Page 661 of 827 FirstFirst ... 161561611651657658659660661662663664665671711761 ... LastLast
Results 9,901 to 9,915 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Nora is adorable. Yeah, I said it.
    And I second it.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post

Sorry, I'm confused: didn't she say at the end there that the real reason for her being there is to become good enough a speedster that she can save her father from disappearing in the Crisis? She's definitely not going to be just sitting around.
    We only know this from her voiceover at the end of the episode. That's literally telling not showing. In the episode itself we never get that from her or anyone else. Nora seems to go along with whatever her dad decides for her. When he wants her to go back to the future, she does as he tells her. When he decides he wants her to stay, she does as he tells her. If her plan was to stay all along and change the timeline, you'd think she wouldn't be so passive.

However, this probably was her plan all along and she was pretending to go along to get along. If her dad decided she should go back to the future--maybe we would have seen Nora pull another rabbit out of the hat.

But there's no reason to believe Team Flash are going to try and change what happened in 2024, presented in this episode, other than what Nora's voiceover tells us. Barry has been looking at that newspaper article for four seasons and it's incredible that only now the penny drops and he understands that he vanishes. But if it took four full seasons for Barry to have this bit of clarity, there's no concrete reason to believe that he's going to process that information any faster than all the other info he gleaned from the article.

So while I do think that's going to be developed in the rest of the season--I hope--there's not a lot in the episode to fuel those expectations. It's more just us the audience trying to think ahead of the writers and what they could do with this opportunity. The premiere episode itself doesn't set that ball rolling (aside from Nora's voiceover).

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    But there's no reason to believe Team Flash are going to try and change what happened in 2024, presented in this episode, other than what Nora's voiceover tells us. Barry has been looking at that newspaper article for four seasons and it's incredible that only now the penny drops and he understands that he vanishes. But if it took four full seasons for Barry to have this bit of clarity, there's no concrete reason to believe that he's going to process that information any faster than all the other info he gleaned from the article.
    Didn't the content of the article change for a while?

And Flash has 'disappeared' a couple of times, too.

Perhaps, based on those experiences, he figured that Thawne left the future before Barry came back.

Nora won me over by the end of the episode. I also thought her and Iris's scene at Jitters was very well done. I'm actually interested to see where their storyline goes. Mainly because I think Candice Patton is a good actress who is not given nearly enough material to work with.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Retired

Someone on youtube pointed out that the newspaper article is to Flash what the island was to Oliver. For the first five seasons of ARROW, the island was always something five years in the past that Oliver was trying to get free of, and at the end they blew it up. The newspaper article is five years (by the end of this season) in Flash's future and it's something he needs to get free of.

On a meta level that makes sense to me. Both shows introduced these anchors in time when they began and for the shows to go forward, they need to blow them up so they're not bogged down by those events. It sums up the shows quite nicely. Ollie was heading away from the island for five years, the Flash has been heading toward the Crisis for five years.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Even though they changed her name from Jenni Ognats to Nora West-Allen this really felt like the XS I read about and loved in the Legion of Superheroes books during the Reboot era. A little flighty and excitable, but still able to step up when she has too. The CW does not have a great track record when it comes to getting the members of the Legion right (I am so dreading what they are going to do with Dream Girl on Supergirl), but this version of XS looks and acts about the best out of all they have tried so far. A good start to the season in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Even though they changed her name from Jenni Ognats to Nora West-Allen this really felt like the XS I read about and loved in the Legion of Superheroes books during the Reboot era. A little flighty and excitable, but still able to step up when she has too. The CW does not have a great track record when it comes to getting the members of the Legion right (I am so dreading what they are going to do with Dream Girl on Supergirl), but this version of XS looks and acts about the best out of all they have tried so far. A good start to the season in my eyes.

Technically she's not going to be Dream Girl, just her ancestor.

Retired

The comics, in their continuity, were stuck with Don and Dawn Allen, who were kind of bland. So going the grandchildren route was a way to create original characters in Bart and Jenni. But the TV shows are not bound to all that continuity, so it's a lot easier to cut straight to XS and Impulse without bothering with the in-between stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    So did Wally not teach Nora anything in the future? She made it sound like she learned everything on her own, you’d think uncle Wally would not only take on the mantle of the flash but also help train his niece like how to phase.
    Perhaps Nora has some emotional blocks that have prevented her from reaching her potential (she can still reverse time, though ) and Barry was able to connect with her in a way Wally never could.

Retired

It remains to be seen why there's a distance between Nora and future Iris. Maybe after Barry vanishes, Iris wants to shut down any super-speeding and she's not happy with her brother being the Flash, given what happened to Barry, nor does she want him teaching her daughter how to be a speedster.

It remains to be seen why there's a distance between Nora and future Iris. Maybe after Barry vanishes, Iris wants to shut down any super-speeding and she's not happy with her brother being the Flash, given what happened to Barry, nor does she want him teaching her daughter how to be a speedster.
    Good points.

Nora could be self-taught (and ends up spending a lot of time at the museum).

Hope they don't drag it out too long

Ultimate Member

I think it's just as simple as the fact that Iris was a single mom. Kids pull away from their parents as a matter of habit.

Iris is the parent Nora knows already. Iris is the only parent Nora's ever had issues with, since she was the only parent.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think it might be Iris hates Nora being a speedster because of what happened to Barry and has never been supportive of her being a hero which drove a huge wedge between them. Iris wants her daughter to be safe and not risk the same fate as Barry while Nora wants to live up to her fathers legacy, and they have been fighting about it since Nora's powers first manifested which is why they don't talk anymore.

BANNED

wow what a great episode! it hit all the right notes and had me hooked from the beginning till the end although cicada didn't seem too impressive. Nora stole the show and made the flash mythology her own and richer by her presence. hope this arc reaches terminal velocity and doesn't enter a dead heat with the previous season.

Mighty Member

Too bad Cisco couldn't have gone to that therapist that Barry and Iris use about his break up issues.