Page 688 of 827 FirstFirst ... 188588638678684685686687688689690691692698738788 ... LastLast
Results 10,306 to 10,320 of 12392
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I have to say even though there was some glaring stupidity in this episode (namely everything with Iris my god she is a moron) this take on Goldface was pretty damn good. I mean better than anytime he has been used in the comics good. From the look to the powers this reimagining of him was amazing, and I would be more than happy to see it transfered over to the comics.

Just a quick look at the comic version of Goldface.

Retired

I liked Iris in this episode. Actually her story was probably the best of the three. She's a reporter, she has to take chances. She was doing her reporter thing and the risk she took seemed worth it. She couldn't have expected Dwyer to show up when he did. She was crafty and she showed guts. The worst you could argue is that Iris was too clever when compared with the rest of the gang that have all faced Cicada and done much worse. Yet she, with no super-powers, was able to fend him off. I could see people complaining about that--but if she's going to be built up as a great reporter, then she needs a few wins, like this. Besides which, the whole episode seemed to be about solving problems without powers. And as the resident non-powered person in the bunch, Iris is the one who has learned how to cope, because she doesn't have that crutch.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I liked Iris in this episode. Actually her story was probably the best of the three. She's a reporter, she has to take chances. She was doing her reporter thing and the risk she took seemed worth it. She couldn't have expected Dwyer to show up when he did. She was crafty and she showed guts. The worst you could argue is that Iris was too clever when compared with the rest of the gang that have all faced Cicada and done much worse. Yet she, with no super-powers, was able to fend him off. I could see people complaining about that--but if she's going to be built up as a great reporter, then she needs a few wins, like this. Besides which, the whole episode seemed to be about solving problems without powers. And as the resident non-powered person in the bunch, Iris is the one who has learned how to cope, because she doesn't have that crutch.
    I'm with you, Jim. This is what she should be doing, instead of the "I'm the Flash" nonsense.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I'm with you, Jim. This is what she should be doing, instead of the "I'm the Flash" nonsense.
    A little part of me died inside whenever they said that crap

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    A little part of me died inside whenever they said that crap
    Saying you're part of "Team Flash" is perfectly fine by me, but, yeah, that was seriously ridiculous.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Glad they said Goldface was alive, because that molten gold pouring out of his body sure seemed to imply otherwise.

Maybe he just has massive internal bleeding?

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Solid episode once again hurt by the sucktitude that is Cicada. Along with having to deal with his awful acting, we're supposed to believe that Cicada is the villain that Barry would go over the line for. To misquote Arrested Development..."him?"
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Solid episode once again hurt by the sucktitude that is Cicada. Along with having to deal with his awful acting, we're supposed to believe that Cicada is the villain that Barry would go over the line for. To misquote Arrested Development..."him?"
    Reverse Flash killed Barry's mother. Zoom killed his dad. Savitar killed Iris. Yet Cicada is the one he doesn't spare? Cicada is sort of a stupid name for a villain. Real cicadas are harmless bugs that make summer sound like summer.

Incredible Member

Anybody else notice the easter egg of the weapons called 'toasters'? First referenced (I think) in Steel (the comics and the movie) and was also used in an episode of Lois and Clark.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Awesome laser rifle scene.
    As a Rob Zombie fan, the choice of background music pleased me greatly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I'm half expecting Eobard Wells to come back in time, kill Sherloque, and take his place.
    I'd still like to know how he survived being erased after his last fight against the Legends.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I'd still like to know how he survived being erased after his last fight against the Legends.
    This is probably a different time remnant of him. There seems to be an infinite number of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    He has invincible plot hole proof armour.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    LOL! I love good Arrested Development nods.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Retired

I don't think the reason for Cicada's personality shift is down to Chris Klein's acting. His acting is probably on point and simply following the direction for the character. Now that we know Grace is the influencer, it makes sense why Cicada would act this way. We've seen Dwyer act differently in different situations and time frames. So I'm expecting it to all make sense when we get all the facts. I could be wrong, but I hope not.

Frankly, a lot of the mysterious villains--the Man in the Yellow Suit, Zoom, Dr. Alchemy, Savitar--have been stylized in their voice interpretation until the reveal when we knew who they really were. Even now Tom Cavanagh does things with his voice which could be laughable, if I wasn't used to that particular style for a Wells or a Thawne.

Orlin Dwyer worked for me in the last episode, because he had just the right amount of menace and unpredictably (either because of Grace or the pain from the dark matter or a combination of both) that I got real chills in those scenes with Iris. I didn't know what he was going to do and that scared me--in a way that Goldface never did. The suspense in the Iris scenes had me on the edge of my seat.