactly? All he has to do is just walk away. No one is forcing him to stay and use his powers. It really is that simple. Instead he is going to mess around and create something that we all know is either going to go very wrong or fall into the hands of someone it shouldn't.
    Seriously. It ain't like he's always on the front lines, either. Spider-Man, he ain't

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Silver Ghost was a Bronze Age villain who battle the Freedom Fighters.

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Raphael_Van_Zandt_(Earth-X)

FF#2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Isn't it obvious that Cisco's meta cure will, at some point, be used to take Barry's power away?

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Retired

With year five I've got a bad feelling they're breaking up that old gang of mine. Cisco is talking about settling down and raising a family, having a normal life, sounds to me like he's getting ready to leave THE FLASH behind. Maybe Carlos Valdes want to pursue other options.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

What I am hoping is this is not a return to emo Cisco. I can see it playing out that they make this 'cure' some outside forces get wind of it and start using it on metas by force, cleanse humanity sorta thing, biting on some current Supergirl story ish and then Cisco is left feeling all bad for multiple episodes about his hand in it all.

Be it this season or something that lingers next season

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I don't understand that. Barry has a normal life, is married and has a child. Just seems like a plot device to cause something really bad to happen in a future episode. Worse than Leonard Snart stealing the cold gun.
    I can see where Cisco's powers could by a psychological drain on him. He's been called on countless times to open some windows into some pretty horrible realities.

Also, it's been revealed that Barry will disappear before he has the opportunity to raise his daughter. So that could be a factor weighing heavily on Cisco, too.

Retired

I wonder where in the timeline Nora's Eobard Thawne is from. Has he already lived through the Crisis on Infinite Earths or has he not gone through that yet?

I'm hoping that COiE is always in the minds of the writers and they are writing this season in relation to that event. This would give Thawne some motivation to save the multiverse. He may be a bad guy but he doesn't want everything to be destroyed. And he knows that there is a Crisis (he saw it enough times in that newspaper), so he could be manipulating Nora for a good reason, to prevent the destruction of everything.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I wonder where in the timeline Nora's Eobard Thawne is from. Has he already lived through the Crisis on Infinite Earths or has he not gone through that yet?

I'm hoping that COiE is always in the minds of the writers and they are writing this season in relation to that event. This would give Thawne some motivation to save the multiverse. He may be a bad guy but he doesn't want everything to be destroyed. And he knows that there is a Crisis (he saw it enough times in that newspaper), so he could be manipulating Nora for a good reason, to prevent the destruction of everything.
    It's certainly possible. On the flip side, Eobard seems to survive whatever changes hit the multiverse intact. He even survived the temporal anomaly that should make his very existence impossible. His priority might be getting to be the one responsible for Barry's disappearance.

Also, not only is the death penalty still around in the future, but apparently they put a clock in the prisoner's cell counting down to the moment of their execution...

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I just hope at some point they explain why Thawne is wearing Well's face again. Thawne is too much of an ego maniac to take on Well's face again without a reason. Maybe Thawne cheats death by jumping into the body of Sherlocke or something and that is why he is now stuck with Well's face.

I just hope at some point they explain why Thawne is wearing Well's face again. Thawne is too much of an ego maniac to take on Well's face again without a reason. Maybe Thawne cheats death by jumping into the body of Sherlocke or something and that is why he is now stuck with Well's face.
    They probably just hope no one notices. Sort of like how no one noticed that the Batman in Batman 1989 and Batman Returns looked different than in Batman Forever, and then different in Batman & Robin.
    Even though Alfred and Commissioner Gordon looked the same, and Robin looked the same in the last two.

They probably just hope no one notices. Sort of like how no one noticed that the Batman in Batman 1989 and Batman Returns looked different than in Batman Forever, and then different in Batman & Robin.
    Even though Alfred and Commissioner Gordon looked the same, and Robin looked the same in the last two.
    Those were recast and it was never treated as they had other faces. This is a face Thawne had on screen and he desperately wanted free of so why go back? I know there was the throw away line in Crisis-X he wanted to mess with Barry but he's in a time period where Barry is MIA and presumed dead so it makes no sense.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

That Waynetech car that was the McGuffin of the most recent episode...it was essentially...a possible Batmobile?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014