Page 679 of 827 FirstFirst ... 179579629669675676677678679680681682683689729779 ... LastLast
Results 10,171 to 10,185 of 12392
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    but the Flash works best when it's - if you'll excuse the pun - zippy and fun and when it's borrowing some of that bonkers, Silver Age madness from Legends
    As long as it's only "some" and not "all" from LoT.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

I feel like CW didn't put up as much money for this crossover as they did for Earth-X. A smaller cast of characters, not as many effects, three shows instead of four. But if that's true, it seems crazy because didn't last year's crossover get high ratings? I know that it takes a lot of time and it's more costly to do the crossovers, but if they get more bang for their buck, surely it justifies a higher budget.

One year I'd like to see an episode where we get everything--all the major super-heroes from each show, including Superman and Martian Manhunter--against some big name DC villiains. Perhaps, if there is an actual Crisis on Infinite Earths, that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I feel like CW didn't put up as much money for this crossover as they did for Earth-X. A smaller cast of characters, not as many effects, three shows instead of four. But if that's true, it seems crazy because didn't last year's crossover get high ratings? I know that it takes a lot of time and it's more costly to do the crossovers, but if they get more bang for their buck, surely it justifies a higher budget.

One year I'd like to see an episode where we get everything--all the major super-heroes from each show, including Superman and Martian Manhunter--against some big name DC villiains. Perhaps, if there is an actual Crisis on Infinite Earths, that will happen.
    I am thankful the Legends are not included in this year’s crossover. The way that they have butchered Ray Palmer and now John Constantine.......yeah just stick to your own show.
    I think this year’s crossover is way better than last year’s, but that’s just my opinion.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I am thankful the Legends are not included in this year’s crossover. The way that they have butchered Ray Palmer and now John Constantine.......yeah just stick to your own show.
    It's too Batman '66 at this point to be included in any crossover at this point, IMO.

I think this year’s crossover is way better than last year’s, but that’s just my opinion.
    I have enjoyed all of them, but I have been liking this one myself the most so far.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm certainly not going to agree with you guys on Legends. It is, by a huge distance, my favourite of these shows - though this season of Supergirl has closed the gap quite admirably. It is the least related to the comics, it's true, but it works best as a show. Anyway, as for the crossover, I haven't watched Arrow yet but the first part was really on point and I totally understand why they went relatively smaller this year. I don't think it's a budget thing. Apparently last year's crossover nearly destroyed everyone involved as it was such an ambitious project to pull off on a group of four network TV shows that already have 18 to 22 episodes to shoot individually; all of which have big casts and plenty of special effects. It's easy to take last year's crossover for granted but it was clearly an insane undertaking.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

I have heard the cast talk about all the problems involved with shooting the crossover and I'm sympathetic. But the thing that solves that problem is money. If they have the money, they can expand the shooting schedule and give the crew and cast the time they need to make the crossover. It's clear that whoever holds the purse-strings is not willing to give them that budget and that time.

CW wants to get all they can out of the crossover, but they want to do it on a regular season schedule. If it's really such a ratings juggernaut and helps promote the CW, then the crossover should have its own budget and time alotted for shooting just those episodes, so they can do a proper job.

I like this crossover well enough for what it is, but it seems to me they must have plotted it so they could work around the schedules of the shows and do more with less. The first part was pretty off the wall funny--and certainly within the wheelhouse of the Legends. I don't mind them not being there for this story, though, because it's really a Brave & Bold team-up, with Supergirl added in for extra flavour.

And I imagine if they had the Legends, then they would be doing a different kind of plotline. My main concern is that LEGENDS OF TOMORROW won't get the ratings boost and it's now the red-headed stepchild of the Arrowverse.

I don't want to be one of those complaining about Batwoman's hair. I know it's a wig and it doesn't have to look real or work like real hair, but it started to bother me that the hair always swoops over her forehead. I think it would look better if the hair was swept back sometimes. It's like Kate has sprayed her comb-over with Miss Breck so it will never move no matter how much she twists and turns.

Seeing Feliciity and Diaz reminded me of why I didn't want to watch ARROW this season (that plus no Captain Lance). I guess I'll have to binge it at some point, but I don't want to go back into all that depressing relationship drama. It makes me appreciate THE FLASH, because this series has moved on from always splitting up Barry and Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I really like Legends Season One and Thought it had potential but the Ray and Nate comedy act got old within 5 minutes and I've given up on Ray ever becoming the hero he should be honestly its like the writers thought he was Booster Gold. Yeah now Constantine its amazing how I went from really liking the show to can't standing it.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-11-2018 at 12:18 PM.

Well that's your loss. I thought Legends Season 1 was half-assed, overpretentious bullshit. The show really took a turn for the better since the zany stuff.

As for the Flash, it was always best when it found the middle ground between dark and lighthearted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Well that's your loss. I thought Legends Season 1 was half-assed, overpretentious bullshit. The show really took a turn for the better since the zany stuff.

As for the Flash, it was always best when it found the middle ground between dark and lighthearted.
    Yup, yup and yup again.

It biggles my mind how anyone can prefer Legends S1 to what comes next. It was just so... bleh.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Yup, yup and yup again.

It biggles my mind how anyone can prefer Legends S1 to what comes next. It was just so... bleh.
    "Biggles?"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    "Biggles?"

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Yeah, you know, the British war character.

Or a typo.

Yup, yup and yup again.

I actually thought Season 2 was the best, FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

And I think Legends has gone from Zany in season 2 to pure cringe and embarrassment and turned characters who should had been heavy hitters into jokes and happy Wally has dodge the Legends bullet.

Flash IMO was Great Season 1, Good in Season 2, OK in Season 3, Almost unwatchable in Season 4 and better in Season 5 but not as good as Seasons 1 and 2.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 12-11-2018 at 12:18 PM.

I have to agree, legends is getting a little too self indulgent for my tastes; I like Constantine, and the mythic angle, but the time bureau stuff isn’t interesting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    And I think Legends has gone from Zany in season 2 to pure cringe and embarrassment and turned characters who should had been heavy hitters into jokes and happy Wally has dodge the Legends bullet.

Flash IMO was Great Season 1, Good in Season 2, OK in Season 3, Almost unwatchable in Season 4 and better in Season 5 but not as good as Seasons 1 and 2.
    Agreed on all accounts.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!