Page 773 of 827 FirstFirst ... 273673723763769770771772773774775776777783823 ... LastLast
Results 11,581 to 11,595 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Actually, it was Yours, Mine, and Ours that Danielle Panabaker was in, not Cheaper by the Dozen
    Yeah, that. I keep getting the titles mixed up. And kicking myself over it. To be fair, they both have very similar storylines.

Chester has great design taste and even greater dance moves. Every time he gets a story focused on him, I tend to enjoy it.

Cecile was also a treat in this episode, and Danielle Nicolet showed real range as an actress.

It's nice seeing Sue back (and it looks like she'll be sticking around for a bit), but it's weird for Ralph to be off screen, especially since we may never see him in person again. I was looking forward to seeing how the Ralph/Sue dynamic progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like Allegra is more a Ralph replacement since she's got powers, has a shady past, and goes out in the field, but I guess now she's also Vibe's replacement.
    That could be true too. I like the fact that we can't make a 1:1 comparison on the characters who have left and the new ones that have been brought on.

I was not expecting Cecile to have such an emotional and difficult backstory. You'd think this would have come up at least once in all the time she's been on the show, but I guess it goes to show just how far she's tried to put her mental instability and grief behind her in the present-day.
    At first I thought it felt like a cheap retcon, but Joe's speech to her about why it would be difficult for her to admit vulnerability was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    These were points that also occurred to me while watching.
    Barry could literally whisk her away to anywhere, ANYWHERE, for a quickie and yet it was the archives? Maybe the thrill of being caught by a friend played into their kink?
    It's possible that was exciting to them. Also possible Barry HAS whisked Iris 51 different places already and this was just number 52 on the list.

Nice to see Sue, glad she'll be around...I'm guessing they've just not recast Ralph. I still say forgiveness is divine, just get the og Ralph actor back.
    If we're to get more Sue, I'd be happy with even helmeted Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by PD98 View Post
    Actually, it was Yours, Mine, and Ours that Danielle Panabaker was in, not Cheaper by the Dozen
    She was also in Sky High, an underrated gem of a movie that simultaneously is a high school comedy and a clever commentary on superheroes.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I think starting last season, the writers decided to stop with a season-long Big Bad, and break the season up into two 'graphic novels'. So the first half of the season would get one villain, and the second half would get a new villain. Which, in theory, I like. Going back to Savitar, you could see that the writers were struggling with dragging things out for a single villain for 22-24 episodes. So getting two villains a season, with a compressed storyline, could be really entertaining, and easier for the writers to handle.
    It's an approach that worked for Agents of SHIELD, for the most part, starting with Season 2. They had one Big Bad for the first half of the season, and another for the second half. Whitehall for the first half of Season 2, Jiaying for the Second half. Ward for the First Half of Season 3, and Hive for the second half. And so on.

I think it's an approach that was working for the previous season of The Flash, and COULD have worked for this season. But then, as you said, we had the pandemic and the resulting shutdowns.

The problem, it appears, is the Pandemic. Because of Covid, they had to cut the last season short, which meant the final episodes of Mirror Monarch had to be tacked onto the first part of this season. That meant that there was even less episodes for the Forces, which probably hurt what they were trying to do. And I'm not sure how this affects the back half of the season- it will depend on if they had to take episodes away from Godspeed, which is what it appears the villain will be.

Cisco is leaving, but I think I heard Wells might be back a few more times. Then again, it may just be Kavanaugh returning as the Reverse Flash (there have been pictures of the Reverse Flash shooting scenes over the past month or so). And while we are getting Impulse, we are also getting Nora West-Allen (X-S) back as well. Which would make sense, as Nora was the first one to face Godspeed in the future.
    Wells has been confusing this season. Why introduce another new Wells variant only to write him out almost right away?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    It's an approach that worked for Agents of SHIELD, for the most part, starting with Season 2. They had one Big Bad for the first half of the season, and another for the second half. Whitehall for the first half of Season 2, Jiaying for the Second half. Ward for the First Half of Season 3, and Hive for the second half. And so on.

I think it's an approach that was working for the previous season of The Flash, and COULD have worked for this season. But then, as you said, we had the pandemic and the resulting shutdowns.

Wells has been confusing this season. Why introduce another new Wells variant only to write him out almost right away?
    That goes back to the Pandemic. I think that Cavanaugh was going to leave at the end of last season, and Timeless Wells was their way of giving him a happy ending. Then he maybe would have done a few episodes this season as a guest star.

But due to the Pandemic causing the industry to shut down, those remaining episodes were pushed to the beginning of this season. And as a result, we get the confusing arc of introducing a new Wells, just to write him off almost immediately.

Mighty Member

Killer Frost is in a love/hate relationship.

Barry and Iris going on a second honeymoon so they can start making babies. How...impulsive (I'll see myself out).

Poor Chester. Nobody wants to join his D&D sessions. I feel like Cisco and Barry would probably be game.

Whatever happened to Sunshine and Dr. Light? They kind of forgot about Carver's Angels after they abandoned Eva.

So I guess Sue now just stands around in her skintight catsuit waiting to make a Superhero entrance when needed. It feel like they're setting her up to replace Ralph as the snappy wild card of Team Flash, assuming she starts appearing more. I miss Ralph.

