Page 65 of 827 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165565 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I really like that they introduced Multiplex

Retired

I get the feeling that the creators of this show really wanted to do FIRESTORM, THE NUCLEAR MAN, but they couldn't sell that idea so they're using THE FLASH as a trojan horse to do the show they wanted to do.

Incredible Member

Not really. They used one of Firestorm's enemies (Multiplex) for the same reason they used the Mist (one of Starman's enemies and never really associated with the Flash either). They don't want to waste too many of the Flash's Rogues gallery on Barry's 'training wheels' stage and are saving most of them until he's gotten the easy wins out of the way and learned some real skills. Again why we're seeing a low-tier Flash villain like Girder coming up long before we see Mirror Master, Trickster, Pied Piper, etc.

Yeah, they're adding Firestorm to the show and Caitlin is supposed to eventually become Killer Frost, a Firestorm foe, but that's more because having them be an engaged couple builds an interesting dynamic for two key members of the supporting cast rather than because this is really a Firestorm show in disguise.

Retired

Ronnie Raymond, Plastique, Cailtlin, Multiplex. And Martin Stein (played by Victor Garber) is supposed to show up soon. Even Felicity Smoak (albeit altered) shows up. We've seen as much of the cast of characters from Firestorm as the Flash comics.

Mind you, Firestorm survived for awhile as a back-up feature in THE FLASH, in the early '80s. So it might be all in the family. And I'm not complaining--I just think it's "very interesting," as Arte Johnson used to say.

I blinked and I missed it. in a flash.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I get the feeling that the creators of this show really wanted to do FIRESTORM, THE NUCLEAR MAN, but they couldn't sell that idea so they're using THE FLASH as a trojan horse to do the show they wanted to do.
    I highly, highly doubt this is true. Especially since everything about the Flash is there, and you're saying since some of the villains are not really his villains it's a Firestorm show? I don't think so.

You have to realize that recurring villains don't really work in shows like they do in comics. Villains can't keep reappearing every few episodes. They have to get other ones, ones the Flash might not even know in the comics. It just works better if they want to keep bringing in new villains. I don't know if you watch Arrow but they do the same exact thing. Characters like Firefly, Dollmaker, and Huntress are Batman characters yet they have all appeared in Arrow, the last two more than once. It just works better so they don't have to keep bringing in the same villains over and over.

Mighty Member

Here's a pic of The Pied Piper.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Interesting. I wonder how that cop car got damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

Am I the only one getting Harry Potter vibes from that photo of the "Pied Piper"?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Ronnie Raymond, Plastique, Cailtlin, Multiplex. And Martin Stein (played by Victor Garber) is supposed to show up soon. Even Felicity Smoak (albeit altered) shows up. We've seen as much of the cast of characters from Firestorm as the Flash comics.

Mind you, Firestorm survived for awhile as a back-up feature in THE FLASH, in the early '80s. So it might be all in the family. And I'm not complaining--I just think it's "very interesting," as Arte Johnson used to say.
    Eh, I still just think its reaching. You can't have Firestorm without Stein, the other half of Firestorm, so his inclusion is expected with Firestorm's inclusion in general, not further proof 'its really a Firestorm show'. And same logic about using Multiplex early on instead of Flash Rogues applies to Plastique as well. And Felicity's hardly proof of anything considering she's wildly different from the character in Firestorm comics and was introduced three seasons of Arrow ago, before even the Flash show was a remote possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Eh, I still just think its reaching. You can't have Firestorm without Stein, the other half of Firestorm, so his inclusion is expected with Firestorm's inclusion in general, not further proof 'its really a Firestorm show'. And same logic about using Multiplex early on instead of Flash Rogues applies to Plastique as well. And Felicity's hardly proof of anything considering she's wildly different from the character in Firestorm comics and was introduced three seasons of Arrow ago, before even the Flash show was a remote possibility.
    You COULD, without Stein, as it's often been others than Ronnie, or he, but Jason Rusch and others too.

I'll just always remember Plastique from Season 8 of Smallville, first episode with Clark working at The Daily Planet, and one with Tess Mercers' Injustice League, with Parasite.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    You COULD, without Stein, as it's often been others than Ronnie, or he, but Jason Rusch and others too.

I'll just always remember Plastique from Season 8 of Smallville, first episode with Clark working at The Daily Planet, and one with Tess Mercers' Injustice League, with Parasite.
    Sure, you don't need Stein specifically, but if you didn't have Stein and had Rusch instead, same logic would apply. If you're going to do Firestorm at all, there's going to be another character added for the two-in-one aspect of that hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Sure, you don't need Stein specifically, but if you didn't have Stein and had Rusch instead, same logic would apply. If you're going to do Firestorm at all, there's going to be another character added for the two-in-one aspect of that hero.
    Very true, yes.

Do you think the Firestorm stuff'd work if it was just one, no more? No other person in the body.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Very true, yes.

Do you think the Firestorm stuff'd work if it was just one, no more? No other person in the body.
    I mean, sure, you could make it work, but what would be the point? Its a central part of the core concept of the character. Its like doing Superman without Kryptonite, Batman without his parents' murder, Spiderman without great power comes with great responsibility.

Extraordinary Member

First time watching this tonight it wasn't bad much better than I thought. I thought Flash would be able to dissipate the gas just by doing a whirlwind or something but I guess that would've been too easy.