Page 807 of 827 FirstFirst ... 307707757797803804805806807808809810811817 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,105 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I would take a suit that looks better in live action over a comic-accurate suit that doesn't any day.

I get that Thawne coming back from the dead again and again is straight from the comics, and I have no real problem with that. My problem is the actor they keep using because either the producers are in love with him, Matt's schedule is too full for him to come back more often, or both.

And personally, I think the better story would be to have Matt's reformed Thawne back for a long period of time- like a full season- watch as he proves himself to Barry, maybe even gains speed... and all the while wondering if he can stay a good person, or if he'll fall back into his old habits again and turn evil. That interests me more than trying to cram all of that into two episodes, only for Cavanaugh to bust out of Letscher Freddy Kruger style and growl in a whisper 'I'm back!'
    I'm not sure if the old suit looks as good, but I think it's more the new one just not fitting Cavanagh.

To be honest I could never really buy into a reformed Thawne, because then...would it really be Thawne? But he at least had the amnesia excuse here.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Kudos for a real f***ed-up ending. Real horror show.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if the old suit looks as good, but I think it's more the new one just not fitting Cavanagh.
    I think you're right, because the new suit looked great on Grant.

Not showing us CG Fuerza again was a great decision, but bringing back the Forces as Negative versions? That I'm not so sure about. What was the explanation? They gave the positive Forces a case of the Mondays? What does that even mean?

Fasttrack is pretty cool, although her story is shaping up to be a tragic one.

Did Thawne borrow Oliver Queen's copy of the Count of Monte Cristo or something?

Does anyone care about this Cecile plot? And letting The Top, a dangerous and known criminal, into their house like she's a neighbor and not someone who has tried to kill their family in the past? Is Cecile gaining Despero's psychic power somehow? Is she going to just continue to wear black leather while hanging around Team Flash? Do we really need this?
    If it means keeping Danielle Nicolet around for another season, I suppose we do. We lost Jax when Stein left, we lost Ray and Nora at the same time. If they're going to keep Cecile without Joe, she needs to have some kind of plot.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Possible this "Negative" story was written to be a potential series finale, since it wasn't known the show would get another season. One way or another, the final storyline for Flash will involve Thawne.
    That's probably it. It really sucks that they don't know far enough in advance that it'll be the last season, but at least they did keep in mind that Thawne needs to be in the finale.

And personally, I think the better story would be to have Matt's reformed Thawne back for a long period of time- like a full season- watch as he proves himself to Barry, maybe even gains speed... and all the while wondering if he can stay a good person, or if he'll fall back into his old habits again and turn evil. That interests me more than trying to cram all of that into two episodes, only for Cavanaugh to bust out of Letscher Freddy Kruger style and growl in a whisper 'I'm back!'
    That would've been a cool idea. It's probably been long enough since seasons 1 and 2 that we can do another possibly evil Speedster traitor story that hits a little differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, National City. Like I never expected him to headline a show as Green Lantern just because the CGI would be to expensive, but for like if they start doing yearly crossovers again he'd make an appearance
    In this day and age I really do wonder about how well they could pull off a Green Lantern show with a reasonable budget. Between Dreamer on Supergirl and even the stuff in Ms. Marvel, they might be able to impress us.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    If it means keeping Danielle Nicolet around for another season, I suppose we do. We lost Jax when Stein left, we lost Ray and Nora at the same time. If they're going to keep Cecile without Joe, she needs to have some.
    I'm fine enough with Danielle (could do with a little less "feelings" and telling people how they're feeling) but I don't think we need her to be an active hero to accomplish that.

Mighty Member

I liked Reverse-Flash's black outfit.

BANNED

I feel like this episode was nearly incoherent and Grant has looked miserable all season.

"At least your mother...and Iris...were finally worth something after all." Jeez, Thawne really went there.

Man, Barry is out for blood. I kind of like it for how stark a change it is.

Bart and Nora think they can take on Thawne by themselves...these two are adorable.

I guess Barry's fault was not thinking too deeply about the existence of a Negative Speed Force implying there are a bunch of other existential forces out there to keep things in balance. Very Light/Dark Star Wars-y of the series.

Wow, who would have expected Damian Darhk to end up being the MVP for helping the West family? The guy just can't resist being absolutely charming and mesmerizing. If it were me I would be sorely tempted to go along with living with him in a time stone for the rest of my life.

When in doubt, Jay and Joan Garrick will help find Iris and provide Barry the emotional support he needs to stop Thawne. Heck, this isn't even the present-day versions of themselves! Which does beg the question where present-day Jay was.

So Cecile got boosted powers so she could free all the Forces. Well, I guess that's one way to justify making Cecile important.

What do we call Thawne powered by all the Forces? Ultimate Reverse-Flash? Full Powered Reverse-Flash? Devil Flash? It's like they put all the evil Speedsters together into a blender to come up with that costume.

So we're going with "Eobard" and "Thawne" to differentiate the two, I see.

I have to admit fully-powered Barry versus fully-powered Thawne going head-to-head with godlike powers was kind of cool, even if it ended up almost destroying the city. Still not sure if anyone wanted to see the Forces play such a pivotal role in the show again.

