Page 2 of 827 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

*Fingers Crossed* I'm hoping that this new 'Justice League' push by WB for the movies doesn't mean they do what they always do and go 'Oh no, this would confuse viewers too much' and pull the permission for a series. I find it really weird that, with the success of Arrow, that they've taken the round-about way of doing a pilot instead of just doing a short series order like almost everything else gets, then expanding it if everything goes well.

Member in Disguise

As much as I'd love for the show to succeed, you simply can't do the Rogue's Gallery on a TV budget (at least not accurately). This means either:

1. You'll see vastly different (normalized) versions of the Rogues
    2. You won't see any Rogues at all, simply random bad guys
    3. You'll see one, maybe two Rogues at most

Arrow got around the 'powers = lots of not-cheap VFX' by making darn near everyone super strong, which can be presented on-screen easily with little to no VFX. Not sure how Flash will tackle that, but they'll have to; while a 'normal' hero can take on powered bad guys, the opposite (a powered hero taking on normal bad guys) will get lame really fast (pun intended).
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Eh, they managed to do Superman decently well, no reason they can't do Flash. Really the only one who would take a big budget to do well is Grodd. He'd prolly end up looking as lame as Smallvile's Doomsday. But Captain Cold doesn't require much more money than they are spending every week on Arrow's cgi arrows. A blue Star Trek beam gun and some cgi ice, nothing expensive.
    Last edited by MichaelC; 05-01-2014 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Eh, they managed to do Superman decently well, no reason they can't do Flash. Really the only one who would take a big budget to do well is Grodd. He'd prolly end up looking as lame as Smallvile's Doomsday. But Captain Cold doesn't require much more money than they are spending every week on Arrow's cgi arrows. A blue Star Trek beam gun and some cgi ice, nothing expensive.
    I personally don't think Doomsday looked that bad in Smallville; could've been a lot better, sure, but wasn't nearly as bad as it might've been and was glad, despite the Jaws analogies Sam Witwer seemed to be making at the time, which made me worry he wouldn't be shown at all.

Maybe a sentient, English speaking gorilla like Grodd could come off as silly, and I would say that the Justice League animated series seemed to pull it off, but live action is indeed a fairly different medium.

It depends how they do it exactly. Someone wearing a good suit. Use a lot of shadows. Use CGI. Have the speaking not be from mouth, but mind stuff, and do rest, with costume/CGI.

I don't know, we shall see what they can do.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    As soon as the casting was announced (months ago) it was obvious to me that the rumors of a race swap in the comic were true. Both companies are trying to have the comics and TV shows / movies be similar in hopes of drawing crossover fans.
    Yeah, that sort of cross polination, I believe is the term, happens here and there, now and again.

Changing up Captain Americas' costume, headpiece, in 616, to match MCU.

Adding Agent Coulson and Nick Fury Junior to the 616, from MCU, for one, a match attempt with other - though Senior remains.

Can be bad, or good, but it does, indeed, happen.

Can I ask you - did the New 52 Wally thing come first, or The Flash casting?

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    I really hope the actor playing Flash does a good job, but I can't help but think he is way to scrawny to play a super hero.
    Time will tell. Personally, I prefer this suit to the red foam from the 90's series...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post

Can I ask you - did the New 52 Wally thing come first, or The Flash casting?
    Hard to tell. Given the lack of Wally in the beggining of new 52 one could think TV came first, but comics are planned with several months of anticipation, almost a year sometimes (specially when editorial has so much input in the story as seems to happen with DC these days) so could have been any way. The thing is we knew first about black Iris West before DC announced Wally was coming back no longer ginger

Golden Glider! that's the one I want to see. Best supervillain gimmick EVER.

[QUOTE=Miraclo__Pills;12736]Time will tell. Personally, I prefer this suit to the red foam from the 90's series...

I'm with you on that one, I'm willing to give it a shot, but I think of a superhero the size of Ryan Reynolds, or Stephen Amell, the kid playing Flash looks like he is a buck 20 soaking wet. Not very intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Rage View Post
    I'm with you on that one, I'm willing to give it a shot, but I think of a superhero the size of Ryan Reynolds, or Stephen Amell, the kid playing Flash looks like he is a buck 20 soaking wet. Not very intimidating.
    Yeah, but Flash is not about intimidation. It's about wonder and adventure... at least to me. And this wouldn't be the first time Flash looks shorter than other heroes. I remember in Alan Davis' The Nail thinking how slim Barry allen looked compared to other leaguers and I thought it was quite all right. Flash shouldn't be as massive as other guys. He should look fast and light... my two cents

Very good points, he would have a very high Metabolism so that would make a lot of sense. I will go into it with an open mind

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    As much as I'd love for the show to succeed, you simply can't do the Rogue's Gallery on a TV budget (at least not accurately). This means either:

1. You'll see vastly different (normalized) versions of the Rogues
    2. You won't see any Rogues at all, simply random bad guys
    3. You'll see one, maybe two Rogues at most

Arrow got around the 'powers = lots of not-cheap VFX' by making darn near everyone super strong, which can be presented on-screen easily with little to no VFX. Not sure how Flash will tackle that, but they'll have to; while a 'normal' hero can take on powered bad guys, the opposite (a powered hero taking on normal bad guys) will get lame really fast (pun intended).
    In the 1990s Flash show, some of the Rogues appeared. No, they can't spend millions on special effects, but they are doable. As I recall, those episodes were quite enjoyable. I agree that you will not likely be seeing a Rogues group, but I would be surprised if Mirror Master or Captain Cold doesn't appear in short order.

Sandy Hausler

All-New Member

I hope the Rogues are a slow burn in appearing, maybe as individuals and then at the end of the season they team up to take on The Flash

Quote Originally Posted by adamishere View Post
    I hope the Rogues are a slow burn in appearing, maybe as individuals and then at the end of the season they team up to take on The Flash
    Like the Sinister Six in The Amazing Spider-Man films?

Yeah, that could work. Introduce a villain or two, say Captain Boomerang, Captain Cold, or Mirror Master, give the powers.

Maybe an encounter with Flash, or STAR Labs, all that, and get to know them, until you have enough to, as with Masters Of Evil in EMH, make a team of supervillains eventually and have them clash with the main hero. Could be a good approach, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Zoom
    Captain Cold
    Mirror Master
    Grodd.
    Zoom is confirmed....not sure about the others; would love to see Grodd, but it's unlikely.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Flash Score Recording: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=3&theater

Not sure if you guys have seen this; it's a few weeks old.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.