Page 765 of 827 FirstFirst ... 265665715755761762763764765766767768769775815 ... LastLast
Results 11,461 to 11,475 of 12392
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I said Legends was a whole separate thing. It's not so much losing steam so much as personal taste .
    Nah, it's losing steam critically and audience-wise. Still, I watch it, so it must have something there for me (or maybe I'm just a masochist )
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Still enjoying Legends, and i agree it's it's own thing. More a wacky comedy than an Arrowverse show.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I will say, as someone who was really keen on Eric Wallace's direction during season 6, I've not been feeling season 7 as much as I wish I could.

This stuff with the Forces just doesn't feel as poignant or strong as the Bloodwork arc, although I guess Mirror Monarch kind of foreshadowed it where Team Flash talk down a crazy mirror woman who kidnapped a bunch of people and almost destroyed the city and then act like she did nothing wrong and can just go on her merry way.

I will say, as someone who was really keen on Eric Wallace's direction during season 6, I've not been feeling season 7 as much as I wish I could.

This stuff with the Forces just doesn't feel as poignant or strong as the Bloodwork arc, although I guess Mirror Monarch kind of foreshadowed it where Team Flash talk down a crazy mirror woman who kidnapped a bunch of people and almost destroyed the city and then act like she did nothing wrong and can just go on her merry way.
    The next season won't have Covid to screw around with the process, so that should help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The next season won't have Covid to screw around with the process, so that should help.
    If it means less speeches, I'm good .

If it means less speeches, I'm good .
    Yes, more action, less speechifying!

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Wouldn't it be too late in the series to introduce the real Speed Force? Unless they're deconstructing the whole thing and want to create a real Speed Force to make Barry a more complete Flash.

Sorry, I wasn't clear before. We have seen the real Speed Force before- it's the Nora that we've seen every time that Barry goes into the Speed Force and talks to the personification. But that Speed Force 'died'. What I'm saying is that when they re-birthed the Speed Force, it wasn't the Force we saw before, but the NEGATIVE Speed Force. And that the original Speed Force hasn't come back yet.

I'm usually a staunch defender of the Arrowverse but I feel like all the shows, including the ones ending, are kind of losing steam (Legends is a whole 'nother thing).

Really not the kind of fallout I was expecting after Crisis
    For me, the past several seasons on Flash, Arrow and Supergirl, I've had a hard time coming back to it after the midseason break a lot of the times. I still haven't seen all of season 5 of Supergirl and Flash, and season 6 of Arrow. It could be that the shows are losing steam, it could be that the writing has gotten to the point where I can't excuse it anymore, or it could be that I've finally outgrown them. Or maybe a bit of all three.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Count me in the camp that Flash has shown itself to be getting long in the tooth with S7. They've not revisited the Ralph situation since early on. The threat of the the "Forces" just isn't appealing. The show is losing two main critical supporting cast members this season. They should take the early renewal news for S8 and construct the best finale season they can.

Loved Flash S1-5, S6 was the early warning signs and S7 we are fully there. My excitement for the show has dipped significantly.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Count me in the camp that Flash has shown itself to be getting long in the tooth with S7. They've not revisited the Ralph situation since early on. The threat of the the "Forces" just isn't appealing. The show is losing two main critical supporting cast members this season. They should take the early renewal news for S8 and construct the best finale season they can.

Loved Flash S1-5, S6 was the early warning signs and S7 we are fully there. My excitement for the show has dipped significantly.
    They won't revisit Ralph until they cast a new actor. But with both Tom and Carlos leaving the show, I wouldn't be surprised if in the back end of the season they bring back (New) Ralph and Sue.

They did say Sue at least was coming back, but I think that's the most they're going to touch on the pair.

The fastest man alive still hasn't learned not to stand still in front of his foes. Barry Allen, dumbest superhero alive.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The fastest man alive still hasn't learned not to stand still in front of his foes. Barry Allen, dumbest superhero alive.
    Well, it's been that way for all of the Flashes forever long before any of them made it to live action. He's just too fast for most of these stories.

Mighty Member

It's the She-Hulk!

If they're going to treat the Forces wielders like they're the actual Forces, than by that logic wouldn't Barry be the actual Speed Force, not the one pretending to be Nora?

So now Nora thinks of Barry as its father? Even though he basically just revived it? And it has the face of his mother and has called him "my boy." Is the show ever going to acknowledge how creepy and messed up this all is?

Has Barry ever successfully trained anyone without struggling before the inevitable pep talk?

How do Fuerza's clothes magically transform between forms? Strength Force magic?

Oh dang it, not Kramer again. Her and Chief Lopez are the worst. I mean, she's right there are some dangerous Metahumans who shouldn't have their powers but this would probably escalate into forcibly curing all Meta's eventually. Is this only going to be resolved when they end up dealing with the Meta who killed Kramer's unit?

This is probably the most actively helpful Team Citizen has been all season.

No surprise when the smug, condescending, rich woman was the only one of Bashir's club who didn't pitch in to help him.

I have to admit, Bashir had a rough life. Lost two sets of parents, and the last one basically abandoned him to deal with their crippling debt before they even died. Is it any wonder he became a Supervillain?

I remember when they compared Caitlin/Frost to the Hulk, so fittingly she's the one who advises Fuerza, a really low-budget TV Hulk, how to control her two halves. Although it still felt like that was resolved a little too quickly.

Are we just going to forget about all of Psych's attacks on the city and how he almost mind broke a bunch of people? I get they need to protect him, but still. Granted, Alexa killed Abra Kadabra but I'm not sure what they can do about that now. Just feels like the show is making a bad habit of forgiving and forgetting stuff this season.

Y'know, Fuerza's powers in the comics don't necessitate a giant CGI monster to pull off, so I'm not sure why they went in that direction.

Cisco's so overqualified that he's not sure what he's going to do after leaving STAR Labs, he just knows he wants to do something other than spend the rest of his life there...and honestly a part of this felt driven by Carlos Valdez' own feelings about being on the show and playing Cisco. Is he going to get a job with Argus?

Did Joe really need to resign from the CCPD to make a point? Isn't he better equipped to help the city and oppose Kramer from a position of power? Is this supposed to be a commentary on the police? Is Kramer going to take over the CCPD? Is Barry going to quit too?

Is Bashir and Alexa's dynamic foreshadowing Nora and Bart?

You know the Speed Force is evil now because it's wearing dark lipstick and eyeshadow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    At least they justified it by saying the Magentacles nullified Barry's speed.

What is it with these shows promoting characters to positions of authority (Alex as Director of the DEO, Joe as Captain), only to immediately undermine them at every turn to the point they quit? It's as annoying as killing characters, only to bring them back the next episode.