Thawne is about to initiate Armageddon again and Barry defeats him with...zen thinking? Or Thawne overexerted himself trying to kill Barry and it basically wiped him and the impact of the Negative Forces out of existence? This death will probably stick a bit but I'm expecting Thawne back by the series finale.

Show, please stop giving Cecile powers. Like, seriously.

I guess Meena was never meant to be a Speedster, being used as a pawn and for emotional drama the whole time. I feel bad for her. I wonder if she'll ever show up again.

So what happened with Caitlin and Frost? Mark didn't seem to recognize her at all. She said "a friend...I think" so is it a new personality? Frost with no memories? I was kind of hoping she'd straight up murk Mark Killer Frost style. Now that would be a cliffhanger.

That blue stone...could it be? Cobalt Blue!?

BANNED

"At least your mother...and Iris...were finally worth something after all." Jeez, Thawne really went there.

Man, Barry is out for blood. I kind of like it for how stark a change it is.

Bart and Nora think they can take on Thawne by themselves...these two are adorable.

I guess Barry's fault was not thinking too deeply about the existence of a Negative Speed Force implying there are a bunch of other existential forces out there to keep things in balance. Very Light/Dark Star Wars-y of the series.

Wow, who would have expected Damian Darhk to end up being the MVP for helping the West family? The guy just can't resist being absolutely charming and mesmerizing. If it were me I would be sorely tempted to go along with living with him in a time stone for the rest of my life.

When in doubt, Jay and Joan Garrick will help find Iris and provide Barry the emotional support he needs to stop Thawne. Heck, this isn't even the present-day versions of themselves! Which does beg the question where present-day Jay was.

So Cecile got boosted powers so she could free all the Forces. Well, I guess that's one way to justify making Cecile important.

What do we call Thawne powered by all the Forces? Ultimate Reverse-Flash? Full Powered Reverse-Flash? Devil Flash? It's like they put all the evil Speedsters together into a blender to come up with that costume.

So we're going with "Eobard" and "Thawne" to differentiate the two, I see.

I have to admit fully-powered Barry versus fully-powered Thawne going head-to-head with godlike powers was kind of cool, even if it ended up almost destroying the city. Still not sure if anyone wanted to see the Forces play such a pivotal role in the show again.

Thawne is about to initiate Armageddon again and Barry defeats him with...zen thinking? Or Thawne overexerted himself trying to kill Barry and it basically wiped him and the impact of the Negative Forces out of existence? This death will probably stick a bit but I'm expecting Thawne back by the series finale.

Show, please stop giving Cecile powers. Like, seriously.

I guess Meena was never meant to be a Speedster, being used as a pawn and for emotional drama the whole time. I feel bad for her. I wonder if she'll ever show up again.

So what happened with Caitlin and Frost? Mark didn't seem to recognize her at all. She said "a friend...I think" so is it a new personality? Frost with no memories? I was kind of hoping she'd straight up murk Mark Killer Frost style. Now that would be a cliffhanger.

Wait, that was future Jay? I thought Jay was dead in Bart and Nora's time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Wait, that was future Jay? I thought Jay was dead in Bart and Nora's time.
    Bart's time hijinx in the post-Armageddon season opener "fixed" Jay's death or last season's finale prevented Godspeed from killing jay in the first place.

I'm more impressed with how Jay manages to look the actor's age no matter how much time passes. He looks the same age 10 years ago on Stargirl, in the present with Barry and in the future with Bart and Nora.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I feel like this episode was nearly incoherent and Grant has looked miserable all season.
    So it wasn't just me, whew, good then.

I could not follow the Negtive Forces are bad, now Bashir is "secretly(?)" working to do good using Cecile as a conduit....then all the Negative Forces are good with a resurrected Nora giving their power to Barry....to beat their avatar?

Just a cluster of an ending to an uneven season. Not an episode or string of episodes to end a show on SOOOOO, please get the ending right in S9 to end this series upon, please.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So it wasn't just me, whew, good then.

I could not follow the Negtive Forces are bad, now Bashir is "secretly(?)" working to do good using Cecile as a conduit....then all the Negative Forces are good with a resurrected Nora giving their power to Barry....to beat their avatar?

Just a cluster of an ending to an uneven season. Not an episode or string of episodes to end a show on SOOOOO, please get the ending right in S9 to end this series upon, please.
    The same actors/characters (except Nora) were in dual roles. The Negative and Positive forces had identical avatars. The Bashir working with Cecile was the Positive Forces version.

1. Well, they did have lightsabers last season...

2. I love every time they bring back Damian, because they do it SPARINGLY. So when he does come back, it makes an impact. Plus, he's become such a fascinating character.

3. With that suit, I called him Super Shredder. That was some early-90's, Power Ranger-level scuplted muscles on that thing.

4. To be played, no doubt, by Tom Cavanaugh.

3. With that suit, I called him Super Shredder. That was some early-90's, Power Ranger-level scuplted muscles on that thing.
    Looked like they spray-painted the old 90's Flash suit.(which unfortunately gave Kavanagh a bit of a double-chin) And here we had just gotten a real all-yellow w/red boots R-F suit.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Looked like they spray-painted the old 90's Flash suit.(which unfortunately gave Kavanagh a bit of a double-chin) And here we had just gotten a real all-yellow w/red boots R-F suit.
    Meh, neither suit was good. His earlier suit was better. Just imo.