Jeez Kramer. Joe was trying to be straight with you and then you jump to yelling and threatening to arrest him. Actually, why are they treating her like a cop? Isn't she just an army vet who works for the government? How is she now a police captain?

Oh hey, the Pipeline cell. Nice to see those still getting used.

How many times can poor Chester get injured in one episode?

I feel bad for Sue. She worked so hard to get her parents out from under Black Hole only for it turn out they eventually become willing collaborators.

Sue has joined in on the Team Flash vibe so much she's giving pep talks without even meaning to.

So Kramer was betrayed by her brother who betrayed their unit...why does she hate evil Meta's again? Was Adam a Meta? Is he going to turn out to be the real Godspeed?

Allegra has now obtained a Phoenix form through the power of love. She and Jennifer Pierce should meet and trade notes.

So, once they cure Ultraviolet, she's totally going to stand trial for her multiple crimes, right? Right?

I was asking myself how Chillblaine got out of prison for the umpteenth time but it turns out he turned...into a state witness and got pardoned? What does he know that would get him a full pardon? Didn't he legitimately kill a guy? He was just like a tech thief and scientist, what does he know that the government would feel like it was worth pardoning him? Beyond the fact that the plot needs him out of prison so Frost can keep crushing on him and his abs.

Was the show trolling us with that file of Zsasz from "Gotham?" I can't be the only one who thought some post-Crisis stuff was maybe going on. But then I saw the file was for The Mist - I totally forgot the same actor played him in season 1.

It was nice to see an Allegra-centered episode. I like her, but .... for some reason I don't find her interesting or compelling despite how long she's been around. For me, she's just kinda there - she hasn't grown on me any more than from her initial appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Was the show trolling us with that file of Zsasz from "Gotham?" I can't be the only one who thought some post-Crisis stuff was maybe going on. But then I saw the file was for The Mist - I totally forgot the same actor played him in season 1.
    Yeah, the show kind of forgot about him and a few of the other escaped Meta's after season 1.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A Chester-centric episode last week. Barry in the episode but not as Flash
    An Allegra-centric episode this week. Barry only in the bookend portions, gone for whole chunk of critical time.

I also had the Victor Z's from Gotham thought when Kramer was reading that file. Until I saw j9ac9k's post I had forgotten he also played the Mist here.

Here was my "deeper" thought.
    Allegra and her cousin dealing with Family matters
    Kramer revealing her "family" issue with "off the Reservation" some bonds are thicker than Family matter.
    Sue's parents disappointing her and how they can't seemingly be a Family matter.
    Barry and Iris off attempting to make a Family together...matter.

Chester & Allegra testing a romance?? Hmmmm.
    Meanwhile I'm curious what Grant Gustin's side project is for him to be accommodated two weeks of lighter work.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Sue staying around without Ralph just feels so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Sue staying around without Ralph just feels so out of place.
    It feels like she's supposed to replace Ralph and it just doesn't work.

I mean, I like her, but still.

And are they just going to off-screen marry or them or just never mention Ralph again?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Ralph situation is a cluster.
    Cancel culture is promoting more intolerance than ever, even if it thinks it is somehow a helping mechanism.
    Forgiveness people.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Even though it's weird when Flash doesn't see a lot of action in his own show, we did need to see Allegra facing off against her cousin herself. I am still not used to Sue as basically a costumed adventurer with gadgets.

So, once they cure Ultraviolet, she's totally going to stand trial for her multiple crimes, right? Right?

I was asking myself how Chillblaine got out of prison for the umpteenth time but it turns out he turned...into a state witness and got pardoned? What does he know that would get him a full pardon? Didn't he legitimately kill a guy? He was just like a tech thief and scientist, what does he know that the government would feel like it was worth pardoning him? Beyond the fact that the plot needs him out of prison so Frost can keep crushing on him and his abs.
    Ultraviolet...Chillblaine...the show really is lax on dealing with criminals. They need to use Cecile more if they want to come up with a plausible reason to have all these villains hanging around.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It was nice to see an Allegra-centered episode. I like her, but .... for some reason I don't find her interesting or compelling despite how long she's been around. For me, she's just kinda there - she hasn't grown on me any more than from her initial appearance.
    She worked better when she was playing off Wells. Or even Team Citizen.

The Ralph situation is a cluster.
    Cancel culture is promoting more intolerance than ever, even if it thinks it is somehow a helping mechanism.
    Forgiveness people.
    Hartley Sawyer's tweets surfaced at the worst possible time ever, but there are really two issues at play here. It's not just about punishing him for the things he said, it's also about removing a white male character to give screentime to more diverse characters like Chester and Allegra.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Even though it's weird when Flash doesn't see a lot of action in his own show, we did need to see Allegra facing off against her cousin herself. I am still not used to Sue as basically a costumed adventurer with gadgets.
    Is that two episodes in a row where we don't see Barry in his suit? I think that's a first.

Sue's basically a cat burglar playing Superhero now.
    Ultraviolet...Chillblaine...the show really is lax on dealing with criminals. They need to use Cecile more if they want to come up with a plausible reason to have all these villains hanging around.
    I mean, they sent Eva off on her merry way and acted like everything was cool with Abra Kadabra and the Forces despite what they did. Seems like they're just in a really forgiving mood lately.
    She worked better when she was playing off Wells. Or even Team Citizen.
    Are they going to give her a costume? Other than Sue's catsuit.