Page 689 of 827 FirstFirst ... 189589639679685686687688689690691692693699739789 ... LastLast
Results 10,321 to 10,335 of 12392
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't think the reason for Cicada's personality shift is down to Chris Klein's acting. His acting is probably on point and simply following the direction for the character. Now that we know Grace is the influencer, it makes sense why Cicada would act this way. We've seen Dwyer act differently in different situations and time frames. So I'm expecting it to all make sense when we get all the facts. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

Frankly, a lot of the mysterious villains--the Man in the Yellow Suit, Zoom, Dr. Alchemy, Savitar--have been stylized in their voice interpretation until the reveal when we knew who they really were. Even now Tom Cavanagh does things with his voice which could be laughable, if I wasn't used to that particular style for a Wells or a Thawne.

Orlin Dwyer worked for me in the last episode, because he had just the right amount of menace and unpredictably (either because of Grace or the pain from the dark matter or a combination of both) that I got real chills in those scenes with Iris. I didn't know what he was going to do and that scared me--in a way that Goldface never did. The suspense in the Iris scenes had me on the edge of my seat.
    Yeah, to be fair, I've never had much of a problem with Klein in other things. De Niro he ain't but he was usually fine. It may well be the direction or just a very wrong choice on his part on how to play the character. Either way... bleugh.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I'd still like to know how he survived being erased after his last fight against the Legends.
    Time Travel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Time Travel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Indeed. Who knows when that Thawne was from.

Or something.

Anything.

Retired

I used to have the Thawne thing figured out, but I can't remember it anymore.

Plot armor, plain and simple.

And I hope that comes to an end soon, I'm so sick of Thawne by now, Tom Cavanagh or not.

I'm just assuming that this Thawne is the one that Barry let get away at the end of the Earth-X crossover.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Plot armor, plain and simple.

And I hope that comes to an end soon, I'm so sick of Thawne by now, Tom Cavanagh or not.
    Yeah, why is he the only non season big bad recurring villain?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because he's the only one outside of Zoom that doesn't suck, and they can't use Zoom because he's the Black Racer now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Because he's Barry's Archenemy.

I mean, Merlyn stuck around for 5 seasons of Arrow before they finally killed him off.

And the result was absolutely terrible and hurt the show more than Olicity ever could (imO).

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Because he's the only one outside of Zoom that doesn't suck, and they can't use Zoom because he's the Black Racer now.
    Black Flash, actually. Black Racer is the New Gods' version of the Grim Reaper, though considering Barry merged with him back in Darkseid War . . .
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/10/...ving-season-5/

Pretty surprised to see him leaving.

Retired

This isn't news. It's been expected for months that Carlos Valdes was leaving--and the show has been building up to this departure. But I hope it's a bit of a swerve, in the end. Even though it still causes me great anguish, the death of Stein was so tragic because it seemed like he was going to leave the Legends to be with his family. The same kind of swerve could happen with Vibe, where we think he's going off into the sunset on his own terms, only for him to lose his life tragically--maybe as a consequence of the oncoming Crisis.

In the lead-up to COIE, I expect a lot of character deaths. Such a big event warrants clearing the decks of old characters and changing the status quo for all the shows.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think it is pretty clear the "cure" Cisco comes up with is going to used in some way that hurts one of his friends, and that will make him feel guilty and be the reason he leaves.

Astonishing Member

See him soon in a sit-com that flops. If you are in a show that works, stay with it and cash the checks. Invest wisely.