Page 717 of 827 FirstFirst ... 217617667707713714715716717718719720721727767817 ... LastLast
Results 10,741 to 10,755 of 12392
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

M3h episode for me. At this point I don't care for Cisco at all so naturally I would not care for a focus episode with him.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Yeah, but it has become really problematic. They're always trying to build the big bad up so effectively that Barry has to lose pretty much every encounter in the dumbest ways possible until the very last moment. At that point, you start to wonder why the villain even thinks of Barry as a threat?

But this has become a problem across all television formats ever since the longer-form stories became the norm.
    It's really been this way from the beginning of television, but it's just more obvious regarding the characters with super powers. All you have to do is watch old programs from the '50s, '60s, etc. to see the lead characters doing the same stupid thing from week to week, only to find their brains at the end of the story.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

The Nash Joe subplot was one of the most forced and unnecessary ones I have seen. So was Caitlin's cameo. Bloodwork is fast becoming a cliche. The Cynthia murder mystery was not as bad as some mystery episodes but it was pretty average.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's really been this way from the beginning of television, but it's just more obvious regarding the characters with super powers. All you have to do is watch old programs from the '50s, '60s, etc. to see the lead characters doing the same stupid thing from week to week, only to find their brains at the end of the story.
    But there's also plenty of material like the Cisco episode, where the protagonist's decisions are rational and their victory feels earned. It can be done.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

But there's also plenty of material like the Cisco episode, where the protagonist's decisions are rational and their victory feels earned. It can be done.
    Sure it can be done, but it rarely happens. If Cisco were the new star of the show from now on, he would be screwing up just as much as Barry. That's episodic TV for you.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Aside from that one Bloodwork episode that preceded this one I think Barry's been acting fairy rational and successful.

I thought the episode was fine. I think my problem is WHY IS CISCO STILL THERE? I thought the whole point of taking the Meta-cure last season was that he was leaving STAR labs to live a normal life with his girlfriend. Instead, not only is he still there, not only is he still going out into the field without powers now, but Barry is making him team leader? Why?!

And to be clear- I really like Cisco as a character, and the actor in general, and I'm glad he's still there. it just felt least season like Carlos was done with the role, and they came up with a way to write him out.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I thought the episode was fine. I think my problem is WHY IS CISCO STILL THERE? I thought the whole point of taking the Meta-cure last season was that he was leaving STAR labs to live a normal life with his girlfriend. Instead, not only is he still there, not only is he still going out into the field without powers now, but Barry is making him team leader? Why?!

And to be clear- I really like Cisco as a character, and the actor in general, and I'm glad he's still there. it just felt least season like Carlos was done with the role, and they came up with a way to write him out.
    Agreed. I'd miss Cisco/Vibe, but this episode muddies things a whole lot.

Also, did they really have to kill Gypsy? I understand her actress is busy with a new job, but they'd already broken up

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Also, did they really have to kill Gypsy? I understand her actress is busy with a new job, but they'd already broken up
    This makes me think they might just have killed Jesse off-screen along with the rest of Earth-2 if this is how they took out Gypsy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me think they might just have killed Jesse off-screen along with the rest of Earth-2 if this is how they took out Gypsy.
    Yeah, that's annoying. But Jesse using to jump worlds and did so in the past, so there's still hope.

Tricksterpup says Pudd'n Tricksterpup's Avatar

Thank god they killed off that character. Sorry but G was an offensive name for the Character. They should've named her something else on the show.

Wow, Gypsy was really killed off! I thought there was going to be some sort of twist where she was alive and in hiding (but they didn't credit her actress, so I don't know what I was expecting).

Wait...that's how you pronounce "gingold"?! I've been saying it wrong this whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Part of me wonders if Cynthia was killed off for the same reason they had Cisco give up his power - they want to sideline Breachers during "Crisis" because it might be too easy for the heroes to have one around.
    Either that or they're targeting Justice League Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    The Nash Joe subplot was one of the most forced and unnecessary ones I have seen.
    It was a way to pad the episode with a B story that used only the main cast members and didn't cost much.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

If you miss Jessica Camacho(Gypsy) you can watch her on WATCHMEN as "Pirate Jenny".

Rest In Peace Gypsy!

Gypsy.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Either that or they're targeting Justice League Detroit.
    Does that mean J'onn and Nate are next?
    Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    If you miss Jessica Camacho(Gypsy) you can watch her on WATCHMEN as "Pirate Jenny".

Rest In Peace Gypsy!

Gypsy.jpg
    At least she's still with the DC "family" so-to-speak...

Mighty Member

RIP Elongated Man?????