Page 680 of 827 FirstFirst ... 180580630670676677678679680681682683684690730780 ... LastLast
Results 10,186 to 10,200 of 12392
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Each show offers something different and I like that.

Arrow is more dark than it is light.

Flash is a fun show that embraces super powered hinjinks with moments of seriousness here n there. Season four drek notwithstanding.

Supergirl is rah rah girl power rulez

Black Lightning is a woke AF, socially charged kinda show with subtext and themes that as a black man in America in these days and times I personally can appreciate.

Legends is cheese. Knows it's cheese and f'n turns the meter up to 1,000 with it and I love it. It has been since season two my fave Arrowverse show by far.

Retired

While I thought part 3 was a let down and had some odd character turns, it did give some big surprises that made it worth it in the end. I was shook.

That's all I'll say for now, given many people won't have seen this part yet.

Spoiler if you haven't seen it yet.

spoilers:
    It's interesting that the black costume Superman isn't anyone that people thought he would be. I don't recall anyone correctly predicting who the black costume Superman was.
    end of spoilers

Retired

An interesting Flash Fact is that the original Old West Trigger Twins--on which the modern day duo were based in the comics--were co-created by Bob Kanigher and Carmine Infantino, the same guys (along with John Broome) who co-created Barry Allen and Iris West.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Each show offers something different and I like that.

Arrow is more dark than it is light.

Flash is a fun show that embraces super powered hinjinks with moments of seriousness here n there. Season four drek notwithstanding.

Supergirl is rah rah girl power rulez

Black Lightning is a woke AF, socially charged kinda show with subtext and themes that as a black man in America in these days and times I personally can appreciate.

Legends is cheese. Knows it's cheese and f'n turns the meter up to 1,000 with it and I love it. It has been since season two my fave Arrowverse show by far.
    Makes you wonder what Batwoman will do to differentiate itself.

Retired

The reveal of COIE ups the stakes for all the shows. Especially THE FLASH. We know we're headed for a Crisis, with the possible disappearance/death of Barry Allen. The West-Allens better get busy with the baby making, so there's a kid to survive the Flash. Unless Iris is up the duff already--but whose baby is it, Barry's or Boliver's?

The end stuff with Lois and Clark left me with a sour taste. I thought they were married already and had been for a long time in the continuity of SUPERGIRL. And the writers had enough surprises in that scene with Lois being pregnant and the two going back to Argo. The writers got greedy and overstuffed the turkey with a proposal scene. Which is a complaint I have with some of these crossovers, as when they couldn't resist making it a double wedding in the last crossover.

The Easter Eggs are cool, because they don't sidetrack the story if you miss them. They're just an extra service for the fans. But I don't appreciate the glut of too many things happening in the story that don't add to the plot.

If they didn't have that reveal right at the end, I would have said this crossover didn't have as much heft to it as Crisis on Earth-X. Stein's death wrecked me--I still haven't recovered. Whereas, it seems like everyone is in exactly the same place as they were before Elseworlds began.

However, because they have to deliver on Infinite Earths next year that should mean that all the CW shows are safe for the time being, including LEGENDS OF TOMORROW. Personally, I think they should give ARROW and LOT a limited number of episodes for next season leading up to the Crisis. And then have BATWOMAN debut and BLACK LIGHTNING return in those timeslots, after the Crisis has been resolved, given that COIE promises to change the nature of the Arrowverse.

But I don't know if I want all the CW shows and the DCU streaming shows to be in the same universe. THE FLASH gets a lot of mileage out of the Multiverse--so having only one Earth would limit them. But some people might think that's better, rather than having multiple versions of the same character from alternate Earths.

Retired

Watching the whole crossover again in one sitting, a lot of people noticed that in Part 2 the Trinity are at Nolan and Burton, but I don't think anyone has pointed out that the Ivo factory in Part 1 was at Waid and Augustyn. Of course, those kind of name drops are commonplace on THE FLASH, but I liked the Waid and Augustyn reference, because Mark Waid and Brian Augustyn frequently have collaborated on the Flash and lots of other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Spoiler if you haven't seen it yet.

spoilers:
    It's interesting that the black costume Superman isn't anyone that people thought he would be. I don't recall anyone correctly predicting who the black costume Superman was.
    end of spoilers
    While I agree, I figured it out about an hour before the show started on night 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    While I agree, I figured it out about an hour before the show started on night 2.
    Yeah. But I meant in the weeks leading up to the crossover. A lot of people thought this was Superman Prime. And pretty much everyone thought this was some version of Superman.

‘The Flash’ Season 5 Will Explore The Legacy Of Eobard Thawne.

"What does legacy mean to him?" Ok I'm not interpreting this as Nora being related to him but I get the feeling other's might. The article mentions a change in attitude but...

...sounds like he still wants to torture Barry, only this time through proxy. "Another broken family!"

The Flash returns January 15th with an ep call "The Flash and the Furious" lol Neat play on words

Mighty Member

Poor Nora's making a very bad mistake.

Retired

I was just happy for the little bit of Legends content. If they could work a minute of Legends into THE FLASH every week, then it would make the waiting easier on me.

Astonishing Member

The acting was pretty stilted and crappy by Nora, Flash and Iris. I had trouble staying awake. Just the usual. Someone has powers, Barry is incompetent. Hints at something interesting with various Harry - oids. Cisco wanting to get rid of his powers so he can be a daddy? Was that because his other world girlfriend didn't work out?

Man, **** Nora. What a bitch she was this episode. Angry at her own mistake of trusting somebody and letting it out on that poor girl.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

So Cisco wants a normal life but he can't have one as long as he has powers. Why exactly? All he has to do is just walk away. No one is forcing him to stay and use his powers. It really is that simple. Instead he is going to mess around and create something that we all know is either going to go very wrong or fall into the hands of someone it shouldn't.